Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back > General Discussion > Taking it to the Track
Forgot info?

Welcome to! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 05-07-2009, 08:22 AM   #41
RIP Coach Dave
Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 2 years
Trackdays: 10+

1999 Yamaha R1 (Sold)
2005 Yamaha R6 (Track)
2006 Suzuki GS500F (Sold)

Member Garage

Send a message via Yahoo to cyrick21
I bought the Mychron Light TG and love it. I picked it up for 150 shipped off of the WERA forum.

I've never owned or really got a chance to use and learn the XT Ultra, but this one is pretty easy to figure out. You can program all the tracks in its memory, and at each track day you can select what track you are at and it will save all of your lap times for each individual track. It has a large display and very easy to read.

Either way I dont think you can go wrong with the XT Ultra or Mychron....
R.I.P Coach Dave 04/05/09
cyrick21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Lap timer The Hulk General Discussion (Moto Related) 7 06-03-2014 03:45 PM
lap timer Ducsmine Taking it to the Track 2 04-15-2013 05:36 PM
GPS Lap Timer numpty Taking it to the Track 18 07-03-2012 03:29 PM
Lap Timer Candie Taking it to the Track 11 06-18-2008 07:38 AM
anyone need a lap timer? CarbonJames General Discussion (Moto Related) 21 04-06-2006 07:44 AM
Old 05-07-2009, 10:28 AM   #42
Feedback Rating: (9)

Experience: 10+ years

z50, ZX6R, Bianchi

Originally Posted by DEAN LADEN View Post
WHY THE NEED FOR A LAP TIMER? get to the point where you are comfortable on the bike and at the track and then worry about times. Right now just go enjoy the ride and focus all your attention on whats going on around you not the last lap you posted or what's your fastest. at this level you should improve throughout the day, worrying about a lap timer will surely make you crash. That's when you start pushing it and end up on your in the grass (hopefully) Just an in experienced guy's opinion. Feel free to flame me now
Dean, did you suggest him get a sun dial?
LSTD / South Central Race Center / Pirelli / Racepak Supersprox / Raceworx / One Second Faster / Leo Vince / Motorcycles Unlimited / Ebc brakes/ Motul / Pipercross / Jones Powersports / Kawasaki Team Green / LP/ GoPro / Texas Speed and Performance / GP tech / Powerstands
Gabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 12:38 PM   #43
CMRA/WERA #171 AMA#771
Feedback Rating: (2)

Experience: 3 years

GSXR 600 Race Bike

Member Garage

Originally Posted by Gabe View Post
Dean, did you suggest him get a sun dial?
you will know when your picking up speed. I just don't think he is to a point where he needs to worry about lap times yet. heck I dont think I am either. When I get to the point where I dont see, or feel any progression i will get a racepak like you. Oh wait I am working on getting one now. but only because of it's advantages off the bike and away from the track. I can study, lize or do whatever and then go practice it a turn or two at a time like racer997 advised him. Only i will know exactly what you Mr. gabe are doing and will attempt to duplicate it.

See how easy improving lap times would be then with out worrying about it lap to lap?

again i dont know ne thing just advising a buddy
THE DEAN OF LEAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 08:08 PM   #44
99 Chris
Feedback Rating: (2)

Experience: 10+ years

2007 Suzuki GSX-R1000
2006 Suzuki GSX-R1000

User is banned

99 Chris is offline   Reply With Quote