MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 05-17-2009, 10:55 AM   #61
ddgtomahawk
Write my name! \/

Feedback Rating: (2)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2016 R1
2001 Honda CBR929 RE
2005 Honda CBR600RR
2007 R6S

Does harris county even pursue I know the canine unit from friendswood he stated they do not pursue bikes, and alvin pd told me the same( and added that B.C. is the same/brazoria county) while I was at court one day talking to three officers that were there for traffic stops and stuff.

Come here you little cake eating sieg heil .
ddgtomahawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
This could get me in trouble gtdrivr General Discussion (Moto Related) 8 04-23-2013 10:37 AM
FML LS1 trouble starting! OpnCskt Car Forum 18 08-23-2012 10:33 AM
2006 R1 Starting trouble koroshjimenez General Discussion (Moto Related) 121 02-27-2011 09:24 PM
Got in Trouble.. Ramius Off Topic 7 09-13-2006 08:35 AM
Advertisement
Old 05-17-2009, 11:29 AM   #62
v4lu3s

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 4 years

Bike(s):
2003 CBR 600 F4i -- Sold

Member Garage

I guess some people forgot about the city of Houston hauling away 250 people in handcuffs in a K-Mart parking lot a few years ago, sure they all got let go in the end and charges dropped, but they still went for a of a ride, being arrested, cars towed, night in jail, court time and attorney's fees. If the powers that be think that sport bikes are a problem there will be action any place that people on sport bikes congregate.

As far as officers having something more important to do....I suspect a lot of people do not realize that officers assigned to traffic enforcement related activities are not going to be involved in investigations into pedophiles. The traffic enforcement people are specifically assigned to passing out tickets and stopping people on the road. Then you got a guy on patrol who has been assigned to patrol an area...that usually will include traffic enforcement assuming he is not actively responding to a call.

Lastly....there will always be that one last runner who IS the one that sets it off. They will not decide to have a program to crack down on sport bikes on a day when nothing happens....
v4lu3s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2009, 11:41 AM   #63
S.D.W.
...Ready

Feedback Rating: (5)

Experience: 1-3 months

Bike(s):
2011 ZX10 Racebike
2010 Crf450r
2009 zx6 race bike
2009 ttr110

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoPoRiderRR View Post
Everyone loves to "PASS THE BUCK" - This all stems from people not wanting to ACCEPT responsibilty for their actions... If you want to speed, do wheelies, weave in and out of cars and such then DO IT!!! Just know that you are breaking the law and take your tickets(s) or jail... YOU chose to do it so now accept the consequences... HOWEVER the latter wants to spin it, it is just this... PASSING THE BUCK...
Still no bike after your trackday incident huh?
Old 05-17-2009, 06:00 PM   #64
Punisher1340

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 7 years

Bike(s):
2008 Bking 1340
Triumph Rocket 3 (05& 06)
Yamaha Ride Smart Warrior 05
Yamaha Roadstar 1602 01

hey

thursday night did anyone know the rider who crashed at Treashwig(ms) and fm 1960? when i got there EMS hauling him off and his bike was still on fire.

he had a helmet on and that save his because he hit head first and broke his leg compound fracture.
Old 05-17-2009, 06:09 PM   #65
SexualChocolate
JapLac on 22s

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):
998CCs of KING KONG...

Send a message via AIM to SexualChocolate
Quote:
Originally Posted by dudewhrsmybike View Post
YUP. That's another reason why I think it's a JOKE to ride a Supersport Motorcycle on the street sometimes.
Then why do you continue to do it? Why did you not want to ride with Chris when he said the pace was going to be slow?

mybanner4a260100b5617
SexualChocolate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2009, 06:10 PM   #66
Punisher1340

Experience: 7 years

Bike(s):
2008 Bking 1340
Triumph Rocket 3 (05& 06)
Yamaha Ride Smart Warrior 05
Yamaha Roadstar 1602 01

oh

by the way the hole officers " don't you have something better to do like go and catch a drug dealer or a murder " our jobs are reactive "answering calls when you want us we come " and "proactive watching people do stupid things in front of us"
crime is crime sin is sin you play you will eventuality pay.

and the mentality of breaking the speed limit in not breaking the law. where did you go to school and what kind of moral compass did your parents rase you with. that is the dumbest thing i have ever heard of.....

and yes when you are surrounded by cages some times you have to ride aggressively defensive to protect your self but that doesn't mead 150 or 120 or riding wheelies standing on your bike down Eastex freeway..
Old 05-17-2009, 08:01 PM   #67
BadApple
What?

Bike(s):
2006 CRF450X SuperMotard
2002 *ROCKSTAR* xr50

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by v4lu3s View Post
I guess some people forgot about the city of Houston hauling away 250 people in handcuffs in a K-Mart parking lot a few years ago, sure they all got let go in the end and charges dropped, but they still went for a of a ride, being arrested, cars towed, night in jail, court time and attorney's fees. If the powers that be think that sport bikes are a problem there will be action any place that people on sport bikes congregate.

As far as officers having something more important to do....I suspect a lot of people do not realize that officers assigned to traffic enforcement related activities are not going to be involved in investigations into pedophiles. The traffic enforcement people are specifically assigned to passing out tickets and stopping people on the road. Then you got a guy on patrol who has been assigned to patrol an area...that usually will include traffic enforcement assuming he is not actively responding to a call.

Lastly....there will always be that one last runner who IS the one that sets it off. They will not decide to have a program to crack down on sport bikes on a day when nothing happens....

OK...before you decide to cut any more of my comments down, know who you are cutting down and do a little bit more research on the topic. I am a HPD officer...in fact, i patrol ASI, PP1 and the surrounding areas.

The whole K-Mart incident, well, will never happen again. Trust me, it cost the city way to much money, time and effort. Will there be mistakes similar ever again? Who knows...but as for hauling mass amounts of people off to jail in a similar situation, its just not going to happen with our agency. They have put in place strict rules and guidelines to make sure that the city of Houston will never have to go through another incident like this again.

Secondly, traffic enforcement does not work at pp1 or asi, they are more on highways, feeders and other heavy traffic areas...and are primarily all day shift and evening shift. So you don't have to worry about getting run down by a traffic cop while you are at pp1 because when everyone meets there, they are usually already off duty. furthermore, traffic enforcement does not respond to calls. Their sole job is to enforce traffic laws.

I really believe that patrol officers have much better things to do that chase down bikers. I am not saying we won't, but its not our primary focus. Like it was stated by punisher, we are proactive just as much as we are reactive. I am not saying that patrol officers will not enforce traffic laws...many do...Patrol officers write just as many tickets as traffic enforcement, if not more. It all depends on what that officer enjoys doing...i enjoy running calls, others enjoy seeing how many tickets they can accumulate.

I am not sure you understand the fact that sports bike have always run from the police. Its not like this has been a new emerging trend of recent activity. since sports bike have been introduced to the united states, police have had them run...some we catch, others get away. So as for 1 bike setting off a arsenal on all sport bike riders, once again, its just not going to happen. If this would have been the case, it would have already have occurred some time of the past 30 years.

Last edited by BadApple; 05-17-2009 at 08:05 PM.
BadApple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2009, 08:14 PM   #68
ddgtomahawk
Write my name! \/

Feedback Rating: (2)

Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2016 R1
2001 Honda CBR929 RE
2005 Honda CBR600RR
2007 R6S

You just easily earned my respect with a well written and explained reply.

Come here you little cake eating sieg heil .
ddgtomahawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2009, 08:26 PM   #69
v4lu3s

Experience: 4 years

Bike(s):
2003 CBR 600 F4i -- Sold

Member Garage

Badapple, well written response. I have two questions....

are you a policy maker for the police department and the City of Houston? Or are you an officer that follows policy?

what was done as a warm up or practice run before the k-mart raid? I believe it was about two weeks prior...
v4lu3s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2009, 08:38 PM   #70
BadApple
What?

Bike(s):
2006 CRF450X SuperMotard
2002 *ROCKSTAR* xr50

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by v4lu3s View Post
Badapple, well written response. I have two questions....

are you a policy maker for the police department and the City of Houston? Or are you an officer that follows policy?

what was done as a warm up or practice run before the k-mart raid? I believe it was about two weeks prior...
What kind of question is that?? I obey and live by our policies...other wise my family does not get to eat and a roof over our heads. The policies that we now have are there to prevent another k-mart incident from occurring. Plain and simple.

The k-mart raid was a huge mess and primarily was the fault of a few people who made very bad decisions in high places. I can not give you a complete rundown but i know enough about it due to the mandatory training we now have to go through because of that incident every year.
Old 05-17-2009, 08:40 PM   #71
BadApple
What?

Bike(s):
2006 CRF450X SuperMotard
2002 *ROCKSTAR* xr50

Member Garage

and i believe the incident you are referring to is one involving motorcycles at denny's/ yes i am aware, but i will state one more time...policies now dictate that this sort of activity will not be tolerated

Last edited by BadApple; 05-17-2009 at 08:42 PM.
Old 05-17-2009, 08:44 PM   #72
JRxGRUBZx

Experience: 2 years

Bike(s):
O-six six durty six (r.i.p)
07 zx6r (rip)
o-five six durty six (rip)
01 f4i - yes yes im a trader .

i love wheelies..
JRxGRUBZx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2009, 09:08 PM   #73
Ulric
Dirty Old

Bike(s):
05 FZ1

Quote:
and i believe the incident you are referring to is one involving motorcycles at denny's/ yes i am aware, but i will state one more time...policies now dictate that this sort of activity will not be tolerated
...and I think you miss his point, that he made with his question as to wether your a policy maker or an officer who follows policy.

Simple statement/fact. Policies change.

Another simple fact, each rider that rides/acts an on public roadways does some 'harm' and nothing 'good' for the community as a whole. Each 'runner' potentially create a more problems/hassles for the next rider that doesn't run.
Old 05-17-2009, 09:43 PM   #74
BadApple
What?

Bike(s):
2006 CRF450X SuperMotard
2002 *ROCKSTAR* xr50

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulric View Post
...and I think you miss his point, that he made with his question as to wether your a policy maker or an officer who follows policy.

Simple statement/fact. Policies change.

Another simple fact, each rider that rides/acts an on public roadways does some 'harm' and nothing 'good' for the community as a whole. Each 'runner' potentially create a more problems/hassles for the next rider that doesn't run.
I agree with you in that policies change, much like our policies dealing with mass arrests changed after the k-mart incident.

I also agree that 1 stupid rider can change the perception of bikers in general but I do not believe that it will bring the wrath of Hpd down on all bikers because of those few that decide to risk it and run. My point is that mistakes happened with k-mart but the department has learned from what occured and has made large efforts to not have another catastrophy like it happen again.
Old 05-17-2009, 09:44 PM   #75
andre3k
I see dead people...

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadApple View Post
What kind of question is that?? I obey and live by our policies...other wise my family does not get to eat and a roof over our heads. The policies that we now have are there to prevent another k-mart incident from occurring. Plain and simple.

The k-mart raid was a huge mess and primarily was the fault of a few people who made very bad decisions in high places. I can not give you a complete rundown but i know enough about it due to the mandatory training we now have to go through because of that incident every year.
I was rookie when k-mart happened and he pretty much hit the nail on the head. It aint happening again. Simple as that. Its was some Captains pet project and he ended up getting canned and never got his job back. In the end cruising along the Richmond strip and the associated street racing was killed by plain old aggressive traffic enforcement.
andre3k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2009, 09:49 PM   #76
BadApple
What?

Bike(s):
2006 CRF450X SuperMotard
2002 *ROCKSTAR* xr50

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by andre3k View Post
I was rookie when k-mart happened and he pretty much hit the nail on the head. It aint happening again. Simple as that. Its was some Captains pet project and he ended up getting canned and never got his job back. In the end cruising along the Richmond strip and the associated street racing was killed by plain old aggressive traffic enforcement.
Old 05-17-2009, 10:07 PM   #77
vito_8989
Stranger Danger

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadApple View Post
Your a cop?
Since when...

J/k
vito_8989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2009, 10:43 PM   #78
SexualChocolate
JapLac on 22s

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):
998CCs of KING KONG...

Send a message via AIM to SexualChocolate
Quote:
Originally Posted by andre3k View Post
And that it became a felonious offense

mybanner4a260100b5617
SexualChocolate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 12:29 AM   #79
PatternAgainst
User.

Bike(s):
Tiger 800xc

I keep the wheelies and stunts to my bmx bike. The motorcycle is for cruising :cool:
PatternAgainst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 07:11 AM   #80
moduleum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punisher1340 View Post
oh

by the way the hole officers " don't you have something better to do like go and catch a drug dealer or a murder " our jobs are reactive "answering calls when you want us we come " and "proactive watching people do stupid things in front of us"
crime is crime sin is sin you play you will eventuality pay.

and the mentality of breaking the speed limit in not breaking the law. where did you go to school and what kind of moral compass did your parents rase you with. that is the dumbest thing i have ever heard of.....

and yes when you are surrounded by cages some times you have to ride aggressively defensive to protect your self but that doesn't mead 150 or 120 or riding wheelies standing on your bike down Eastex freeway..
I think I stand with the literate crowd when I say...ummm...What?
moduleum is offline   Reply With Quote