MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 04-23-2009, 11:58 PM   #1
loosenoose
veteran novice

Feedback Rating: (2)

Experience: 7 years

Bike(s):
07 sv650!

Member Garage

has this ever been you?

some guy named with the last name lynch died recently (tues?) and i had all these people at work breathe a sigh of relief when they saw me this morning at work. apparently like a quarter of my shift thought i was dead. wtf?

i guess it would have been pointless to call me up if i was dead wtf.?

anyways, there were some people that seemed genuinely concerned and relieved that im still alive.

has this ever happened to you? kinda awkward when you run into someone who has already begun grieving you.
loosenoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 04-24-2009, 12:08 AM   #2
matemike
Grip it 'n' Rip it!

Feedback Rating: (3)

Experience: 5 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2007 GSXR 750
2007 GSXR 600...tracked out

Member Garage

never happened to me, but that'd be weird

i do however remember a girl in college who had her friend call her work and say that she passed away so she didn't have to go work anymore...bad idea...cuz about a month later one of her "ex"-coworkers saw her out at a bar and he looked like he saw a ghost, was nearly in tears and whatnot...it was the most awkward thing i had ever seen go down.
Old 04-24-2009, 12:36 AM   #3
jrob
cheers

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 5

Bike(s):
KTM 450 XC-F
DRZ 400 Kick/Motard Convert

i use to drive a black jeep in colorado. a black jeep just like mine had a head on collision with a semi on the way down the mountain one day.
i got like 20 phone calls that day asking if i was alive. when my mom called me she was in tears. she was convinced it was me.

ended up crashing that jeep later that year. i think i was jynxed!
haha
Old 04-24-2009, 12:59 AM   #4
BBKF
BooBooKittyFuxx

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):
06' 600RR

Quote:
Originally Posted by matemike View Post
never happened to me, but that'd be weird

i do however remember a girl in college who had her friend call her work and say that she passed away so she didn't have to go work anymore...bad idea...cuz about a month later one of her "ex"-coworkers saw her out at a bar and he looked like he saw a ghost, was nearly in tears and whatnot...it was the most awkward thing i had ever seen go down.
hahah my buddy did that once when he worked for home depot.

They sent a card and the manager called his family to give their condolenc.es

If everything's under control, you're going too slow
BBKF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 10:25 AM   #5
Scatter

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 4-8 months

Dustin has. still to this day, we will run into people when we go to Conroe that will turn pale as and start shaking.
Scatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 10:44 AM   #6
bumblebee
Yeah I'm flippin' YOU off

Feedback Rating: (3)

Bike(s):
'74 Suzuki GT380
'82 XS650 StreetTracker
'10 Ducati Streetfighter
'83 Yamaha Seca 900

I used to fly in a helicopter, 6 hours a day and report traffic on the radio. The company had 2 choppers.
One day, my people were all freaked, they came on our 2 way radio asking if I was OK. It took me a minute to switch over from doing the broadcast to being able to talk to the studio.
It turned out the other copter crashed up near IAH and they thought it was me. Thank no one was killed. It was a controlled crash in a field caused by a broken part on the rotor head.
If the pilot hadn't handled it perfectly they would have all died.

I had a lot of cool experiences doing that job, but I'm glad that wasn't one of them.
Bevo- "I lack skillz"
bumblebee is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 11:44 AM   #7
Smurfzilla

Feedback Rating: (2)

Bike(s):
'06 CBR600RR

I had back surgery in High School and missed about three months of school. A rumor got started that I had passed away. Several teachers stopped sending work home.

When I finally was back in school, the looks I got were priceless.

I got to find out who my true friends were, so at least something good came out of it.
Smurfzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 10:00 PM   #8
Kawi Kel
B.S.

Bike(s):
2007 ZZR-600

yeah. last year, i had my own apt. near campus (far from home) and some convicts escaped. They were armed and dangerous and robbed a lady for her car and stuff. My whole family was calling me to be careful.

And, two years ago my lab partner got murdered, they identified her as a young blonde female, so alllll my friends and family were calling me to see if I was alive.
Kawi Kel is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement