MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > Taking it to the Track
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 05-05-2009, 11:30 AM   #1
bdubb

Feedback Rating: (10)

Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
1961 Mustang Thoroughbred
'06 CBR1000RR (SOLD)

Member Garage

WTF? AMA Scratch from WSBK Event

Am I late on this or did they just pull the AMA event out of the WSBK weekend at Miller Motorsport Park?

I recall when I bought tickets it was supposed to be AMA/WSBK racing. Now it's just WSBK and some other "more local" racing. I feel like I got screwed after purchasing tickets as 1 event, and now that changed it up without giving notice.

bdubb is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
WSBK: AMA rivals can win in WSBK, says Spies Grinchy Taking it to the Track 9 04-03-2009 10:47 PM
AMA WTF? Timme' Taking it to the Track 31 04-03-2009 01:25 PM
WSBK/AMA Question tiatool General Discussion (Moto Related) 7 03-03-2009 04:27 PM
Miller Motorsports Park To Host WSBK Event In '08 nutmegchoi Taking it to the Track 15 03-05-2008 04:03 PM
Advertisement
Old 05-05-2009, 11:32 AM   #2
ileono918
On hiatus

Feedback Rating: (4)

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 1

Old news, there was a thread about it from Racer997. It seems they are trying to boicot AMA's stupidity.
ileono918 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 11:35 AM   #3
JDUB

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
2006 GSXR-600 SOLD
2006 GSXR-1000 TrackWhore SOLD
HD 93 FLFTS Custom SOLD
HD 09 FXDC (KIA) :(
HD 2015 FLHX-S

That just sucks.....bull !!!!!!!

I like my women like I like my tires...HOT and STICKY!
JDUB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 11:36 AM   #4
bdubb

Feedback Rating: (10)

Bike(s):
1961 Mustang Thoroughbred
'06 CBR1000RR (SOLD)

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irak View Post
Old news, there was a thread about it from Racer997. It seems they are trying to boicot AMA's stupidity.
Fair enough.

I haven't been active on here in a while so I missed that thread. I'll go take a look to see if I can find it.

Thanks
bdubb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 11:44 AM   #5
ileono918
On hiatus

Feedback Rating: (4)

Trackdays: 1

It was actually Jody who posted it:

http://www.motohouston.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=88127
ileono918 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 12:09 PM   #6
SCRC John
Why am I not a MH sponsor

Feedback Rating: (5)

Member Garage

Essentially AMA wanted more money from Miller, to "Bring their show". If memory serves me it came down to $65,000, was the difference that could not be made up. Neither side wanted to budge. So Miller took the money they were going to pay the AMA, and put it up for a purse weekend. There should be some good racing, because the money will bring the talent out. Expect to see some of the AMA riders, Robert Jensen, maybe Ty Howard, Eric Wood, all of those guys run around the country chasing contingency. I could live without seeing the AMA racing.
SCRC John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 07:13 AM   #7
996Pilot
Aerobatics Junkie

Feedback Rating: (0)

Bike(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCRC John View Post
Essentially AMA wanted more money from Miller, to "Bring their show". If memory serves me it came down to $65,000, was the difference that could not be made up. Neither side wanted to budge. So Miller took the money they were going to pay the AMA, and put it up for a purse weekend. There should be some good racing, because the money will bring the talent out. Expect to see some of the AMA riders, Robert Jensen, maybe Ty Howard, Eric Wood, all of those guys run around the country chasing contingency. I could live without seeing the AMA racing.

I agree. Specially the last statement. I feel bad for the riders though. They need the support and aren't at all responsible for the DMG F-up.
996Pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 07:43 AM   #8
Buck Beasley
Older,Wiser,Faster

Feedback Rating: (2)

'05 Suzuki SV 650,

'04 Vespa 150

Member Garage

Send a message via Yahoo to Buck Beasley
Sorry but AMA is more of a joke with every event. Mladin must still be using "special" motors or cranks to be that much faster than both Hayden and Blake young. Watched Road Atlanta last night and actually fell asleep before the half way point. I watched the "Daytona Superbikes" run the same track on last weeks show. At least last season we got to see all the races the same week they happened even if it was on Tuesday afternoons.
I feel for the riders, DMG has put the dough before the riders, and I really don't see them lasting more than maybe aonther season without HUGE changes next year. They are selling the series to the highest bidder, this year it's Buell. At what level should a 1125cc twin be considered equal with a 600cc sportbike? Factory bikes no problem, but for the privateers like Larry??!!?? Spec fuel(crappy spec fuel) and spec tires should have evened out the field more. Still don't see why you can run the buell 1125, but not the Duc 1098 with 27cc's less in theory. DMG = end of good American raod racing. And why the british accented comentary???? I miss Freddy.
CMRA expert #413
Get off the keyboard and on your bike for a change...
Buck Beasley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 08:45 AM   #9
Racer997
Racer, Rider, Shooter

Location: 500 yards away...and watching you in the crosshairs...
Feedback Rating: (6)

Bike(s):
BMW Boxer Cup
KTM 450 SMR
Some Yamaha TTR 125Ls
Lackierwarenfabrik Mg42
Valmet M76

I've bashed AMA/DMG since the onset, what with thier silly (or downright stupid) Roger Edmondson designed NASCRAP styled classes and unfair rules package, but secretly down deep inside I was hoping that at least a class or two would be fun to watch. Nope. The races are boring, the TV coverage is sub-par and contrived, and the results are the same. Even the behind-the-scenes drama isn't there. Friends that work with the AMA on race weekends tell me it "doesn't feel exciting", and participants I know tell me it feels like a club race, only with a lot more constraints.

No, thanks.
Old 05-06-2009, 11:50 AM   #10
civicious

Feedback Rating: (5)

Bike(s):
TZR250

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdubb View Post
Am I late on this or did they just pull the AMA event out of the WSBK weekend at Miller Motorsport Park?

I recall when I bought tickets it was supposed to be AMA/WSBK racing. Now it's just WSBK and some other "more local" racing. I feel like I got screwed after purchasing tickets as 1 event, and now that changed it up without giving notice.

If they're doing 'local racing' at Miller, keep an eye out for #793 Shannon Pitre. I went to college with him, he races in a couplea different classes there at Miller. He's a fast (or at least he was last year at miller)
10541 FM 1960 W #300 - (281) 477-3038
http://www.idbracing.com
civicious is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement