MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.


Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Reply
Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 05-09-2009, 09:29 PM   #41
dudewhrsmybike
Moderator
 
dudewhrsmybike's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Galleria
Feedback Rating: (3)
Posts: 12,665

Experience: 8 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2011 Kawasaki ZX-10R ABS




Member Garage





Send a message via AIM to dudewhrsmybike
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdill35 View Post
You can also be doing 50 around a 20mph corner, hanging off the bike and if the officer thinks it's reckless...guess what?
YUP. That's another reason why I think it's a JOKE to ride a Supersport Motorcycle on the street sometimes.
__________________


It's GREEN, it's FAST, and it says Ninja on it
dudewhrsmybike is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
This could get me in trouble gtdrivr General Discussion (Moto Related) 8 04-23-2013 10:37 AM
FML LS1 trouble starting! OpnCskt Car Forum 18 08-23-2012 10:33 AM
2006 R1 Starting trouble koroshjimenez General Discussion (Moto Related) 121 02-27-2011 09:24 PM
Got in Trouble.. Ramius Off Topic 7 09-13-2006 08:35 AM
Advertisement
Old 05-09-2009, 09:38 PM   #42
Bevo
Hook 'em!
 
Bevo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Houston-The South Loop
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 24,292

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
'12 CBR1000RR Red/Black
'14 CB1000R Matte Gray
'10 CBR1000RR (destroyed)
'09 CBR1000RR C-ABS (sold)
'09 CBR600RR C-ABS (sold)

Member Garage





What's funny about this is that most high speed chases involve cages
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by bumblebee View Post
"I lack skillz"
Bevo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 10:07 PM   #43
tarosean
Senior Member
 
tarosean's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Madisonville
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 807

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
'99 ZX11/ '65 T120R/'93 Bandit









Quote:
Originally Posted by Challen View Post
In Texas, the only things you cannot be arrested for are speeding or open container.

You can however, be arrested for reckless driving. What constitutes reckless? That's up to the arresting officer, but there is no state law that states "after XX number of miles over, it's reckless driving".
Generally double the limit your goin in unless your extremely lucky...


I spend 2wks in jail for 124 in a 55 back in 88 (BFE New Mexico) 2yrs off my DL and a load of fines... Since then I rarely find the need to go over 100
tarosean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2009, 04:37 AM   #44
CalamariKid
Senior Member
 
CalamariKid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Sugar Land
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 356

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2008 FZ1, 1995 R1100GS, 2008 WR450F









FTP
CalamariKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 07:14 AM   #45
Punisher1340
Member
 
Punisher1340's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: houston Tx
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 55

Experience: 7 years

Bike(s):
2008 Bking 1340
Triumph Rocket 3 (05& 06)
Yamaha Ride Smart Warrior 05
Yamaha Roadstar 1602 01






ok

well yes those who don't know me i am a Cop that is a Harris County Sheriff Officer. and the point of this thread is to let some of you
fools know that when you get pulled over for speeding yes you can go to jail weather its for reckless driving or the officer instanter you but those of you who do run only make it worse on those who were just out having fun
because officers do remember and sometimes the ticket you got for 10 over is because he didnt get the one that was doing 50 over. guys just be safe thats all i have scraped too many of our friends off the pavement because they were going way too fast in the wrong place.

AND REMEMBER YOU SPEED AND GET A TICKET ITS YOUR FALT OFFICERS ARE JUST DOING THEIR JOB AND THAT'S ONE PART OF IT WE ARE NOT PICKING ON YOU WE ARE ENFORCING THE LAW. AND THATS HOW WE DO FIND HARDEN CRIMINALS BECAUSE THEY FORGET ABOUT THE WARRANTS THEY GET PULLED OVER THEY GO TO JAIL.

you who know me know i only started this because i do care about you guys and i dont want to see any of you get screwed because someone was acting a fool.


thats my 2.00 dollars worth.

vinnie
__________________
It's not vengeance.... It's PUNISHMENT ....
Punisher1340 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 07:27 AM   #46
Chubby Racer
The Confusion
 
Chubby Racer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: between a chair and a screen
Feedback Rating: (2)
Posts: 19,399

Experience: 8 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
'07 R6
'02 KLX110(tarded)








Send a message via ICQ to Chubby Racer Send a message via AIM to Chubby Racer Send a message via MSN to Chubby Racer Send a message via Yahoo to Chubby Racer
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdill35 View Post
Dont you think if the city wrote tickets instead of jail that people wouldnt run? Its kinda like, "im going to jail if I pull over so lemme try to get away."
Please tell me you don't actually believe this.
__________________
A motorcycle is a joy machine. It's a machine of wonders, a metal bird, a motorized prosthetic. It's light and dark and shiny and dirty and warm and cold lapping over each other; it's a conduit of grace, it's a catalyst for bonding the gritty and the holy.

CMRA #302
Chubby Racer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 07:40 AM   #47
dbuck
Stayin' Young
 
dbuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: NW Houston BW8/290
Feedback Rating: (5)
Posts: 19,624

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
02 Honda Superhawk









Send a message via AIM to dbuck
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brena23 View Post
I thought this has been a continual thing for sometime now...

sounds like they are just at whits end and doing something about it....


now ANSWER MY TEXT OR PM I SENT LAST WEEK OR I WILL HUNT YOU DOWN AND KEEL YOU,


or I will beg Brandt to since yall are about the same size!
wait a second...he doesn't return texts? OMG!

dbuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 08:08 AM   #48
Bevo
Hook 'em!
 
Bevo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Houston-The South Loop
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 24,292

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
'12 CBR1000RR Red/Black
'14 CB1000R Matte Gray
'10 CBR1000RR (destroyed)
'09 CBR1000RR C-ABS (sold)
'09 CBR600RR C-ABS (sold)

Member Garage





Quote:
Originally Posted by Punisher1340 View Post
ok

well yes those who don't know me i am a Cop that is a Harris County Sheriff Officer.
Don't tase me bro
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by bumblebee View Post
"I lack skillz"
Bevo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 10:44 AM   #49
ddgtomahawk
Write my name! \/
 
ddgtomahawk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Alvin
Feedback Rating: (2)
Posts: 5,493

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2016 R1
2001 Honda CBR929 RE
2005 Honda CBR600RR
2007 R6S






I admittedly avoided a pull over once then I found out what evading could do to my record so yeah after that every cop normally lets me off every time out of seven pullovers one ticket for m endorsement(this was when I was hit on my bike LMAO) I think they are just happy that I have full coverage insurance and no warrants and say goodbye also I have been thanked for stopping. I was arrested in kemah for no inspection and a annoyed attitude.
__________________


Come here you little cake eating sieg heil .
ddgtomahawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 10:56 AM   #50
PatternAgainst
User.
 
PatternAgainst's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Galifrey
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 184

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
Tiger 800xc









Quote:
Originally Posted by Candie View Post
Yep it is all the cops fault! It has absolutly nothing to do with some idiots acting like fools on public roads! Meh! I have never understood that. Everytime I have ever been pulled over or ticketed I was breaking the law.
"breaking the law" is a statement which holds a rather arbitrary conception of the creation of only slightly significant ordinances such as traffic law. traffic laws are designed with a high level of being broken taken into account from a law and economics standpoint. Laws actually have very little to do with any sort of moral compass. Why do you think lawyers seem to lack one? They confuse the two fields as well.
PatternAgainst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 10:59 AM   #51
maxgs
Guest
 
Posts: n/a







Member Garage





Quote:
Originally Posted by dbuck View Post
wait a second...he doesn't return texts? OMG!

Let is go already, drama queen.
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 11:02 AM   #52
PatternAgainst
User.
 
PatternAgainst's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Galifrey
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 184

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
Tiger 800xc









Quote:
Originally Posted by Punisher1340 View Post
ok

because officers do remember and sometimes the ticket you got for 10 over is because he didnt get the one that was doing 50 over.

so according to your logic, when the african american who stole a couple bucks from me at the gas station last week got away, it was okay for me to take that event out on the black dude who cut in front of me in line yesterday?



I'm just failing to see how this ethical framework is logical. It's purely an emotional response.
PatternAgainst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 11:41 AM   #53
PoPoRiderRR
NO MO BIKE guy!
 
PoPoRiderRR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Houston Texas
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 2,309

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 2

Bike(s):
2007 CBR 1000 RR *** SOLD ***









Quote:
Originally Posted by Candie View Post
Yep it is all the cops fault! It has absolutly nothing to do with some idiots acting like fools on public roads! Meh! I have never understood that. Everytime I have ever been pulled over or ticketed I was breaking the law.
Everyone loves to "PASS THE BUCK" - This all stems from people not wanting to ACCEPT responsibilty for their actions... If you want to speed, do wheelies, weave in and out of cars and such then DO IT!!! Just know that you are breaking the law and take your tickets(s) or jail... YOU chose to do it so now accept the consequences... HOWEVER the latter wants to spin it, it is just this... PASSING THE BUCK...
__________________
We do not take these risks to escape life, but to keep life from escaping Us.
PoPoRiderRR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 08:36 PM   #54
Punisher1340
Member
 
Punisher1340's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: houston Tx
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 55

Experience: 7 years

Bike(s):
2008 Bking 1340
Triumph Rocket 3 (05& 06)
Yamaha Ride Smart Warrior 05
Yamaha Roadstar 1602 01






yes some officers take things personal if one gets away .... most officers vow to them self not to let that happen again ..... if you want to play you have to pay and like PoPoRiderr stated Take responsibility for your self if you are speeding for breaking the law in any other way its your when you get cough dont go crying "Its not my fault"


i know you young ones still believe you are going to live for ever and are indestructible but trust me your not...
__________________
It's not vengeance.... It's PUNISHMENT ....
Punisher1340 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 09:18 PM   #55
cdill35
717
 
cdill35's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Cypress
Feedback Rating: (5)
Posts: 9,585

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2014 Phoenix 921 Pro XP w/ Merc 250 ProXS
11 Yam Zuma 125
Specialized Stumpy







Quote:
Originally Posted by po-po 5.0 View Post
Please tell me you don't actually believe this.

Don't believe what? That people would be less inclined to evade if they KNEW they wouldn't go to jail for triple digits on public streets?

Yes. I believe that. You think people run cuz they dont want a ticket? Yea...sure...some of them do... and they run for other reason as well, with potentially going to jail as a one of those "other" reasons.

You think if someone is riding a whoolie on the freeway and a cop lights him up...if he KNEW he wouldnt go to jail, most would stop. but if he KNOWS he is going to jail... it. Holla!

How long has it been since you have been on the streets?

Last edited by cdill35; 05-14-2009 at 09:21 PM.
cdill35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2009, 02:10 AM   #56
Punisher1340
Member
 
Punisher1340's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: houston Tx
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 55

Experience: 7 years

Bike(s):
2008 Bking 1340
Triumph Rocket 3 (05& 06)
Yamaha Ride Smart Warrior 05
Yamaha Roadstar 1602 01






yep

you are right running is a felony and popping a wheelie is a misdemeanor there is a big difference and if and when you run and you lay it down or crash out if its just you too bad but how many innocence might you take with you.

i know you guys, who do things like this, think only about yourself and not the safety of those around you. there is a difference between being a aggressively defensive rider and a fool but like i said its your life take responsibility for your actions because you will pay for it some day ....
__________________
It's not vengeance.... It's PUNISHMENT ....
Punisher1340 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2009, 02:31 AM   #57
Shinyman
Senior Member
 
Shinyman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Kingwood
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 1,406

Experience: 3 years
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
06 CBR1000rr with some repsol fairings
07 Buell XB9R (totaled)








Well this further proves the fact of failure and flaws in the justice system. No I'm not saying I dislike cops and all, but for the fact that you hold one thing against the world means you are failing to do your job. Also Traffic violations are not 'breaking the law' hate to tell you but if your concerned by someone riding their vehicle that was intended to go fast, over pedophiles then something isn't ticking. Popos need to review their american constitution
Nice to meet you fellow police officers, no I am not one.
Shinyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2009, 02:33 AM   #58
Shinyman
Senior Member
 
Shinyman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Kingwood
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 1,406

Experience: 3 years
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
06 CBR1000rr with some repsol fairings
07 Buell XB9R (totaled)








Let me also make note that I am not promoting the fact of acting like an everywhere you go. Just stating its a little annoying to be stuck in a huge pack of cars with drivers whom obviously are capable of causing more harm than myself.
Shinyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2009, 02:33 AM   #59
ANTISOCIAL
Senior Member
 
ANTISOCIAL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Earth
Feedback Rating: (1)
Posts: 5,035


Bike(s):
05 cbr 600 rr









Send a message via AIM to ANTISOCIAL
I have less positive run in's w/da fuzz than positive ones . But..with that being said i think most of the fuzz are on the up & up !
__________________
what do you know ?
ANTISOCIAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2009, 06:46 AM   #60
BadApple
What?
 
BadApple's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 2,683


Bike(s):
2006 CRF450X SuperMotard
2002 *ROCKSTAR* xr50



Member Garage





Quote:
Originally Posted by ANTISOCIAL View Post
I have less positive run in's w/da fuzz than positive ones . But..with that being said i think most of the fuzz are on the up & up !
FTP.....bwahahahahahahahahaha!!!! This thread makes me sad. I will tell you right now HPD has more important things to do than deal with bikes. Yes they will take action if they see you doing something that is cause for concern but they are not going to hunt bikers down and start hauling everyone off in masses. Bikes run every day, it's almost expected, but I disagree with the original poster in that 1 person running is going to make HPD come down on all bikers. It's just not going to happen.
BadApple is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:09 PM.


MotoHouston.com is not responsible for the content posted by users.
Privacy Policy