MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > Information > Events, Meets and Rides
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 05-03-2009, 08:26 PM   #321
R6Nick
Ultimate Traffic Stopper

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
03 Yamaha R6
08 CRF Fiddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedCheeser View Post
Just an update...got back from the doctor a little while ago. Basically they were saying that I should have gone in more immediately, because they probably would have stitched the knee, but you really only have about a 6 hr window where you can stitch it. Either way, they said it should still heal, just take a little longer, and is more prone to infection, so I need to stay on top of keeping it clean and I'll be taking an antibiotic. Hand is ok, just need to keep neosporin on it and trim skin as it dies. Pinky is sprained and I have a splint on it to keep it straight. Nothing is broken at all. All in all not too bad I guess, just have to heal up now.
i think the paramedic and i told you yesterday to go get it looked at so they could clean it out real good and take care of it...or i told you how to clean it up and take care of it...but somebody must be hard-headed and doesn't listen!!!

but seriously bro---stitches...i dont think so...it wasnt that deep...i have had much worse...had a chunk of meat gone one time and cleaned it up and kept it wraped up and im still living!!! but its all good... see ya back out there soon!!!

signaturecoachdavecopy
R6Nick is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
7/2/14 SHNF ride Zrx jet's 1st ride in the forest Buelligan Dirtbikes, Mini's, ATV's..... 0 07-03-2014 10:03 AM
N 1st N00b Ride for Feb. A Looong ride through the Country and The Forest Sat 2/22/2014 Blamdiggity Events, Meets and Rides 170 02-25-2014 08:48 PM
Forest Ride Ride-HalFFast Rykoson General Discussion (Moto Related) 34 09-01-2012 11:03 AM
Secret Forest Ride Saturday Dec 11 KSU 945-Moderate Ride Starting in Katy Rykoson Events, Meets and Rides 32 12-12-2010 03:05 AM
BDAY Forest Ride 8/29/2009 w/the Forest Gnomes!!! hybrid_crx Events, Meets and Rides 62 08-30-2009 03:40 AM
Advertisement
Old 05-03-2009, 08:29 PM   #322
kibitzer
Donkey punch 2 the soul

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
2007 CBR600RR
02 XR100(tarded)
07 CRF50 (mini tard)

Well thanks to this thread I finally sat down and ordered some knee protection.
kibitzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2009, 08:32 PM   #323
dudewhrsmybike

Feedback Rating: (3)

Experience: 8 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2011 Kawasaki ZX-10R ABS

Member Garage

Send a message via AIM to dudewhrsmybike
Quote:
Originally Posted by lansodw76 View Post
Well thanks to this thread I finally sat down and ordered some knee protection.
Nice
Kinda like a gun, rather have it and not need it than need it and not have it

It's GREEN, it's FAST, and it says Ninja on it
dudewhrsmybike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2009, 09:19 PM   #324
puertorico600r

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):
R6

Quote:
Originally Posted by QUICKGIXX View Post
here is the full vid

speedcheeser that last part of the vid is for you bud!!! haha

YouTube - 050209 forest ride

That mount i made came out good huh, Im still waiting for my steak dinner !!
puertorico600r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2009, 09:22 PM   #325
CaligoneTx
Forest Gnome Tour Guide

Feedback Rating: (1)

Bike(s):
Triumph 675r
Ducati 748
Hyosungs (250r + 650r)
Honda 900rr
Suzuki Busa1300r (+2 bikes)

Send a message via AIM to CaligoneTx Send a message via Yahoo to CaligoneTx
Old 05-03-2009, 10:15 PM   #326
KillinTime

Feedback Rating: (2)

Bike(s):
13' Cbr1000rr
Suzuki Boulevard

Quote:
Originally Posted by R6Nick View Post
hey bro---the blue r6 was me and i apologize for buzzing yall...next time ill give some heads up with my wonderful light warning equipment but i was just trying to get back to the accident...once again...i apologize

Not a problem at all man.

..& to all not wearing kneepads.. Take your to Cycle Gear and spend 20 bucks, They are well worth it.
KillinTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2009, 10:16 PM   #327
KillinTime

Bike(s):
13' Cbr1000rr
Suzuki Boulevard

R6Nick, You are hilarious man. Sounds like yall had a great time.
KillinTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 01:56 PM   #328
MAVER1CK

Feedback Rating: (3)

Experience: 1 year

Bike(s):
SV650SF

Sorry to bring up an old post... but just got to see it... That was hilarious, should have gotten the rest of the conversations LOL.
MAVER1CK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 09:26 AM   #329
nchristie

Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2012 Triumph Tiger 800

Knee pads?

Won't need knee pads if you have the right riding gear - leather (or mesh) riding pants with CE / GP armor in the knees (and hips).

Looks back at the pictures - good pics, OBTW - at the stoplight is best. I count six or seven people in jeans.

At the stop, I see at least one person in tennis shoes.

There's decent gear available for any budget - spend the $, buy decent gear, and wear it.

To the dude who went down - sorry. I really appreciate / respect your post-wreck attitude in your posts - you're not making excuses, you're not posing. Cool.
nchristie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 11:45 AM   #330
SpeedCheeser
and whiskey

Experience: 2 years

Bike(s):
thieves

Quote:
Originally Posted by nchristie View Post
Won't need knee pads if you have the right riding gear - leather (or mesh) riding pants with CE / GP armor in the knees (and hips).

Looks back at the pictures - good pics, OBTW - at the stoplight is best. I count six or seven people in jeans.

At the stop, I see at least one person in tennis shoes.

There's decent gear available for any budget - spend the $, buy decent gear, and wear it.

To the dude who went down - sorry. I really appreciate / respect your post-wreck attitude in your posts - you're not making excuses, you're not posing. Cool.
Well, you know...it is what it is. Honestly it happened so fast, I'm not really even sure exactly what did happen. I only remember the part when I knew for sure I was going off the road.

Yeah, I was actually ready to buy a pair of riding pants with armor in them, but I got a nail through my rear tire and spent the money on that instead that weekend, planning on buying the pants on my next pay check...but who would have guessed that it was one paycheck too late.

Since the thread was bumped back up, figure I may as well give an update. The cuts on the knee seem to be healing up. The deeper ones still have a ways to go, but some of the smaller ones the scabs are already peeling away and revealing pretty, pink skin, and the knee is getting easier to bend without pulling too tightly again. I still can't bend my pinky at all and is slightly swollen and sore around the knuckle still. My palm is pretty close to done healing. Most of the dead skin is coming off and there is fresh pink skin there.

As for the bike, ordered the mirrors so far. Gonna make sure FedEx knows how to get to my new apartment, and once they come in ordering the stator cover and shift lever to put the bike back together. (leaving plastics broken for now) Then getting it over to Motorcycles Unlimited or someone to have a look at the front end and hope that that's not too bad to get repaired and riding again. Oh yeah, and also order new gear. Duh.
SpeedCheeser is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement