MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > Information > Introduction Forum
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 05-02-2009, 06:58 PM   #1
Ricky464
Killer Bee Racing

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2006 Kawasaki ZX-6 track/race
2005 Suzuki GSXR 1000 street
2008 Suzuki DRZ400 Supermoto
2007-08 Kawasaki KXF450 Monster Energy Team bike
Yamaha stand-up race jet ski stage 3 race 740cc.

Post Motorcycle Family

I just want to say hello to all new and old Motohouston members. Also congrats on the good job everyone is doing out there to promote all the facets of motorcycle riding. I'm aware that we all ride in our unique ways trying to replicate what is said to be that perfect style. Textbook. Participate with all the different schools and trackday hosts on various tracks so that you can find that comfort zone that fits your style and skill best. Remember that knowledge will increase your mental riding capacity. You're moving at fast speeds on the track and need to learn all the basic principles that will help you flow and find that groove that each track has to offer. Once you find that comfort zone you will find those fast lines around the track. It will become second nature to you. Maintain the condition of your bike, engine, tires, suspension, and the safety gear you wear needs to be snug but comfortable that way you're not distracted by anything. Once on the track, focus and find the smooth consistant line and apex around each turn. Ask anybody working with school or track hosts for assistance if you're having trouble on areas of the track. Their job is to keep you safe, educate, and help you become a more skilled and confident rider. This forum has many great and experienced members so don't hesitate to ask that question that may help you overcome any troubling issues. We are all a family at the track and on the street. I respect everyone I encounter, especially when being passed or doing the passing. On the street we put an arm out at one another to acknowledge each other. You don't see people in cars be that considerate to each other, that's why we're unique and part of this "family" of motorcyclists. I'm glad to be a part of it! I'm Ricky464 of "Killer Bee Racing" (Ricky Bobby) and I'm here for any family member who has a question or needs help with something, message me.
Ricky464 is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Motorcycle lane splitting in Los Angeles, 405 freeway rush hour motorcycle commute floyd600 General Discussion (Moto Related) 68 09-22-2010 02:26 AM
Advertisement
Old 05-02-2009, 07:04 PM   #2
maxgs

Member Garage

Hey RickyBobby, tell us a bit more. How long have you been riding sports bikes? And, how long have you been racing and in what series and classes? Any interesting finishes (podiums or championships)?
Old 05-02-2009, 07:43 PM   #3
Ricky464
Killer Bee Racing

Bike(s):

Smile My pitiful puff story!LOL

Well, first of all this isn't my fairytale. I'm 37yrs old. I've been on dirtbikes since I was 4 and owned over 20 streetbikes since I was 15 yrs. It's in my blood! In 1999 I was nearly killed in a motorcycle accident by a van that ran through an intersection. I stayed in hospital nearly a month. When I emerged I had this feeling of loss and decided from then on to live every day I'm here to it's fullest, or to what my pocketbook could afford. So here I am, I own a successful custom camouflage painting company which pays for my fun. Last March of 2008 was my first trackday. Then earned race license by July 5th. Podium finish? Well, let me explain. I wasn't 1st but surely not last place. I was the 20 whatever place racer at event that took my last lap as my parade lap, waving and giving thumbs up to all cornerworkers, spectators, event staff and competitors. I love everything this sport and hobby has to offer to me. In my heart I finish 1st place every time! I am a sportsman, eager to get that little taste of adrenaline that fills my thirst. Next time you compete or trackday try to put yourself in that mindframe an doors that were closed to you will begin to open. Thanks for asking that question about my accomplishments.Ricky464(Ricky Bobby)
Old 05-02-2009, 08:12 PM   #4
burnboy
upliftmofopartyplan

Experience: 5 years

Bike(s):
2011 kawi z 1000

lol. i'm sure max means no disrespect. every so ften some post pops up and for every right reason gets called on. yours was waiting for the call. welcome to mh. you'll fit right in.
Old 05-02-2009, 08:20 PM   #5
maxgs

Member Garage

We are going to have to rename you. Ricky Bobby says "if you're not first, yer last"... ha ha ha ha. How about we dub thee BobbyJesus, for all that love you are spreading.

There are no issues with open doors around here. It's a good group of very knowledgeable people. Many with years and years of motorcycle and car racing experience to learn from. I've had a ton of help from many of them over the past year or so. It's great to have the folks that are at the front of the pack at track days and races so willing to lend a help to help the rest of us understand the skills, technology, and wisdom required to be fast and be safe. Some of the newer guys like Alonso, Irish, Fabien, Dustin and Whoopie are now the guys to beat and they are pretty darned new to the sport. Heck, Cdill has been doing this for only about a year and he podiumed on his first race day! What a great group.

-Curt
Old 05-02-2009, 08:29 PM   #6
ThomasNinja650
SSG Coleman

Feedback Rating: (2)

Bike(s):
2007 Kawasaki Ninja 650-R

Welcome to MotoHouston. Nice intro to the boards. Check out our Events section for any upcoming rides and meets. Don't worry about Maxgs(Curt), he's only like 5'5" from which he suffers from Little Man Syndrome.
Old 05-02-2009, 08:33 PM   #7
maxgs

Member Garage

Ha ha ha ha. Just don't mention how much I like to bbq and eat little people. That will be a surprise.
Old 05-02-2009, 08:42 PM   #8
Amanda
Bulletproof

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 2 years

Bike(s):
Scar (07-600rr)
Juggernaut (R6)- ditched
Glee (7fiddy)

Run Ricky Run, Run Away!
Old 05-02-2009, 08:51 PM   #9
Candie

Experience: 9 years

Bike(s):
2013 Ninja 300
07 CBR 600RR (sold)
09 Ninja 250 (sold)
04 CBR 600RR (sold)
04 GSXR 600 (sold)

Hiya and welcome!
Old 05-02-2009, 08:57 PM   #10
XRCajun
Cool Senior Member

Trackdays: 5

Bike(s):
2001 Honda XR650R Track Motard (sold), 2006 Honda 919, 2007 Honda CBR600RR(sold)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricky464 View Post
Well, first of all this isn't my fairytale. I'm 37yrs old. I've been on dirtbikes since I was 4 and owned over 20 streetbikes since I was 15 yrs. It's in my blood! In 1999 I was nearly killed in a motorcycle accident by a van that ran through an intersection. I stayed in hospital nearly a month. When I emerged I had this feeling of loss and decided from then on to live every day I'm here to it's fullest, or to what my pocketbook could afford. So here I am, I own a successful custom camouflage painting company which pays for my fun. Last March of 2008 was my first trackday. Then earned race license by July 5th. Podium finish? Well, let me explain. I wasn't 1st but surely not last place. I was the 20 whatever place racer at event that took my last lap as my parade lap, waving and giving thumbs up to all cornerworkers, spectators, event staff and competitors. I love everything this sport and hobby has to offer to me. In my heart I finish 1st place every time! I am a sportsman, eager to get that little taste of adrenaline that fills my thirst. Next time you compete or trackday try to put yourself in that mindframe an doors that were closed to you will begin to open. Thanks for asking that question about my accomplishments.Ricky464(Ricky Bobby)
Hey I thought I knew you! You came out to GSS last year with your brand new Motard, and had just qualified for your first race. Man you had one nice rig set up. You and I were like the first ones at the gate that morning I think you had just spent the night there. I'm from Eunice.

I've wondered what ever happen to you. I hope you've been doing okay?

Jim
Old 05-02-2009, 09:10 PM   #11
Ricky464
Killer Bee Racing

Bike(s):

Angry response

I'm not a young fearless rider! If I crash and burn it would cost me my hobby, my career and could affect my emotional status as a motorcycle evangelist.LOL Take me as I am or leave me. I'm not living on fantasy island believing I'm all that on the track, just a fellow rider trying to send out a positive vibe. Read it and weep! Some people are so hooked on themselves they should staple themselves to their bike and become part of it. I like riding and racing at all levels and encourage the positives of it. Good, bad, however it sounds I'm 100% dead on. You can ride the train or bail off anywhere along the track at full motion, whatever works for you. I still have my ideals and I won't let anything distract my cause. Thanks for listening,. Ricky464
Old 05-02-2009, 09:18 PM   #12
jgixer

Feedback Rating: (4)

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 1

99 zx9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricky464 View Post
I'm not a young fearless rider! If I crash and burn it would cost me my hobby, my career and could affect my emotional status as a motorcycle evangelist.LOL Take me as I am or leave me. I'm not living on fantasy island believing I'm all that on the track, just a fellow rider trying to send out a positive vibe. Read it and weep! Some people are so hooked on themselves they should staple themselves to their bike and become part of it. I like riding and racing at all levels and encourage the positives of it. Good, bad, however it sounds I'm 100% dead on. You can ride the train or bail off anywhere along the track at full motion, whatever works for you. I still have my ideals and I won't let anything distract my cause. Thanks for listening,. Ricky464
great post, ill have to save that one
jgixer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2009, 10:48 PM   #13
gsxr005
Rocky

Experience: 6 years
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
2004 Yamaha YZF450 Dirtbike

Send a message via AIM to gsxr005 Send a message via Yahoo to gsxr005
Wassup and welcome

I ride because I want too, I ride because I need too, enough talk lets ride! Till our seats catches on fire! The faster the better! Ride it to your Limits. "I live my life quarter mile at a time and in those 10sec I'm free and nothing else matter" No BS, No hassle, No worries just me and my bike.
gsxr005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2009, 12:35 AM   #14
level5
moving chicane

Welcome to the forum. You have created this acct since 08, why the delay of introduction?
level5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2009, 12:45 AM   #15
Amanda
Bulletproof

Experience: 2 years

Bike(s):
Scar (07-600rr)
Juggernaut (R6)- ditched
Glee (7fiddy)

Quote:
Originally Posted by level5 View Post
Welcome to the forum. You have created this acct since 08, why the delay of introduction?
existing life outside of a motorcycle forum?
Old 05-03-2009, 01:01 AM   #16
ANTISOCIAL

Bike(s):
05 cbr 600 rr

Send a message via AIM to ANTISOCIAL
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amanda View Post
existing life outside of a motorcycle forum?

ANTISOCIAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2009, 01:36 AM   #17
CaligoneTx
Forest Gnome Tour Guide

Bike(s):
Triumph 675r
Ducati 748
Hyosungs (250r + 650r)
Honda 900rr
Suzuki Busa1300r (+2 bikes)

Send a message via AIM to CaligoneTx Send a message via Yahoo to CaligoneTx
Welcome, officially to our Family.
Old 05-03-2009, 04:23 PM   #18
Ricky464
Killer Bee Racing

Bike(s):

Smile Where I've been!

When I first joined MH I wasn't too familier with the whole forum thing. In August 2008 I fell 14ft from roof of a building injuring back and shoulder. I was so depressed having to put racing on hold, but now I'm back in the saddle and going stronger than ever. I'll definitely be one of the members giving some feedback on forum. Sorry for my absence.Ricky464 "Killer Bee Racing"
Old 05-04-2009, 12:34 AM   #19
ducoop

Experience: 1 year

Bike(s):
2003 Z1000 (Sold)

ducoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 05:47 AM   #20
C.Hern5972
Street Ninja Four Father

Feedback Rating: (5)