Welcome back to us :/ Our hosts datacenter was down for the entire day.
MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 05-04-2009, 03:03 PM   #21
tomLSTD
LSTD Mob Cappo

Feedback Rating: (2)

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 1

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by level5 View Post
True but I am too lazy to fix mine up. I just get another set, prep, and paint.
Yeah, Jeff and Wade decided to go that route this year too. Can't say that I blame anyone for doing that at all. For me though, the money is better spent up front. I like my bodywork to fit right and I don't mind repairing/ repainting after a crash. Heck, I'd bet the Sharkskinz bodywork on our endurance bike is almost 10 years old with 10 years of racing/ crashing on it. It still looks great!

Over the past 10 or so years I've repaired/ repainted a ton of different brands from the shittty stuff to the ultra-high end stuff and the Attack/ Skinz/ similar brands that are considered "high end" have always been in much, much better shape to repair BY FAR.

The cheap stuff sometimes comes out of the box broken.
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Where do you get your race fairings painted? Senna223 Taking it to the Track 5 09-01-2011 07:23 AM
modify race fairings??? greaselightnin Performance and Modifications 3 08-02-2010 12:47 PM
Race fairings Grimace Taking it to the Track 29 07-09-2009 06:27 AM
Race fairings?? 06gsxr1000pg Taking it to the Track 32 06-14-2008 12:07 PM
Hardware for Race Fairings Jerran V Taking it to the Track 16 05-07-2008 02:41 PM
Advertisement
Old 05-04-2009, 03:25 PM   #22
level5
moving chicane

Feedback Rating: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomLSTD View Post
Yeah, Jeff and Wade decided to go that route this year too. Can't say that I blame anyone for doing that at all. For me though, the money is better spent up front. I like my bodywork to fit right and I don't mind repairing/ repainting after a crash. Heck, I'd bet the Sharkskinz bodywork on our endurance bike is almost 10 years old with 10 years of racing/ crashing on it. It still looks great!

Over the past 10 or so years I've repaired/ repainted a ton of different brands from the shittty stuff to the ultra-high end stuff and the Attack/ Skinz/ similar brands that are considered "high end" have always been in much, much better shape to repair BY FAR.

The cheap stuff sometimes comes out of the box broken.
It takes a couple of cheap ones for me to realized that.
level5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 03:30 PM   #23
kingralphthe3rd
larry's fan club manager

Feedback Rating: (2)

Experience: 2 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
07 GSXR 1K (SOLD!!) 08 GSXR 750 & 07 DIZZER 400, 09 GSXR 600

Member Garage

i got some cheap body work and it fit so so but it crashed great......andy....... lol
Old 05-06-2009, 09:37 AM   #24
0oAndyo0
Trying togo fast again!

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 4-8 months
Trackdays: 7

Bike(s):
2009 R6 Race bike forsale!
2006 GSXR Race bike SOLD!!!
2007 GSXR 750 SOLD!!!
2001 GSXR 600 SOLD!!!
2007 R1 SOLD!!!