MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > Taking it to the Track
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Closed Thread
Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 05-02-2009, 06:20 PM   #41
tomLSTD
LSTD Mob Cappo

Feedback Rating: (2)

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 1

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buck Beasley View Post
Nothing personal about it at all Tom, your just full of and spout it endlessly. As for hard feelings between CMRA and MSRH, it's political from way back, mostly between LSTD and MSRH. Now that you have LSTD owners on the BoD of the CMRA, there will be no CMRA in Houston despite the wants of the members.
Clearly you aren't taking anything personally. Too bad you carry this around like this, it must be miserable.

I take it all back. The Angleton track is a wonderfully grippy track, especially when wet.

There, happy now?
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
sat 3/13- sun 3/14 Jogo Events, Meets and Rides 8 03-14-2010 03:28 PM
oak hill sat or sun? The Tractor Mini's, Motards & Flattrack Racing 6 02-03-2009 03:58 PM
RideSmart Corner Work Spaces Available - July 19 (Sat) & 20 (Sun) @ ECR, Slidell, TX Ridesmart Ridesmart Motorcycle School 7 06-29-2008 10:57 PM
little road trip this sat/sun camaroz2866 Events, Meets and Rides 0 03-12-2008 10:26 PM
Anyone riding Sat/Sun....?? aboo007 Events, Meets and Rides 182 01-10-2008 09:34 AM
Advertisement
Old 05-02-2009, 06:50 PM   #42
Solracer
MotoHouston.com Owner.

Feedback Rating: (9)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2006 YZF600R (Street)
2009 Iron 883

Member Garage

way off topic....... back on topic please.
Old 05-02-2009, 07:15 PM   #43
rc51eviltwin

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 1

new asphalt + water ='s slip and slide.
CMRA #131 Novice
"Ramrod Racing" #13

IMG 29388 1
Old 05-02-2009, 10:02 PM   #44
gixxerbill

Feedback Rating: (0)

Bike(s):
K5 GSXR 1000
2008 Goldwing 1832 cc
Bourget Low Blow Chopper

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomLSTD View Post
This coming from someone that only rides the track 3 months out of the year

90* is too hot for GB!
It is and it is going to feel like 98 but I signed up anyway. I am going to sweat my off. Nothing like wearing a cow in the middle of the summer. See ya Saturday.
Old 05-03-2009, 08:11 AM   #45
Timme'
Tim-Maaaay!

Bike(s):
08 Triumph Daytona 675

Quote:
Originally Posted by rc51eviltwin View Post
well FWIW,i have about a dozen days on this track and i have yet to have any traction "problems" there.never have been there undr 80* though.
the small straight between 4 and 5 does collect ALL the debry form the creek that runs through it when it rains.
i think the problem is that the track has some tricky corners that are blind and off camber(muchhh fun) and if your body position is off or your markers are off,you WILL pay.
i had my very first off road excursion on T3 and Tom is right,run off is a big concern there.
if any thing i will try to make it Sunday with LSTD.
+1

I have been there only once but I didn't see anything wrong with traction at all. My abilities, well that was another story altogether! Seriously, the track is just like any others I have been on... the track "comes in" after the 1st / 2nd session... I don't see that being any different that 90% of the tracks we ride on.

I think some folks have been to ECR in the rain or just after the rain and had some different experiences, which I have no input on. I can tell you that minus OHR, which has some decent traction in the rain (personal experience) they are all slippery as after the rain or wet. You got to have some monster nuts, and the right tyres, to even run hard in the rain so my hats off to you!

ECR dry and warm has no problem with traction, that being said with my ubber amounts of track time there
Old 05-03-2009, 09:09 AM   #46
MacMan
S. McNamara LSTD Mob Boss

Bike(s):
2006 KTM950SM, 1996 Harley-Davidson FXDL

Buck,

Just for your info the CMRA voted on their schedule for 2009 in October of 2008. I was not on the BOD until December. The track needs to get in line with price, insurance demands and being a little more accomodating to the club.
The political thing with LSTD died years ago when the track tried to do their own motorcycle track day events with Haner and Sanchez and failed miserably. I'm glad TTD and Ride Smart are going down there and giving the locals an opportunity to ride the track.
After our LSTD event there last July Al and Leslie were very nice and I even brought my family out there to play/ride go carts. The majority of CMRA members that responded to the survey the club sent out did not want to race there. I dont race any more Buck, I am a track day promotor.
I asked for some dates, an insurance question, and never really was followed up with. Between TTD, Ride Smart, and if Longhorn ever does any more events the track in my opinion is over saturated with track days for another organization to go down there. Get over the old wounds you keep bringing up. If they want the CMRA to race there they should ask them. Make a proposal, sell your facility, market, do something besides having you rant on their behalf about old .
Old 05-03-2009, 10:27 AM   #47
Timme'
Tim-Maaaay!

Bike(s):
08 Triumph Daytona 675

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racer997 View Post
Uh-oh. Here we go.
I was just asking if anyone was going to go to ECR in spite of the rain

I didn't mean to start world war III
Old 05-03-2009, 03:41 PM   #48
vmaxgirl
LSTD Mafia Princess

Bike(s):
1994 Vmax 1200
Honda 50 (Fuglee)
2012 ZX10r

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timme' View Post
I was just asking if anyone was going to go to ECR in spite of the rain

I didn't mean to start world war III
You didn't. No worries.
Old 05-03-2009, 04:04 PM   #49
Buck Beasley
Older,Wiser,Faster

Feedback Rating: (2)

'05 Suzuki SV 650,

'04 Vespa 150

Member Garage

Send a message via Yahoo to Buck Beasley
Dosen't matter to me if CMRA races MSRH or not. My only issue is STD Tom spouting untruths about my home track. Not my track to promote or sell, if anything it would be one less weekend I could enjoy an empty track with friends. Period.

Thought this tread was supposed to get back on topic which was the grip at ECR...............................
CMRA expert #413
Get off the keyboard and on your bike for a change...
Closed Thread

Advertisement