Welcome back to us :/ Our hosts data center was down for the entire day.
MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 04-30-2009, 12:17 AM   #41
AaronP220
Sir Ballmanship

Feedback Rating: (5)

Experience: 5 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2011 Fleshlight

Quote:
Originally Posted by burnboy View Post
but 12,000 is where it's at
Yup. I can run to about 13,000 and the fuel shuts off at 13,500. From 8,000 up the intake growl just sounds amazing
AaronP220 is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Why do you like your naked bike? ModernDiesel General Discussion (Moto Related) 51 11-17-2012 04:38 PM
Naked Ride... novajess1972 Events, Meets and Rides 171 08-14-2012 02:13 PM
Going naked NightBaron How To's and Q & A's 4 12-22-2009 02:12 PM
For those of you who like it naked.. Swift E General Discussion (Moto Related) 20 03-31-2006 07:43 PM
Advertisement
Old 04-30-2009, 12:18 AM   #42
dudewhrsmybike

Feedback Rating: (3)

Experience: 8 years

Bike(s):
2011 Kawasaki ZX-10R ABS

Member Garage

Send a message via AIM to dudewhrsmybike
Quote:
Originally Posted by AaronP220 View Post
The Tech-Specs were probably the BEST thing I've done to the bike. My body stability is 10X better because my knee's were always sliding up the tank in corners.

Orange? If I went and bought an Orange bike today it would be a ZX-10R. It's a WICKED looking bike.

Passing them on a wheelie? LOL. It's certainly not the fastest bike around but it will air out the front tire in 1st and 2nd but it's nothing too blazing fast. It's really good on the Streets. I've ridden a coule 600CC bikes and they seem like you really have to wind the out of them to really get going. This bike is pretty much going from about 2,500 and when it his 7,800-8,000 rpm it wakes up quite a bit more.
ya, I really love my tech specs on the street. They offer the right amount of grip and not too much to where it restricts your movement. I'm able to comfortably keep the pressure steady on the tank with my legs and I'm able to take pressure off the bars. Yes, the orange ZX-10R is a wicked looking bike indeed. I LOVE mine. Oh and I guess I should finish the story, I passed them after wheelie hill @ TWS (Texas World Speedway) Let's trade bikes for a quick ride, I wanna ride that thing

It's GREEN, it's FAST, and it says Ninja on it
dudewhrsmybike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2009, 12:19 AM   #43
AaronP220
Sir Ballmanship

Bike(s):
2011 Fleshlight

Quote:
Originally Posted by dudewhrsmybike View Post
Let's trade bikes for a quick ride, I wanna ride that thing
Fine by me....You'll probably like it. Even for a tall guy like my self it's really comfortable.
Old 04-30-2009, 12:20 AM   #44
dudewhrsmybike

Bike(s):
2011 Kawasaki ZX-10R ABS

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlipSideUp View Post
You don't need to be scrubbing them off in the streets anyway, especially with your level of experience. Get on the track when you can, and they'll come right off.

Congrats! I love this bike.
I learned how to scrub them off on the street first but I will agree, the track is the safer place to build your skills

Old 04-30-2009, 12:22 AM   #45
AaronP220
Sir Ballmanship

Bike(s):
2011 Fleshlight

Quote:
I learned how to scrub them off on the street first but I will agree, the track is the safer place to build your skills
Windfern right off Fallbrook (leading to my house) has a road that's about a mile straight with a SHARP 90 followed by another long strait with another SHARP 90 on it. It's really nice for some good lean...

Just looked at your ZX-10R...MAN! That's a KILLER looking bike.
Old 04-30-2009, 12:23 AM   #46
dudewhrsmybike

Bike(s):
2011 Kawasaki ZX-10R ABS

Member Garage

Quote:
Fine by me....You'll probably like it. Even for a tall guy like my self it's really comfortable.
Yea, the seat looks comfy and the raised clip ons will put you into a comfy position. Only thing I wouldn't like about owning that bike is the lack of fairings.
After riding my bike on a LONG ride in the wind this weekend, I have a new found respect for aerodynamics

Old 04-30-2009, 12:25 AM   #47
AaronP220
Sir Ballmanship

Bike(s):
2011 Fleshlight

Quote:
Yea, the seat looks comfy and the raised clip ons will put you into a comfy position. Only thing I wouldn't like about owning that bike is the lack of fairings.
After riding my bike on a LONG ride in the wind this weekend, I have a new found respect for aerodynamics
Well, it's a really light bike and I just come back from Westhiemer and Kirkwood and it's SUPER windy tonight and I was REALLY wishing for a full faring bike. Getting blown all over the place...but all well.

It's just not a realy areodynamic bike. It's not TOO bad though. That little head unit did a LOT to help.
Old 04-30-2009, 12:29 AM   #48
dudewhrsmybike

Bike(s):
2011 Kawasaki ZX-10R ABS

Member Garage

Quote:
Well, it's a really light bike and I just come back from Westhiemer and Kirkwood and it's SUPER windy tonight and I was REALLY wishing for a full faring bike. Getting blown all over the place...but all well.

It's just not a realy areodynamic bike. It's not TOO bad though. That little head unit did a LOT to help.
Yea, when it comes to nekkid bikes, I after the Gen1 Z1000's. Even after owning my 10R for a year and putting 12k miles and 10+ trackdays on it since then, I STILL have a thing for the Z1000, even though I've never ridden one.

I noticed how bad the wind gets to y'all on those bikes, this weekend I rode behind a guy and his jeans will flopping ALL around in the wind, I was wearing similar fitted jeans as well and mine weren't moving at all

Old 04-30-2009, 12:57 AM   #49
AaronP220
Sir Ballmanship

Bike(s):
2011 Fleshlight

Yeah. I have to tuck mine into my boots if I know I'm going to be on the free way as they flap all over the place. There's a certain point that I can get my head down into the visor and I'm pretty much wind free on the upper body but the arms and legs still get a decen amount of it.

Advertisement