Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back > Technical > How To's and Q & A's
Forgot info?

Welcome to! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 04-30-2009, 09:30 AM   #1
Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 2 years
Trackdays: 10+

2002 GSXR 750
2008 GSXR 600

Send a message via AIM to OJgsxr
Leather Jacket/Pants Repair

I have an Alpinestars 2 piece suit that I have been wearing for over 2 years that I crashed in at TWS (Texas World Speedway) a few weeks ago, (low sided) and broke my collar bone. I was going to buy a new suit but upon further inspection of the damage to the suit it doesn't look all that bad.

The jacket has a 2'' tare on top of the left shoulder at the seam as well as a small tear (less than 1'') at the seam on the right side, there are some small tears where the elastic meets the leather under the arms and 1 small one near the right hand. The back there are a few places where the leather is rubbed thin down but its where my back protector is placed anyway. The pants appear to be in fine shape aside from a small tear where the elastic meets the leather on the right calf.

I have 2 questions, should I repair the suit or just buy a new one, and if so where is there a good shop in town that repairs suits?
OJgsxr is offline   Reply With Quote