MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > Off Topic (everything else) > Off Topic
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 02-25-2006, 10:10 AM   #41
ScooterTrash
ConroePowderCoating.com

Feedback Rating: (3)

Bike(s):
lots of em

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJO
iagree

[QUOTE=Mr.D;2764337]
I respect scootertrash because well... He's like the Jesus of building and fixing .
[/QUOTE]
ScooterTrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
NMS...not muslim safe FastLine Off Topic 9 02-23-2006 11:15 PM
Advertisement
Old 02-25-2006, 11:50 AM   #42
koskesh
May i go to the Bathroom?

Feedback Rating: (0)

Bike(s):
06 gsxr750

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3D02
If wearing its mandatory that's the first I've heard of it. Sikh's eminate from India, not the middle east. Many of you have seen kids (boys) in this area with their hair worn with a big knot tied in. Those are Sikh kids. Their Dad's wear the turban to keep their long hair in check. Not all Sikh's wear their hair long.
What many in the Middle East wear is a kaffiyeh or ghutra. The ring that holds it on is a egal.
If/when I go over to Arabia for business, I'm thinking about going native so I don't stand out like a big white target:icon_smil
First of all India is considered part of the middle east so dont try and seperate yourself to win brownie points with da man And second, I know its mandatory guy cause growing up in sugarland i had the opportunity to associate with a bunch of Singhs, young to old and all wore their turbans. But most of the ones that did when we were young no longer choose to do so. I guess its the rebel inside of them
koskesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2006, 12:37 PM   #43
ScooterTrash
ConroePowderCoating.com

Bike(s):
lots of em

Quote:
Originally Posted by koskesh
First of all India is considered part of the middle east so dont try and seperate yourself to win brownie points with da man And second, I know its mandatory guy cause growing up in sugarland i had the opportunity to associate with a bunch of Singhs, young to old and all wore their turbans. But most of the ones that did when we were young no longer choose to do so. I guess its the rebel inside of them
I likes the "mooning" smiley

[QUOTE=Mr.D;2764337]
I respect scootertrash because well... He's like the Jesus of building and fixing .
[/QUOTE]
ScooterTrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2006, 01:45 PM   #44
Rick H.I.C.
Got Surf? Snow? Track?

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
03' 600RR, 05' CR125, 88'NSR 250

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScooterTrash
iagree
Two Thumbs Up! I can see both sides, you stay off my side I won't bring it to yours and finish it.
Old 02-25-2006, 02:39 PM   #45
speedismo
OCD for speed

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3D02
If wearing its mandatory that's the first I've heard of it. Sikh's eminate from India, not the middle east. Many of you have seen kids (boys) in this area with their hair worn with a big knot tied in. Those are Sikh kids. Their Dad's wear the turban to keep their long hair in check. Not all Sikh's wear their hair long.
thats right. Sikhs r from northern India, from a state called Punjab, it is an entirely different religion (fifth largest religion in the world, if i m right) but ppl look similar to muslims bcos of beards and turban.few Sikhs got killed after 9/11 becuase they were mistaken for muslims(because of physical resemblance).

but turbans, or long hair r only as mandatory as it is for a Christian to go to church on sundays. ask me how i know. bcos I am a Sikh myself. and as some ppl here know, i wear no long hair or turban. ( good thing, how the fck wld i wear helmet otherwise:icon_bigg )

but once again, religion,as is today, sucks. and it applies to all religions, sikhism included. if only ppl cld do their thing without all the related mess!

Travelomy:Simplify your travel.
speedismo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2006, 02:49 PM   #46
speedismo
OCD for speed

Quote:
Originally Posted by koskesh
listen dude, i dont give a fcking to winning brownie points with ANYONE.. but just to put facts straight, India, even Pakistan, is knows as south-east, not middle east.
secondly, this is the wrong forum to take this up, but lets say, its mandatory for Sikhs to wear turban et all, ONLY if u take a kind of oath, say. for MAJORITY who dont choose to take oath, it is NOT MANDATORY. lets put the matter to rest here and get back to motorcycles. PM me if you want more details and I can give u or ur yuppie Singh friends some links, more info etc.

Travelomy:Simplify your travel.
speedismo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2006, 03:12 PM   #47
koskesh
May i go to the Bathroom?

Bike(s):
06 gsxr750

btw..i dont know any yuppies guy. Were not from that part of sugarland
koskesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2006, 09:08 PM   #48
Patrick
Motorcycles Unlimited

Feedback Rating: (2)

Bike(s):
'14 Speed Triple R, '82 CB900F, '13 Streetglide

Whoa, hold on fellas, I'm not trying ot generalize / stereotype. If anyone took it that way they are took it incorerectly.
What I will say though, is that at the current time there is a growing rift worldwide between some people of the muslim faith and non-muslims.
Everything from the riots in Europe, India and Pakistan to the current situations in Iran, Iraq and Afganistan.
I bear no ill will towards anyone of ANY religious belief. However, I am aware of the fact that because I am not of a certain belief that I am NOT accorded that same consideration.

Patrick

NEED GEAR? We have a great selection in stock but if we need to order it we GUARANTEE FIT!
Where Houston riders go to have their bikes worked on, done right the first time!

muad

1964 FM 1960 West
Houston, TX 77090
Hours: Tues.-Fri. 9:30-6:00 Sat. 9-5:30
www.motorcycles-unlimited.com
http://www.facebook.com/motorcyclesunlimited
e-mail: patrick@motorcycles-unlimited.com

Last edited by Patrick; 02-26-2006 at 09:39 AM.
Patrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2006, 09:45 PM   #49
AliceInChains02

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):
nada

well when the title of the thread is NMS ( Not Muslim Safe) you might be giving some people the wrong idea...
AliceInChains02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2006, 09:56 PM   #50
Patrick
Motorcycles Unlimited

Feedback Rating: (2)

Bike(s):
'14 Speed Triple R, '82 CB900F, '13 Streetglide

Quote:
Originally Posted by AliceInChains02
well when the title of the thread is NMS ( Not Muslim Safe) you might be giving some people the wrong idea...
Especially when some people are already predisposed to want to have the "wrong idea".:BangHead:

O.K, maybe it wasn't worded in the most PC manner, as I was piggybacking off of Godsuki's post, but get real, if you are a reasonable person and you read the post, you know if it applies to you or not.

Patrick

NEED GEAR? We have a great selection in stock but if we need to order it we GUARANTEE FIT!
Where Houston riders go to have their bikes worked on, done right the first time!

muad

1964 FM 1960 West
Houston, TX 77090
Hours: Tues.-Fri. 9:30-6:00 Sat. 9-5:30
www.motorcycles-unlimited.com
http://www.facebook.com/motorcyclesunlimited
e-mail: patrick@motorcycles-unlimited.com
Patrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2006, 09:41 PM   #51
3D02

Quote:
O.K, maybe it wasn't worded in the most PC manner, as I was piggybacking off of Godsuki's post, but get real, if you are a reasonable person and you read the post, you know if it applies to you or not.

Yep most people are reasonable. Some are not which makes this site so much fun:icon_smil
3D02 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement