MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 06-01-2009, 04:54 PM   #41
Squoddybody
This is me.

Feedback Rating: (5)

Experience: 8 years
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
Custom 2003 SV650

It's tomorrow night!

follow me on IG - squoddybody
Squoddybody is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Group Riding Discussion sunday_rider General Discussion (Moto Related) 68 12-16-2012 07:26 AM
group riding Question Bruiser Safety Corner Main 24 06-07-2010 11:16 PM
Group Riders Class Attendees---THANKS walturd General Discussion (Moto Related) 8 06-04-2009 08:48 PM
Group riding last night?? Zapata General Discussion (Moto Related) 1 05-31-2009 12:50 PM
Advertisement
Old 06-02-2009, 10:12 PM   #42
bioGuru
Aut inveniam viam aut fac

Feedback Rating: (4)

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):
2008 Suzuki GSX650F - sold

Member Garage

Wooo Hooo!!!

Thanks bunches Awesome Cycles!!

Great class - learned some good stuff about group riding.

To all you losers who bailed on a FREE and AWESOME learning experience.

I am sending a to each of you.

Motorcycling in itself is not inherently dangerous. But to an even greater degree than the sea, it is terribly unforgiving of any carelessness, incapacity or neglect.
bioGuru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 10:14 PM   #43
skmart2
Stephanie

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 9-12 months

Bike(s):
none right now :(
07 ninja 250 - sold
07 ZZR 600 - sold

ugggghhh... I had to bring work home with me :(
Old 06-02-2009, 10:15 PM   #44
skmart2
Stephanie

Bike(s):
07 ninja 250 - sold
07 ZZR 600 - sold

anyone got cliff notes I could score from ya? one day I'll ride again, one day...
Old 06-02-2009, 10:25 PM   #45
MudBug
Banned

Feedback Rating: (3)

Experience: 6 years
Trackdays: 6

Bike(s):
1994 kawi zx7
1991 DR250

Member Garage

User is banned

MudBug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 10:33 PM   #46
houtex
Hit'n the track pipe

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 1-3 months

Big 's to Challen, Walter & Beth? (I could and proabably am totally wrong on the name sorry) and Awesome Cycles for putting on the class. A lot of good info was exchanged not only from the instructors but the participants.

Big to those who sign up and don't show to these types of events. Sponsors like Awesome Cycles and others put on FREE classes and when people don't show, they probably think twice about putting any others on because while it is FREE, they still have to pay electricity and other costs.

In the end, we lose.

laguna sig

Last edited by houtex; 06-02-2009 at 10:36 PM.
houtex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 10:39 PM   #47
ajax40
forever is never

Experience: 6 years

Bike(s):
04 CBR600RR

, i just read about this today....

i lose
Old 06-02-2009, 10:50 PM   #48
Squoddybody
This is me.

Feedback Rating: (5)

Experience: 8 years

Bike(s):
Custom 2003 SV650

Out of 24 ppl signed, only ten showed. That meant that some ppl may have been turned away due to the fact that the class was full.

Either way, though, it was a awesome class- as usual! And I got to meet new ppl; which is always a good day!

follow me on IG - squoddybody
Squoddybody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 10:52 PM   #49
bioGuru

Bike(s):

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajax40 View Post
, i just read about this today....

i lose
Well you did lose, but not so much as all those folks who made a commitment and then for no reason at all just decided they are too much of a "princess" to grace us with their presence.

Challen wouldn't give us the list so we could call you out by name but you know who you are...

Motorcycling in itself is not inherently dangerous. But to an even greater degree than the sea, it is terribly unforgiving of any carelessness, incapacity or neglect.
Old 06-02-2009, 11:03 PM   #50
skmart2
Stephanie

Bike(s):
07 ninja 250 - sold
07 ZZR 600 - sold

hey I sent them an email early today when I found out what kind of I was in for...sorry if it caused someone to be turned away tho :(
Old 06-02-2009, 11:08 PM   #51
bioGuru

Bike(s):

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by skmart2 View Post
hey I sent them an email early today when I found out what kind of I was in for...sorry if it caused someone to be turned away tho
You were responsible and canceled in a timely manner. Therefore you are not considered a no-show.

Old 06-03-2009, 01:32 AM   #52
Scatter

Experience: 4-8 months

Quote:
Originally Posted by MudBug View Post
**** . That was today. Scatter you are fired. I need a new sexutary.
you never sent an email to sign up, so you weren't flaky
Scatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 03:15 AM   #53
Meaner-n-u
Just so you know...

Experience: 7 years

Bike(s):
2013 Triumph Speed Triple SE
09 Fz6"Rrrrr"

Rant text is hidden for those who want to remain DRAMA FREE - Highlight or just read the "Nice" stuff. Only don't comment here - send me a PM if I yanked your chain, cuz I'd love to have some names to go with the empty seats...

***BEGIN RANT***

I didn't sign up - tonight is typically a work night for me and I don't sign up for stuff (even weekly M&G's) if I only "HOPE" I can make it. Because my schedule is rigid, but not set in stone, sometimes I just show up and make room for myself. As luck would have it work called at 4:50pm because they could not confirm my patient. Knowing there was limited space and it was last minute, I called Squoddy who said - DNGRMOUSE ~ Monkey 6.9 - was out and I should take his place. Cool for me and cool for the spot not going to waste ~ Only...

Had Weenie not backed out I would have been turned away at the door because the class was supposed to be FULL. Hand-outs, work-books, etc - limited space/full ~ OVER HALF OF YOU PUNKED OUT. WTF? Next time (If there is one) If you can't commit, don't sign up. There were people who showed up early, but were TURNED AWAY because the class was "Full" of No-Shows.

Unless you were in a wreck, stopped for speeding, placed in jail, called to the deathbed of a sick person... What was your EXCUSE for hogging a spot and not showing? You Suck. Buy a calendar. Better yet have someone write it on your forehead with a sharpie so you can see it everytime you pass a mirror. But don't flake, it wasn't a M&G or a weekly ride, it was a FREE CLASS with limited space available. It was money spent by a sponsor to provide free supplies for a class people showed a lot of interest in attending. Bet if you had paid money you would have showed.

Your Loss.

***END RANT***

The hand-outs were cool, the video was okay, but the discussions were priceless and the knowlege shared was invaluable.

AS ALWAYS IT WAS AWESOME!
Old 06-03-2009, 06:37 AM   #54
Spiderman
Outkasts C.C.

Bike(s):
06 Katana 750 (sold)
94 FXR, 75 Sportster
98 Buell S1, 79 Shovel
95 Kawi KZ1000P (Madmax)
mini chopper

Great class. Thanks to Challen and the owners of Awesome Cycles for putting this on.

Fail! to those that didn't show.
Spiderman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 07:22 AM   #55
Guitar Man
Keep moving!!!!>>>>>>>>>>

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
2013 Suzuki V Strom DL650 22,000 miles
09 Yamaha FZ6 59,651 miles (RIP)
07 Yamaha FZ6 39,668 miles (RIP)
73 Triumph Tiger 750
Cannondale Quick CX4 (Pedal Powaa!!)

Good class. Thanks Awesome Cycles. I learned a thing or two.
Old 06-03-2009, 07:25 AM   #56
Navajib

Experience: 9 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
Moto-in-a-Box (CRF450R Motard)
Some Dirties
WTB: Adv Moto!

Dang, how did I miss FREE? I never saw this.
Kudos to the responsible ones!
Navajib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 07:35 AM   #57
sv88

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
03 SV1000n street
05 SV 650, R6 race (supersport)

Was a great class. I accomplished two goals - learn a lot more about group riding and put some names to faces on MH. Dave did a great job, kept it interesting and real. The two and a half hrs went by seemlessly.

I almost didn't make it in to the class but a girl had the decency to cancel so that I could get in. If you're not going to show, at least drop a line so that others can get in...
We need to support this type of rider education (particularly when it's free) - it makes it more fun for everyone and improves our image as motorcyclists. I feel that I can now group ride - and keep the speed @ the track where it belongs.
Old 06-03-2009, 10:02 AM   #58
bioGuru

Bike(s):

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meaner-n-u View Post
Rant text is hidden for those who want to remain DRAMA FREE - Highlight or just read the "Nice" stuff. Only don't comment here - send me a PM if I yanked your chain, cuz I'd love to have some names to go with the empty seats...

***BEGIN RANT***

I didn't sign up - tonight is typically a work night for me and I don't sign up for stuff (even weekly M&G's) if I only "HOPE" I can make it. Because my schedule is rigid, but not set in stone, sometimes I just show up and make room for myself. As luck would have it work called at 4:50pm because they could not confirm my patient. Knowing there was limited space and it was last minute, I called Squoddy who said - DNGRMOUSE ~ Monkey 6.9 - was out and I should take his place. Cool for me and cool for the spot not going to waste ~ Only...

Had Weenie not backed out I would have been turned away at the door because the class was supposed to be FULL. Hand-outs, work-books, etc - limited space/full ~ OVER HALF OF YOU PUNKED OUT. WTF? Next time (If there is one) If you can't commit, don't sign up. There were people who showed up early, but were TURNED AWAY because the class was "Full" of No-Shows.

Unless you were in a wreck, stopped for speeding, placed in jail, called to the deathbed of a sick person... What was your EXCUSE for hogging a spot and not showing? You Suck. Buy a calendar. Better yet have someone write it on your forehead with a sharpie so you can see it everytime you pass a mirror. But don't flake, it wasn't a M&G or a weekly ride, it was a FREE CLASS with limited space available. It was money spent by a sponsor to provide free supplies for a class people showed a lot of interest in attending. Bet if you had paid money you would have showed.

Your Loss.

***END RANT***

The hand-outs were cool, the video was okay, but the discussions were priceless and the knowlege shared was invaluable.

AS ALWAYS IT WAS AWESOME!
+1 she speaks the TRUTH!!!

Old 06-03-2009, 11:32 AM   #59
elephant head
Keep gang banging!

Experience: 1-3 months

, I missed it. I need to hang out in mre places then just offtopic.
elephant head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 04:09 PM   #60
bioGuru

Bike(s):

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by elephant head View Post
, I missed it. I need to hang out in more places then just offtopic.

I sent an email to David and suggested next time he post in events and add to the MH calendar to help people remember.

Also might help to post in the the Awesome cycles sponsor area since it will stay a top post there.

Advertisement