MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > Technical > How To's and Q & A's
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 02-23-2006, 02:47 PM   #1
Javi
Siempre positivo..

Feedback Rating: (0)

i sealed my forks and!

i put new fluid and resealed my forks im pretty sure i did them right but now they feel soft when i hit some thing they compress to fast ! do i have to adjust the pressure or turn a bolt or something to make them stiff up a little just cause i did them over ? i made sure there was no air before i closed them and i dont want to start turnig bolts ! any help will be cool! i also put the right amount and fluid type! thanks!
Javi is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Can you take a sealed motorcycle battery on an airplane? hotnanas General Discussion (Moto Related) 14 06-19-2009 11:06 AM
forks Duck84 How To's and Q & A's 6 01-15-2008 06:45 PM
Forks TxBritt08R1 General Discussion (Moto Related) 4 08-13-2007 12:38 PM
Advertisement
Old 02-23-2006, 09:11 PM   #2
hotcknstrips
Bevo's royal guard.

Feedback Rating: (8)

Experience: 7 years
Trackdays: 7

Bike(s):
09 Buell 1125CR

Maybe you forgot something inside and it's not damping at all?

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY Weird Lady
Mucus Membrane!
hotcknstrips is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2006, 09:51 PM   #3
Patrick
Motorcycles Unlimited

Feedback Rating: (2)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
'14 Speed Triple R, '82 CB900F, '13 Streetglide

What kind of bike?
How much fluid did you put in it?

Patrick

NEED GEAR? We have a great selection in stock but if we need to order it we GUARANTEE FIT!
Where Houston riders go to have their bikes worked on, done right the first time!

muad

1964 FM 1960 West
Houston, TX 77090
Hours: Tues.-Fri. 9:30-6:00 Sat. 9-5:30
www.motorcycles-unlimited.com
http://www.facebook.com/motorcyclesunlimited
e-mail: patrick@motorcycles-unlimited.com
Patrick is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2006, 11:10 AM   #4
Javi
Siempre positivo..

Cool

its 03gsxr750 and i put the amount and tipe that the shop book said ! 450cc or something like that and 10weight im sure i put the seals right no leaks and looked fine just very soft ! is it normal to play with the top screws when they are resealed ? i could have paid 110$ at the dealer but im so into finding out how everything on my bike works ! im not mister fix it but i sure do like fixing my bike ! i think but not sure i have to turn the soft and hard screws on top of my fork ! but i wanted to get some info before i break something! thanks 4 any help :icon_smil

Last edited by Javi; 02-24-2006 at 11:13 AM.
Old 02-24-2006, 11:43 AM   #5
Moody
Holy Smokes!

Feedback Rating: (4)

Bike(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Javi
its 03gsxr750 and i put the amount and tipe that the shop book said ! 450cc or something like that and 10weight im sure i put the seals right no leaks and looked fine just very soft ! is it normal to play with the top screws when they are resealed ? i could have paid 110$ at the dealer but im so into finding out how everything on my bike works ! im not mister fix it but i sure do like fixing my bike ! i think but not sure i have to turn the soft and hard screws on top of my fork ! but i wanted to get some info before i break something! thanks 4 any help :icon_smil
Take it by Motorcycles-Unlimited and have Patrick adjust it. I had to do the same thing when I replaced my clutch on my old R6. Patrick was real cool about it.

Open your eyes and reclaim the freedom you were born with. - Moody
Moody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2006, 02:04 PM   #6
Patrick
Motorcycles Unlimited

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
'14 Speed Triple R, '82 CB900F, '13 Streetglide

Typically on that bike it won't be a qty. of fluid but an actual measurement of the fluid height with the fork compressed and with the spring out, after being bled.
The measurement should be 110mm.
Also when you put the caps back on how did you determine your rebound rod length?

Patrick

NEED GEAR? We have a great selection in stock but if we need to order it we GUARANTEE FIT!
Where Houston riders go to have their bikes worked on, done right the first time!

muad

1964 FM 1960 West
Houston, TX 77090
Hours: Tues.-Fri. 9:30-6:00 Sat. 9-5:30
www.motorcycles-unlimited.com
http://www.facebook.com/motorcyclesunlimited
e-mail: patrick@motorcycles-unlimited.com
Patrick is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2006, 05:51 PM   #7
Javi
Siempre positivo..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick
Typically on that bike it won't be a qty. of fluid but an actual measurement of the fluid height with the fork compressed and with the spring out, after being bled.
Also when you put the caps back on how did you determine your rebound rod length?

Patrick
man ur my boy 4 helping but u know u lost me at fluid height :BangHead: maybe its bout time to go to the shop! i think so! what do u think would be the next step i hope they dont have to do them over ! i just filled them up with the cc that the shop book said then compressed and turned the bottom screw ! it sounds like i really f them up ill take the bike up there to get looked at ! it sucks i came down from a long stand up and it kinda slapped ! just talked to u patrick guess the forks will be up there 2morrow! does anyone think this is funny? i do!! :icon_smil at least i didnt start turning screws and breaking t ! lol from a ? to the shop all in one page lol

Last edited by Javi; 02-24-2006 at 10:24 PM.
Old 02-24-2006, 06:36 PM   #8
linjy2

Bike(s):
02 SV650S
08 WR250X
08 CBR600RR

Send a message via AIM to linjy2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick

Patrick
thats how i did my forks. I think he meant dont measure 450cc and dump it in your fork, because that is not accurate. instead pour to a fill line of say 110mm and if it extends past that suck some out, if not quite there, add more fluid.
linjy2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement