MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 04-28-2009, 09:52 AM   #81
honorsdaddy
Professional Donor

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 9 years

Bike(s):
2012 BMW K1600GTL
2013 Triumph Trophy SE (sold)
2009 Harley-Davidson Road Glide(sold)
2007 Star V-Star 1300T (sold)
2007 Star V-Star 1100 (sold)

Send a message via Yahoo to honorsdaddy
Quote:
Originally Posted by pelochas View Post
HAHAHA this is BULLCACA

Its Private Property..its America..Can Do and WILL DO what they want...they already have confirmation of hooligans acting like idiots on the parking lot...too bad, a few dummCulos f the up for everyone so Move On.
Nope - sorry - its not private property. It is business property which is open to the public.

If you believe otherwise, by all means, open a business and forbid blacks, gays or women to enter. Better yet, try to get a business license without being ADA compliant.

One idiot does not give a business permission to exclude everyone who just kinda sorta looks like him.

Last edited by honorsdaddy; 04-28-2009 at 09:55 AM.
honorsdaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
wed. night antics klassik General Discussion (Moto Related) 273 04-19-2009 12:57 PM
PP1 Anyone? Herf Events, Meets and Rides 0 12-11-2008 07:18 PM
PP1 voelfo General Discussion (Moto Related) 27 11-12-2005 12:03 AM
Advertisement
Old 04-28-2009, 09:55 AM   #82
sbfuller
the crotch-rocketeer!

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
2006 Hayabusa (totaled)2007 Hayabusa, 2004 CRF 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by switch View Post
ok so no big bikes at SB...what about 50's and other minis?
been there done that... they called the police on me, even though mine is street legal.
sbfuller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 10:00 AM   #83
SBK Pilot
non playa hatar

Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
:: 05 GSXR 750 ::

:: 07 GSXR 1K ::
:: 11 ZUMA 125 ::
stop listing what u sold here - nobody cares...

Quote:
Originally Posted by honorsdaddy View Post
Nope - sorry - its not private property. It is business property which is open to the public.

If you believe otherwise, by all means, open a business and forbid blacks, gays or women to enter. Better yet, try to get a business license without being ADA compliant.
there are two kinds of property - public and private...

there's no such thing as 'business property' as far as who is welcome or not...

property owners... or property management companies (representing owners) or even tenants can legally issue trespass warnings to whomever they please...

because (again - *by legal definition* ) it is private property...

this is not about race, sexual preference or disabilities... those things you can sue for... if a business owner wants motorcyclists out - they can do it... it has been done is other locations...

the best practice is to either

1. be self policing and make sure riders don't act like idiots up there or
2. don't go there
Old 04-28-2009, 10:02 AM   #84
sbfuller
the crotch-rocketeer!

Bike(s):
2006 Hayabusa (totaled)2007 Hayabusa, 2004 CRF 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by SBK Pilot View Post
there are two kinds of property - public and private...

there's no such thing as 'business property' as far as who is welcome or not...

property owners... or property management companies (representing owners) or even tenants can legally issue trespass warnings to whomever they please...

because (again - *by legal definition* ) it is private property...

this is not about race, sexual preference or disabilities... those things you can sue for... if a business owner wants motorcyclists out - they can do it... it has been done is other locations...

the best practice is to either

1. be self policing and make sure riders don't act like idiots up there or
2. don't go there
so the next person that rolls through there at red line... casually walk up and turn off their key pull it out and throw it across the parking lot
sbfuller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 10:02 AM   #85
pelochas

Experience: 1 year

Bike(s):
2004 Kawasaki ZX-6R

Quote:
Originally Posted by honorsdaddy View Post

One idiot does not give a business permission to exclude everyone who just kinda sorta looks like him.
You are correct but OFF TOPIC...its about the BIKES...so again...can do and will do. My Family and I ran a business, grocery store. I would run out Drunks, Jackasses hanging out in the parking lot, Gangsters and their Lowriders cars just for sitting there and hitting the switches and loud systems. NO ADA complaints!
pelochas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 10:13 AM   #86
SBK Pilot
non playa hatar

Bike(s):
:: 05 GSXR 750 ::

:: 07 GSXR 1K ::
:: 11 ZUMA 125 ::
stop listing what u sold here - nobody cares...

Quote:
Originally Posted by pelochas View Post
My Family and I ran a business, grocery store. I would run out Drunks, Jackasses hanging out in the parking lot, Gangsters and their Lowriders cars just for sitting there and hitting the switches and loud systems.
absolutely...

business owners can chose who they want to serve and who they allow on their private commercial property...

i remember there was a bar on 59s and weslayan... one of his rules is - you can't wear a cap or hat or anything on your head... he had tons of hat racks all over the place... i couldn't believe it... but one guy refused to take off his cap... sure enough he got tossed out... cops came... and gave that guy a cup of stfu.... and told him that businesses don't have ANY obligation to serve him... and then they gave him his trespass warning to boot! lol...

again - don't confuse race, sexual orientation or physical disabilities discrimination with a business choosing to not serve or welcome motorcyclists...

the only way to fight that would be class action suit...

and good luck on that one in about 5-7 years when it finally gets to court...

it's just easier to find another spot...
Old 04-28-2009, 10:48 AM   #87
Texmex1
Bzzzzzzzzz

Bike(s):
`
03 Ruckus
77 MT125R
89 GB500
2015 Xbox One

There are alot of bike friendly places in town that host get togethers every month, but Starbucks has to deal with it every week (two times a week) , so i can see how the abundance of asshats has gotten old for them and would rather not have any bikes there at all...

Thurs night used to be "bike night" in Houston and there were hundreds of bikes out every week heading between Party on the Plaza, Shepherd Plaza, Richmond Ave...Not just all sitting at the same place for hours at the same time....
Texmex1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 11:14 AM   #88
ParAvion
Mr. Misanthrope

whoa wait a second youre telling me that Starbucks got sick of all the sport bikes wheelings and revving up and parking in handicapped spots. The biker and his girlfriend who were fighting with a customer in the parking lot because he parked too close to another bikers spot and then spit a huge loogie in his face and called him a dirty muslim. The large amount of people taking up parking spots all night without purchasing anything. The cruisers who come up and stand in the main thoroughfare and rev up their bikes at ear splitting levels for 3 minutes before they leave. The people who go wrong way on the sidewalk through traffic to cut through a office building to save 2 minutes. The whistling and sexually crude comments bikers yell at the cute women customers who walk into starbucks. You mean they dont appreciate the general chaos of hundreds of bikers coming in and out their parking lot at irresponsible speeds.

I"M SHOCKED! Starbucks is discriminating against bikers. This is egregious and should be reported to the ACLU.

Last edited by ParAvion; 04-28-2009 at 11:17 AM.
ParAvion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 03:02 PM   #89
cdill35

Feedback Rating: (5)

Bike(s):
2014 Phoenix 921 Pro XP w/ Merc 250 ProXS
11 Yam Zuma 125
Specialized Stumpy

Im tellin yall man...it aint starbucks. Its the lofts and The Container Store. The lofts cant do much about it, but as a tenant, The Container Store can complain enough to property management and they can get something done.

And Paravion...perhaps they got sick of the guy taking pictures of bikes up there, for free, therefore adding to the non paying customers and peeps seeking handouts.
cdill35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 03:06 PM   #90
AJFLo

Feedback Rating: (8)

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
K7 GSXR 600
06 Honda 50

I won't let them take my mocha away!!!
AJFLo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 03:24 PM   #91
Texmex1
Bzzzzzzzzz

Bike(s):
`
03 Ruckus
77 MT125R
89 GB500
2015 Xbox One

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJFLo View Post
I won't let them take my mocha away!!!
You'll just have to hit the drive thru lane and move along......
Texmex1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 09:55 PM   #92
houtex
Hit'n the track pipe

Im gonna cage it on Wednesday but wear all my gear and roll into SB to buy a coffee and wait for the cops to hassle me. I'm gonna let them threaten to tow me. What? Tow my car? I just like wear moto gear. So F off!
houtex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 10:01 PM   #93
klassik

Feedback Rating: (2)

Bike(s):
rnz450

so where is the new pp1? is it still a secret? lol
Old 04-28-2009, 10:18 PM   #94
ParAvion
Mr. Misanthrope

Quote:
Originally Posted by houtex View Post
Im gonna cage it on Wednesday but wear all my gear and roll into SB to buy a coffee and wait for the cops to hassle me. I'm gonna let them threaten to tow me. What? Tow my car? I just like wear moto gear. So F off!
lol
ParAvion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 10:59 PM   #95
Topcon

Quote:
You should get 20 or so ppl to show up in 4-5 vehicles all in gear, and stand outside chatting, no bikes in sight. ha!
Topcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 11:38 PM   #96
DANtheMan.
Chicks dig scars!

Experience: 2 years

06 crf250

Send a message via AIM to DANtheMan.
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Topcon View Post
You should get 20 or so ppl to show up in 4-5 vehicles all in gear, and stand outside chatting, no bikes in sight. ha!
LMAO! I should try that tomorrow...
Im still gonna head out there tomorrow night for me white mocha see what happens.

im just another NEWB SqUiDnAsTy...
DANtheMan. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 12:29 AM   #97
SpeedCheeser
and whiskey

Experience: 2 years

Bike(s):
thieves

Actually, we should literally get several people to go, all in cages (individually), wearing moto gear, all paying customers. Then see how much they enjoy discriminating against bikers with all of us still hanging out and talking up all the spaces.
SpeedCheeser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 12:33 AM   #98
Texas94fs
SBN Bus Driver

Trackdays: 5

Bike(s):
2006 Triumph Thruxton

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by ParAvion View Post
whoa wait a second youre telling me that Starbucks got sick of all the sport bikes wheelings and revving up and parking in handicapped spots. The biker and his girlfriend who were fighting with a customer in the parking lot because he parked too close to another bikers spot and then spit a huge loogie in his face and called him a dirty muslim. The large amount of people taking up parking spots all night without purchasing anything. The cruisers who come up and stand in the main thoroughfare and rev up their bikes at ear splitting levels for 3 minutes before they leave. The people who go wrong way on the sidewalk through traffic to cut through a office building to save 2 minutes. The whistling and sexually crude comments bikers yell at the cute women customers who walk into starbucks. You mean they dont appreciate the general chaos of hundreds of bikers coming in and out their parking lot at irresponsible speeds.

I"M SHOCKED! Starbucks is discriminating against bikers. This is egregious and should be reported to the ACLU.
Its not starbucks, its the property owner. Starbucks only complains about the business on wednesday nights being driven away by the morons who do stupid . I know. Trust me, I'm at the starbucks corporate office all the time. If people stopped being stupid it wouldn't be a problem

April 2009 BOTM
Texas94fs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 12:52 AM   #99
txferrari
Banned

Feedback Rating: (2)

User is banned

txferrari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 11:50 AM   #100
ThomAss
I like to ride

Bike(s):
07 CBR1000rr
06 CBR1000rr
05 CRF450r
09 Ruckus

Quote:
Originally Posted by txferrari View Post
Why not make JCI the spot again?
that's where we ended up last Wednesday. About 20 bikes up there.

Advertisement