MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 04-27-2009, 05:44 PM   #21
lbjasonc
Doin it big!

Feedback Rating: (3)

Bike(s):
06 gsxr1Theezy

Quote:
Originally Posted by YZFracer212 View Post
tires, tires, and more tires
keep goin, tires, a new/used truck to tow ur machine, a trailer if not a truck, gas to and from the track, campin stuff for the pit, tires, trackday cost, larry or ty's class, license, tires, round of margarita's when u get the slower time that day between u and ur buds, more tires, trackbike, upgrade that dam thing, lap timer, new gear, tires............oh it gets worst lil buddy
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Finally ready to do a track day...... Bluestreak06 Taking it to the Track 22 05-26-2014 11:09 PM
how i get ready for track bigpat728 Off Topic 12 03-05-2010 09:14 PM
I think I am FINALLY READY!!!! Timme' Taking it to the Track 12 02-16-2009 03:30 PM
kx65 finally ready mcd Mini's, Motards & Flattrack Racing 29 01-26-2009 04:06 PM
I think I'm ready for the track. hotcknstrips Taking it to the Track 23 02-22-2006 10:36 AM
Advertisement
Old 04-27-2009, 05:50 PM   #22
yellowjacket
S.D.W's BFF

Feedback Rating: (6)

Experience: 5 years
Trackdays: 6

Bike(s):
2004 YZF-R1 *Street*
2003 CBR 600R *Track*

Send a message via AIM to yellowjacket
Quote:
Originally Posted by lbjasonc View Post
keep goin, tires, a new/used truck to tow ur machine, a trailer if not a truck, gas to and from the track, campin stuff for the pit, tires, trackday cost, larry or ty's class, license, tires, round of margarita's when u get the slower time that day between u and ur buds, more tires, trackbike, upgrade that dam thing, lap timer, new gear, tires............oh it gets worst lil buddy
haha well I used to race shifter cart for southwest racing association.. So most stuff is covered..
I have a truck and 2 trailers
Tons of camping gear little grills pop up pop up awning.. with a sweet fan.. generator to power my xbox360 and flatscreen for lunch time... j.j
trackday cost yeah but 100-135... no biggie
tires- 300 1 set every one or two months
trackbike check and already has all the upgrade goodies
gear covered
and im a bar manager for brinker international so margaritas on the house at chilis mac grill or on the border!!
ready to rock and roll!! its good being single again
yellowjacket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 05:54 PM   #23
lbjasonc
Doin it big!

Bike(s):
06 gsxr1Theezy

Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowjacket View Post
haha well I used to race shifter cart for southwest racing association.. So most stuff is covered..
I have a truck and 2 trailers
Tons of camping gear little grills pop up pop up awning.. with a sweet fan.. generator to power my xbox360 and flatscreen for lunch time... j.j
trackday cost yeah but 100-135... no biggie
tires- 300 1 set every one or two months
trackbike check and already has all the upgrade goodies
gear covered
and im a bar manager for brinker international so margaritas on the house at chilis mac grill or on the border!!
ready to rock and roll!! its good being single again
dam! lookin for a new bff?!
Old 04-27-2009, 05:55 PM   #24
Whoop
Mobile Bike Service!

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
gsxr 1000

I'd be afraid to wear that suit. I haven't heard very good things from the people that have crashed in them.
Whoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 05:55 PM   #25
yellowjacket
S.D.W's BFF

Bike(s):
2004 YZF-R1 *Street*
2003 CBR 600R *Track*

dude alief isnt to far your more than welcome to trailer with me. Ill bring my 16 foot trailer.. we can through the sv and your gsxr up front and ill put my r1 on it to take it out for the parade lap at lunch.. I just want to open her up on that straight!!!
Old 04-27-2009, 05:59 PM   #26
YZFracer212

Bike(s):
05 SV 1000 ~ Street, 2000 SV 650 ~ track, 2007 RMZ 250 ~ MX, 2003 CRF 88 ~ play

Send a message via AIM to YZFracer212
yellow jacket you have warmers and stands? You are going to be running race rubber need warmers
Old 04-27-2009, 06:04 PM   #27
yellowjacket
S.D.W's BFF

Bike(s):
2004 YZF-R1 *Street*
2003 CBR 600R *Track*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Whoopie View Post
I'd be afraid to wear that suit. I haven't heard very good things from the people that have crashed in them.
yeah but its crazy just search different suits on this forum.. I have read so many reviews that are good for a product and then somebody steps in a bashes it. And apparently Adam(Hooligan) went down in a 300 dollar teknic suit at about 100 skid 100 ft 30 or so of it on the pavement and walked away I just dont want to get caught up in a brand name yes I own alpinestar street gear and love it but dont want to spend 1000 bucks for a suit alone...Just read a couple reviews of some of the suits people love on this forum

Just an example

Kobe Failed at 30 miles per hour
http://www.motohouston.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=90359
Old 04-27-2009, 06:04 PM   #28
lbjasonc
Doin it big!

Bike(s):
06 gsxr1Theezy

Quote:
dude alief isnt to far your more than welcome to trailer with me. Ill bring my 16 foot trailer.. we can through the sv and your gsxr up front and ill put my r1 on it to take it out for the parade lap at lunch.. I just want to open her up on that straight!!!
ur my kind of peep! thanks for the invite amigo
Old 04-27-2009, 06:06 PM   #29
yellowjacket
S.D.W's BFF

Bike(s):
2004 YZF-R1 *Street*
2003 CBR 600R *Track*

Quote:
Originally Posted by YZFracer212 View Post
yellow jacket you have warmers and stands? You are going to be running race rubber need warmers
front and rear stands yes.. and im going to check out warmers at the track. I have heard mixed reviews on warmers and since ill be starting out in novice it will be a couple laps anyways till we get up to speed another said I dont need warmers if I still to a race tire but if I get a slick they are a must have.. so Ill check them out at the track or borrow a set for the first day
Old 04-27-2009, 06:14 PM   #30
bumblebee
Yeah I'm flippin' YOU off

Bike(s):
'74 Suzuki GT380
'82 XS650 StreetTracker
'10 Ducati Streetfighter
'83 Yamaha Seca 900

Street tires + Novice = No warmers needed.

As far as how expensive it is, nobody has EVER layed on their deathbed and said, "I wish I hadn't wasted so much money having fun". And trust me, if you like riding fast on a bike, there aint NOTHIN' more fun than this .
Bevo- "I lack skillz"
bumblebee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 06:19 PM   #31
yellowjacket
S.D.W's BFF

Bike(s):
2004 YZF-R1 *Street*
2003 CBR 600R *Track*

Quote:
Originally Posted by bumblebee View Post
Street tires + Novice = No warmers needed.

As far as how expensive it is, nobody has EVER layed on their deathbed and said, "I wish I hadn't wasted so much money having fun". And trust me, if you like riding fast on a bike, there aint NOTHIN' more fun than this .
agreed plus I think...you cant take your money with you so have fun while your living..
Old 04-27-2009, 07:30 PM   #32
yellowjacket
S.D.W's BFF

Bike(s):
2004 YZF-R1 *Street*
2003 CBR 600R *Track*

and for anybody wondering about ordering.. they can get any size or color and says it takes about 5-7 business days..
Old 04-27-2009, 07:49 PM   #33
Pyrofallout
<<<< S.B.N. >>>>

Feedback Rating: (31)

Member Garage

That $599 deal is a of a deal. You can't beat that. One could get all gear needs for the track at under a grand.
Pyrofallout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 07:58 PM   #34
yellowjacket
S.D.W's BFF

Bike(s):
2004 YZF-R1 *Street*
2003 CBR 600R *Track*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyrofallout View Post
That $599 deal is a of a deal. You can't beat that. One could get all gear needs for the track at under a grand.
actually got it for 499.99 with the manager special coupon and thats special ordered colors too
Old 04-27-2009, 08:14 PM   #35
CaligoneTx
Forest Gnome Tour Guide

Bike(s):
Triumph 675r
Ducati 748
Hyosungs (250r + 650r)
Honda 900rr
Suzuki Busa1300r (+2 bikes)

Send a message via AIM to CaligoneTx Send a message via Yahoo to CaligoneTx
Street tires every 2 months, sure.

Once you go to a track tire, maybe 2 track days between the tires due to heat cycles/street/wear.

Have you gone for parade laps? Get a feel for the events before your first trackday so you aren't overwhelmed when your sitting outside the gate and the rush for overhang ensues.

BTW; I have FT lowers(it was cheap, I wear them almost every ride) And my stitching is coming apart on the left knee from dragging knee. They are alittle large for me. About 2yrs old now(per design.) I dont know how the new stuff is made.

Measure the leather and see how thick it is. Custom suits can be made to your specifications for around 5-600 if I recall correctly, out of California. They are made very well and all the bells and whistles can be added to them. Problem is approx a 6 month turn around.
Old 04-27-2009, 08:22 PM   #36
maxgs

Member Garage

Quote:
yeah but its crazy just search different suits on this forum.. I have read so many reviews that are good for a product and then somebody steps in a bashes it. And apparently Adam(Hooligan) went down in a 300 dollar teknic suit at about 100 skid 100 ft 30 or so of it on the pavement and walked away I just dont want to get caught up in a brand name yes I own alpinestar street gear and love it but dont want to spend 1000 bucks for a suit alone...Just read a couple reviews of some of the suits people love on this forum

Just an example

Kobe Failed at 30 miles per hour
http://www.motohouston.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=90359
There is always more to the story.... That was the second time he went down in that suit. The zipper failed, specifically the teeth came off the zipper. The suit seams and the zipper seams were intact. The zipper used in that suit is the largest made by YKK zippers, and the same zipper used in most leathers across all manufacturers.
Old 04-27-2009, 08:26 PM   #37
maxgs

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaligoneTx View Post
Street tires every 2 months, sure.

Once you go to a track tire, maybe 2 track days between the tires due to heat cycles/street/wear.

For new and even intermediate riders, track tires will last WAY more than two track days, regardless of whether you are on warmers or not. If you are on a 600, it will be way, way more. On my liter bike I can get two track days at MSRH out of a rear tire running high 40 lap times and abusing the tire.
Old 04-27-2009, 08:27 PM   #38
yellowjacket
S.D.W's BFF

Bike(s):
2004 YZF-R1 *Street*
2003 CBR 600R *Track*

ahhh I see well lets just try not to test the leathers and keep it sticky side down
Old 04-27-2009, 10:14 PM   #39
cdill35

Feedback Rating: (5)

Bike(s):
2014 Phoenix 921 Pro XP w/ Merc 250 ProXS
11 Yam Zuma 125
Specialized Stumpy

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxgs View Post
There is always more to the story.... That was the second time he went down in that suit. The zipper failed, specifically the teeth came off the zipper. The suit seams and the zipper seams were intact. The zipper used in that suit is the largest made by YKK zippers, and the same zipper used in most leathers across all manufacturers.
Actually, there IS more to the story. After review and comparisons, YKK has a line of zippers that have a lil "bob" on the end, that help to prevent this type of failure. I am going to go out on a limb and say that higher end suits, use a different zipper. Same brand, different model. I could be wrong and am not prepared to stand behind that comment tho.

And BTW Yellowjacket, I dont think Adam was 100mph going over the launch when he went down. Not sure anyone can go that fast through there.
cdill35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 10:17 PM   #40
yellowjacket
S.D.W's BFF

Bike(s):
2004 YZF-R1 *Street*
2003 CBR 600R *Track*

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdill35 View Post
Actually, there IS more to the story. After review and comparisons, YKK has a line of zippers that have a lil "bob" on the end, that help to prevent this type of failure. I am going to go out on a limb and say that higher end suits, use a different zipper. Same brand, different model. I could be wrong and am not prepared to stand behind that comment tho.

And BTW Yellowjacket, I dont think Adam was 100mph going over the launch when he went down. Not sure anyone can go that fast through there.
well he said he wasnt going slow but he was very satisfied with the way his suit held up and hey I talked to him on the phone at the end of last week at least I didnt have to visit him in the hospital so the suit did its job

Advertisement