MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > Taking it to the Track
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 05-12-2009, 02:08 PM   #21
GAU-8
official thread ender.

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 1

maybe i didnt understand the full situation of the thread.. (or the stucturing of this "all honda motor" deal

i havent kept up with any racing blah blah blah mind you, so i only know what i got from the thread. i may be mistaken though..

someone else stated "so yamaha, kawasaiki teams will be on a honda powered engine?..but still a yamaha??" (more or less, dont quote me)

i was just poking at my friend that has his HYO, but has some stickers of the BUSA kanji on it. (and says " hyabusa" ) i thought it was retarded, but it made me think about this thread (again i may have missed something, since i dont keep up with racing anymore) but it made me think about those who were pasting stickers for another bike, onto theirs.

i ws just having fun, at what i read compared, to my friends HYO-BUSA :P
GAU-8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Moto2 class to open in 2010 with single engine supplier Mr Richards Taking it to the Track 11 04-12-2009 12:02 PM
Advertisement
Old 05-12-2009, 02:11 PM   #22
GAU-8
official thread ender.

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irak View Post
So let me get this straight for moto2 all teams will be running Honda Engines? So even if it is the Team Yamaha, Aprilia, etc. must have a Honda engine?

What a bunch of BS!!!

ah, this is what i was refering to.. teh quote
GAU-8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 02:20 PM   #23
OJgsxr

Experience: 2 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2002 GSXR 750
2008 GSXR 600

Send a message via AIM to OJgsxr
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris24 View Post
i hear what your saying, but imo itll make it more interesting. racing about skill and riders and not just who can more hp out of the turn.

imagine if baseball teams were all owned my bat manufacturers and each team only used their own bats, and louisville bats hit further then everyone elses...great...they made a great bat, but id rather see players play baseball instead of factories playing.

plus, imagine all the money the factories are going to stop dumping mindlessly into gp. if you buy a ss bike off the showroom, for 10k i wonder how much of that dough goes into some prototype piston ring, or a one off clutch plate. it might even make motorbike prices come down, and im all for that.
Only problem with this is that no competition means limited new innovation. The races is where the manufacturers come out with new cool stuff to put on production bikes later. This may lag by a few years but the pros stuff eventually makes its way down to your bike.
OJgsxr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 08:18 PM   #24
n2racing

aprilla and recently KTM had made 250 a 1 bike class. both honda and yamaha had long ago stopped doing serious 2 stroke development as the was no production future for the technology, same in motocross. It is not as if yamaha and honda could not build competitive 2 strokes, of course they could. they choose to build 4 stroke race bikes. Aprilla has been 250 champs numerous times as they wanted to develop a bike in a class that was known to be going away for sometime,it was there choice. the new rsv4 is making a fair showing in wsbk and that is where they will put the bulk of the budget $ if yhey don,t the competors will out $ them, that has always been the name of the game. and moto2 it will be the same with chassis builders and rider contracts he with the most$ wins.
n2racing is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement