Welcome back to us :/ Our hosts data center was down for the entire day.
MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > Cruisers Lounge
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 02-26-2006, 11:17 PM   #21
Red_Rocket
I wanna go fast!

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2000 ZX-12R (Slow ET Bike)
2004 Suzuki Hayabusa Turbo
Honda 50 (HA)

Send a message via Yahoo to Red_Rocket
Oh he is differnt all right....
DJ JONES #1762 & #777(Hurricane Alley Racing)
Humble, TX (MDB Racing)
2000 ZX-12R NOS Bike
2004 Turbo Busa
Red_Rocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
SMR 3-24-2013 The Beginning grsa Event Pics and Vids 5 03-24-2013 09:59 PM
Pics. of A Crew in A Beginning!!!! black240 General Discussion (Moto Related) 21 11-11-2008 10:46 AM
Motohouston still doesn't work for me DvlRacer Forum Updates & Feedback 16 10-02-2007 01:08 PM
Beginning Riders Info............ Lobo Safety Corner Main 0 04-27-2005 02:01 PM
Advertisement
Old 02-26-2006, 11:50 PM   #22
josh302

Feedback Rating: (4)

Bike(s):
shotgun
rifle
4wd

Quote:
Originally Posted by B.S. Motorsports
Tim your a cool guy man and it was nice meeting you today sorry about the bike problems i would of helped but i had no idea about it until we all got to the hospitle....YOu and your bike are cool here as said b4 we all enjoy reading your posts....
+1
Old 02-27-2006, 07:02 AM   #23
ScooterTrash
ConroePowderCoating.com

Feedback Rating: (3)

Bike(s):
lots of em

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red_Rocket
Oh he is differnt all right....
waaaaaaaaaaait, thats not it thar' ya go speedster:laughing6

[QUOTE=Mr.D;2764337]
I respect scootertrash because well... He's like the Jesus of building and fixing .
[/QUOTE]
ScooterTrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2006, 10:15 AM   #24
Greenway Smokey
Super duper member!

Bike(s):
'04 1200XL

Send a message via AIM to Greenway Smokey
, I'm going to have to start more topics on this section now. Gotta represent the laid back bretheren
Old 02-28-2006, 05:01 AM   #25
Chris24
Thread Savior

Experience: 8 years

Bike(s):
1979 Yamaha XS1100 Special

Send a message via AIM to Chris24 Send a message via MSN to Chris24 Send a message via Yahoo to Chris24
greenway? laidback? haha. you and your "cruiser" can probably out-do at least half of some of the guys on "fast" bikes that i have ridden with. that thing is sick, and you can haul some , dude. scooter, i dont think ive really met you yet, but you are cool too. you add some fresh laughs to the board.

as for cruisers in general, there are some good things about them i like. i dont want this to sound the wrong way, but when im too old to handle a sportbike, i will definatly hop onto a cruiser to get at least a little more time on two wheels...then maybe a t-rex or something...lol...

here is a little secret for yall. in december of 04 my roommate totalled my 86 VFR, so in order to get to work i had to ride another bike to work that was in our garage. it belonged to the roommates ex-girlfreind, and we were keeping it for her for the winter...anyways. this chick was about 5'4" and maybe 90 lbs.

the bike was a kawi eliminator....125... i am not you one bit when i say it topped out at 70 downhill with the wind, 60 uphill and against. (no seriously...it sounds like a joke, but its the honest truth.)

my point is...i actually liked it. not much fun on the highway, but around town...it was ALOT of fun. it was agile as ALL , comfortable, and it was fun to push the little engine for all it was worth. i could see myself riding a bigger cruiser one day. ive even thought of getting an eliminator for myself, just as a beater, a bike to teach people on, and to get around if my sportbike was being worked on or whatever...
Old 02-28-2006, 07:13 AM   #26
ScooterTrash
ConroePowderCoating.com

Feedback Rating: (3)

Bike(s):
lots of em

dooooooooooooooooooooood, ifn' you think a cruiser is as agile as a small kawi....
real world, the sportster weighs in at 550# w/o rider. the big twin brother weighs in at the 700+ mark.
we have less HP and more weight, the weight is because we have a heavy old school pushrod style engine and metal on our bikes instead of plastic

[QUOTE=Mr.D;2764337]
I respect scootertrash because well... He's like the Jesus of building and fixing .
[/QUOTE]
ScooterTrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2006, 10:26 AM   #27
Greenway Smokey
Super duper member!

Bike(s):
'04 1200XL

Send a message via AIM to Greenway Smokey
HEy Chris, thanks for the compliment. haha

I ride pretty aggressive at times, but I also cruise a lot. A lot of my rides with my Harley buddies are pretty tame. We go a long distance just to check out hole-in-the-wall BBQ and Bars. The pace is comfortable and we take the long way around.

I'm also thinking of getting a beater for when i start back at school. I'm thinking an old Honda CB500 or 350. Actually an old Yamaha 650 would be the best. You can totally turn those into a sweet chopper.
http://www.650motorcycles.com/
Old 02-28-2006, 10:47 AM   #28
Moody
Holy Smokes!

Feedback Rating: (4)

Bike(s):

I will ride with anybody on any type of bike. As long as you are not riding like an .

Open your eyes and reclaim the freedom you were born with. - Moody
Moody is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement