MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > Taking it to the Track
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 05-10-2009, 08:15 PM   #41
PowerSurgeD
is on indefinite hiatus

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 6 years

Bike(s):
2005 crf 50,
2008 drz400sm
2001 cbrf4i

Member Garage

ya i hope so..im gonna root mine tonight...im gonna go buy a new sd card... it just sucks that the G1 comes with you cant remove like the amazon app, the email app...and it wont let you install the apps onto the sd card(which BLOWS) so it made my phone laggy after installing all these apps...so hopefully tonight i'll get it done...and im sure once i do this they are gonna release the stupid cupcake update ...just myt luck..i cant wait for someone to make a easy program....typing sucks hahah
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Recommendations on GPS lap timer? ConcordEagle Taking it to the Track 15 06-09-2016 07:30 AM
cheap lap timer for katy track? paulie12 Mini's, Motards & Flattrack Racing 1 10-02-2015 07:40 PM
Diablo Biker IPHONE Lap Timer App SGT USMC 0311 Taking it to the Track 4 08-11-2013 10:40 PM
GPS Lap Timer numpty Taking it to the Track 18 07-03-2012 03:29 PM
GPS data acquisition lap timer... houseofpaint Taking it to the Track 62 10-23-2008 08:37 PM
Advertisement
Old 05-10-2009, 09:01 PM   #42
Pyrofallout
<<<< S.B.N. >>>>

Feedback Rating: (31)

Experience: 5 years
Trackdays: 10+

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerSurgeD View Post
ya i hope so..im gonna root mine tonight...im gonna go buy a new sd card... it just sucks that the G1 comes with you cant remove like the amazon app, the email app...and it wont let you install the apps onto the sd card(which BLOWS) so it made my phone laggy after installing all these apps...so hopefully tonight i'll get it done...and im sure once i do this they are gonna release the stupid cupcake update ...just myt luck..i cant wait for someone to make a easy program....typing sucks hahah
lol. i really think cupcake is gonna get hacked like a FAST. People have been chomping at the bits for this update for quite some time now.
Pyrofallout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2009, 09:11 PM   #43
PowerSurgeD
is on indefinite hiatus

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 6 years

Bike(s):
2005 crf 50,
2008 drz400sm
2001 cbrf4i

Member Garage

people in the UK already have cupcake 1.5...so im debating if i should hack mine tonight...it was announced that cupecake will be release in the states by the end of this month......but it sucks not having root access on a *nix based system.

it's like getting an xbox 360 with 20 + games, and your parents forgot to give you the controller lol
Old 05-11-2009, 07:23 AM   #44
Chubby Racer
The Confusion

Feedback Rating: (2)

Experience: 8 years

Bike(s):
'07 R6
'02 KLX110(tarded)

Send a message via ICQ to Chubby Racer Send a message via AIM to Chubby Racer Send a message via MSN to Chubby Racer Send a message via Yahoo to Chubby Racer
a friend of mine and I thought about coding up something for the gphone to do GPS laptimes. Then we thought about the consequences of crashing. I don't want to be out a phone AND A laptimer if I bin my bike. There's also the issue of what to do when its wet. Lastly, these phones suck the battery down big time when GPs is enabled.
A motorcycle is a joy machine. It's a machine of wonders, a metal bird, a motorized prosthetic. It's light and dark and shiny and dirty and warm and cold lapping over each other; it's a conduit of grace, it's a catalyst for bonding the gritty and the holy.

CMRA #302
Chubby Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 09:12 AM   #45
Pyrofallout
<<<< S.B.N. >>>>

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by po-po 5.0 View Post
a friend of mine and I thought about coding up something for the gphone to do GPS laptimes. Then we thought about the consequences of crashing. I don't want to be out a phone AND A laptimer if I bin my bike. There's also the issue of what to do when its wet. Lastly, these phones suck the battery down big time when GPs is enabled.
It's not the best solution. But it is one of many. I am gonna but my phone in a nice sturdy something under the back seat to at least try it out at the next trackday. I will report back on how it works then.
Old 05-13-2009, 10:15 AM   #46
Pyrofallout
<<<< S.B.N. >>>>

Member Garage

Harry's GPS Lap Timer Updated

The new version can be found in the usual place.

Additional features in updated version 5.5 include:

- Integration of acceleration information
- A fancy acceleration view including max values and zooming
- Automatic calibration
- Improved speed / height / acceleration diagrams
- Improved map view
- Advanced database management
- Updated POI database
- Lots of smaller fixes and improvements
Old 05-13-2009, 10:31 AM   #47
CalamariKid

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
2008 FZ1, 1995 R1100GS, 2008 WR450F

Very cool! Thanks for the heads up!
CalamariKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 11:10 AM   #48
996Pilot
Aerobatics Junkie

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):

So how does it work? Do you have to take a lap to set up the splits, Start/Finish? I tried reading it over, but maybe was too lazy to notice the info?
996Pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 11:12 AM   #49
Pyrofallout
<<<< S.B.N. >>>>

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by 996Pilot View Post
So how does it work? Do you have to take a lap to set up the splits, Start/Finish? I tried reading it over, but maybe was too lazy to notice the info?
You set a start finish point using GPS.
Old 05-26-2009, 10:57 AM   #50
Pyrofallout
<<<< S.B.N. >>>>

Member Garage

Both the latest versions of Track Day and Harry's GPS Lap Timer are available you know where courtesy of you know who.

I wanted to test them out this weekend at MSR but when I went to do it, the pouring rain began.

Advertisement