MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > Information > Events, Meets and Rides
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 04-26-2009, 07:25 PM   #101
ThomasNinja650
SSG Coleman

Feedback Rating: (2)

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
2007 Kawasaki Ninja 650-R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas94fs View Post
Maybe we should start a pic thread. . .re-size those mothas they huge!
http://www.motohouston.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=91188
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Slideshow of CoachDave's Memorial Ride BikerChick General Discussion (Moto Related) 11 05-02-2009 09:14 AM
4.26.09 Coach Dave Memorial Ride Video cdill35 General Discussion (Moto Related) 53 04-29-2009 11:03 AM
4-26-09 Coach Dave Memorial Ride Pics ThomasNinja650 General Discussion (Moto Related) 83 04-29-2009 10:58 AM
PP1 CoachDave Memorial Ride 4.26.09 Bevo Events, Meets and Rides 14 04-25-2009 11:49 PM
4.26.09 COACHDAVE MEMORIAL RIDE CaligoneTx Events, Meets and Rides 274 04-23-2009 07:36 PM
Advertisement
Old 04-26-2009, 07:30 PM   #102
Texas94fs
SBN Bus Driver

Feedback Rating: (1)

Trackdays: 5

Bike(s):
2006 Triumph Thruxton

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThomasNinja650 View Post
Right on

April 2009 BOTM
Texas94fs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2009, 07:33 PM   #103
THE ONE

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 1 year

Bike(s):
2008 CBR 600RR

i just got home and dammmmm son. Great day
Old 04-26-2009, 08:10 PM   #104
Weslito

Bike(s):
Harley Deluxe

Send a message via Yahoo to Weslito
Old 04-26-2009, 08:12 PM   #105
Texas94fs
SBN Bus Driver

Bike(s):
2006 Triumph Thruxton

Member Garage

PSSSST westlito, nice pics but theres a thread for em now!

April 2009 BOTM
Old 04-26-2009, 08:13 PM   #106
gixxergirloh2
~*~*~*~*~

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):
gsxr 600

Member Garage

i just wanted to say that the ride was amazing today.....cali you did an AWESOME job putting it together....the hard work paid off. i never couldve imagined that many bikes on so many different roads and through so many intersections could all stick together the way we did today. Everyone who helped put the ride together...blocked intersections....the sweepers..the leaders.....picture takers....video recordings...trucks pulling trailers... good job !!!! im sure coach is proud of yall !!!!
Old 04-26-2009, 08:18 PM   #107
Weslito

Bike(s):
Harley Deluxe

Quote:
PSSSST westlito, nice pics but theres a thread for em now!
Ah.. sorry.. I'll move them.
Old 04-26-2009, 08:22 PM   #108
Texas94fs
SBN Bus Driver

Bike(s):
2006 Triumph Thruxton

Member Garage

No I'm sorry I probably sounded like a complete arsehole.

April 2009 BOTM
Old 04-26-2009, 08:23 PM   #109
SW@T
SWAGGA OF A CRIPPLE!!

Experience: 3 years
Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
Track= 07 600RR
Street= 09 R6 white/red

Member Garage

the ride today was awesome....the turn out alone was enough to make you choke up...it really puts into perspective how many lives coach touched and how deeply he will be missed

i would like to thank everyone who helped organize the ride...it went very very smoothly considering the amount of riders we had....so cudos to all of you

and thanks to everyone for comming out and showing support for coach
SW@T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2009, 08:24 PM   #110
MrGonzalez
08 Red R1

Experience: 5 years

Bike(s):
2008 Yamaha R1 (BL0oDy)
1998 honda cbr 600 f3 (sold)
2005 yamaha r1 White Raven (STOLEN)
2007 Yamaha R1 (BL0oDy)

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by chase View Post
did u have whiteout on ur tires?? saw a white r1 with white wheels and white tiretread
its a paint marker but i use the wrong type of paint . so some parts flaked off
MrGonzalez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2009, 08:54 PM   #111
JMAC

Bike(s):
Ninja

Had a great time today, thanks to everyone involved.
Was amazing turnout and all went well
JMAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2009, 09:02 PM   #112
Weslito

Bike(s):
Harley Deluxe

Quote:
No I'm sorry I probably sounded like a complete arsehole.
Nah.. I'm glad you said something.. I may not have seen.
Old 04-26-2009, 09:21 PM   #113
Squoddybody
This is me.

Feedback Rating: (5)

Experience: 8 years
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
Custom 2003 SV650

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigComfy View Post
So who droped the r1 pulling into yankees?
It was an R6. And I'll not tell who- he can tell himself, if he wants.

follow me on IG - squoddybody
Squoddybody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2009, 09:54 PM   #114
CaligoneTx
Forest Gnome Tour Guide

Bike(s):
Triumph 675r
Ducati 748
Hyosungs (250r + 650r)
Honda 900rr
Suzuki Busa1300r (+2 bikes)

Send a message via AIM to CaligoneTx Send a message via Yahoo to CaligoneTx
There were some people that wanted to come but for certain reasons couldn't make it. Their hearts were with us on this ride.

The only thing that made this ride work was the commitment of Sweepers, Leaders, Blockers. Facts aside, they knew what to do without instruction. Their vigilant work is what kept the rows of bikes going for a mile. To me personally I am proud of the FG riders and their applied experience for this situation.

I can list several names and the specifics of what they did because I noticed it all as we rode; but I know I tend to have lengthy posts that are skimmed lol.

The Forest Gnomes have grown to build rides out of the fundamental RoadKing rule book; Rob(flipsideup) offered much experience/advise through his Patriot Riders group(if you have not done a ride with them, you are missing real organization.) And I have received countless PMs from near everyone on the ride volunteering to help, thank you all.

Wayne and Dustin/Scatter... thank you for offering your ride aside to bring trailers. We had two issues on the ride, one bike stalling and one stop(going to Yankees.) I was also very happy to hear from others when we arrived that texts/calls were already sent, and "its ok, forest gnomes are with them."

ThomasNinja650, thank you for leading Kim and family ahead of the group to be at Dave's corner as the group came by. I would have loved to be there but I wanted to make sure everyone made the 447 turn. It was an honor to stop w the family and lead them to Yankees where they ordered Dave's favorite meal there

Hooligan, awesome job leading the group out there.

We all played an amazing role in this ride; without everyone doing their part for the group it wouldnt have gone over so smooth. I appologize for the early start in the beginning as well as short timing the pictures on 2854; that was a miscommunication over the radios.
Old 04-26-2009, 10:00 PM   #115
CaligoneTx
Forest Gnome Tour Guide

Bike(s):
Triumph 675r
Ducati 748
Hyosungs (250r + 650r)
Honda 900rr

Disregard the top one; I didn't finish it....There were some people that wanted to come but for certain reasons couldn't make it. Their hearts were with us on this ride.

The only thing that made this ride work was the commitment of Sweepers, Leaders, Blockers. Facts aside, they knew what to do without instruction. Their vigilant work is what kept the rows of bikes going for a mile. To me personally I am proud of the FG riders and their applied experience for this situation.

I can list several names and the specifics of what they did because I noticed it all as we rode; but I know I tend to have lengthy posts that are skimmed lol.

The Forest Gnomes have grown to build rides out of the fundamental RoadKing rule book; Rob(flipsideup) offered much experience/advise through his Patriot Riders group(if you have not done a ride with them, you are missing real organization.) And I have received countless PMs from near everyone on the ride volunteering to help, thank you all.

Wayne and Dustin/Scatter... thank you for offering your ride aside to bring trailers. We had two issues on the ride, one bike stalling and one stop(going to Yankees.) I was also very happy to hear from others when we arrived that texts/calls were already sent, and "its ok, forest gnomes are with them."

ThomasNinja650, thank you for leading Kim and family ahead of the group to be at Dave's corner as the group came by. I would have loved to be there but I wanted to make sure everyone made the 447 turn. It was an honor to stop w the family and lead them to Yankees where they ordered Dave's favorite meal there

Hooligan, awesome job leading the group through 3090. Toni my hat(beret) off to you for being our designated sweeper. Everyone in the forest gnome/helper list did an amazing job. To see street/track riders put aside a ride for thrills and devote their time for the safety of the group... awesome. Pam and LSTD, thank you for the jerseys to wear and designate the helpers(also awesome backwards video riding lol.) Thank you to everyone else that helped in documenting this ride. I heard 120-125 but not sure is an official count was made.

Thank you HPC(Cory, CDill) for the donations, as well as Matt(Texaspsyclone) and Meredith/Noy for the sticker donations.

We all played an amazing role in this ride; without everyone doing their part for the group it wouldnt have gone over so smooth. I appologize for the early start in the beginning as well as short timing the pictures on 2854; that was a miscommunication over the radios.

Kim and family, thank you for sharing your loved one with us.

Again... EVERYONE that helped and rode thank you for instilling what CoachDave was for us; he brought us together and offered fellowship, laughs and good times "w some curves."

Last edited by CaligoneTx; 04-26-2009 at 10:03 PM.
CaligoneTx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2009, 10:05 PM   #116
CaligoneTx
Forest Gnome Tour Guide

Bike(s):
Triumph 675r
Ducati 748
Hyosungs (250r + 650r)
Honda 900rr

Also.... LSTD jerseys...

I am missing two from the count. We were shy four when I got to Yankees, two were recovered.

If you have the jerseys please PM myself or Vmaxgirl. LSTD was nice enough to donate those jerseys for the ride and it made the difference. Lets not disrespect their good offering.

If we dont come up with them I'll replace the missing ones, but I'd like to see the ride complete without a hitch. Thank you!
Old 04-26-2009, 10:12 PM   #117
CaligoneTx
Forest Gnome Tour Guide

Bike(s):
Triumph 675r
Ducati 748
Hyosungs (250r + 650r)
Honda 900rr

And Im sorry I didn't say hi to many of you or some till Yankees...

From the moment we started staging I lost time and caught most of you coming in to the gas station but didn't have the opportunity to shake everyone's hand. Please forgive me for that, and thank you once again for sharing Coach's ride with us.
Old 04-26-2009, 10:33 PM   #118
houtex
Hit'n the track pipe

Experience: 1-3 months

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azylum View Post
just got back. it was a great turn out indeed and a great ride. that state trooper on 3090 looked awfully disappointed when he radared us at a mesely 60mph. cant wait to see the pics and videos!
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlipSideUp View Post
He got me, though! Got out with just a warning.
Quote:
Originally Posted by chase View Post
Great ride up until the sheriff and dps officer on 3090

But THANKS to Squoddy and Wayne for keeping me out of jail!

I wanna show that sheriff what 'evading arrest' looks like
Out of our group of 7 or so, me and Flip got warnings and I got a citation for expired insurance when my insurance card was sitting on my desk! Doh!

Anyway, I blame it on Ken "Guitarman" for taking off and leaving the noob (me) behind. I tried to play catchup and came over that hill at 83 mph and Ken, and Brandi (Squoddy) are tapping the tops of their lids even though me and Flip were already over the hill and Mr. DPS waves them on and points to me and Flip to pull over. LOL. Its all good though.

It was my first group ride, first forest ride and I had a great time honoring CoachDave (even tho I never met the man).

My thanks to all of MH riders I met and to our group of 7 (led by Guitarman and followed up by Meaner-n-You) for getting us back from Yankees.

Thanks also to everyone involved in organizing the ride and the massive support to pull it off. Bravo!

I look forward to the next ride
houtex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2009, 10:36 PM   #119
brisingr23
This place has the Gheyz!

Experience: 2 years
the r6 that was dropped at yankee's was was mine. only thing that i can say is that when i went to put my foot down on the right side the ground was too far away. oh well. no damage was done to myself or my ride.
brisingr23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2009, 11:10 PM   #120
CaligoneTx
Forest Gnome Tour Guide

Bike(s):
Triumph 675r
Ducati 748
Hyosungs (250r + 650r)
Honda 900rr

Explanation

There are many that have been asking outside the close motogroups about the circumstances and exactly what happened that day.

There was a rider's meeting addressing safe rules for riding(no passing in corners, etc) and gear requirement.

CoachDave was estatic about the bonnets and brought us to fields of them(see his thread w the pics.) Those roads also open the opportunity for us to get out and stretch our legs. The prior day some of us ran up to TWS (Texas World Speedway), got pumped up on that ride and parade laps. We came back and visited Kim for her BDay w her and Dave's friends/family in the evening.

Sunday we all grouped together and a casual ride became more and more spirited. Before running 3090 we all regrouped at the Anderson Shell where four of us chose to split and go to Yankees as the remainder of the group continued on their planned route. Coach wanted to go up 149, turn left on 3090 and do a U turn when we reach 447 instead of taking 30 down to 447 and running 3090 straight.

We were led by him through 149; at he 3090 junction he stopped for his group and the vehicles that were with us(two vehicles w families for pictures w the bonnets.) My group I led continued our spirited ride within no time and left CoachDave's group on 3090. On our return we switched and I ran in the back since we were all working on body position. We rode up on the incident.

Coach recently switched from his Corsa's to BT016s to a new tire on the rear; BT021. He is the ONLY person I know that has bubblegum on the sides of his tires on a street bike only(heavier bike needs to lean more in the same corner to compensate for the weight to maintain the same speed as others; and yes, Coach did slide on his seat.)

Coach was making his way back up to lead the group and came hot into a corner. Of the members that were there they said it looked like the rear began to slide around.

For respect I'll lastly comment the only part that was moved was his leg to tie it off(already done by the time we got there in my group.) We could not have known the damage he already sustained. The ambulance was on scene within minutes.

The impact the Dave made was seen today in this ride; may this be a reminder of the risks we take when swinging our leg over the bike. There is important knowledge to be gained by any experience. Dave knew these roads very well, dont consider that a safety blanket when you ride. All it takes is a series of unfortunate events that usually happens within a short period of time.

Lastly, I would just like to personally add to a few people that have spoken to me and feel a sort of blame that they should have been there... We didn't know, nor could we have ever guessed. My last word from Dave was through helmets... "Man if we go 149 its just as fast if we turn around as going that whole other way around." To which I nodded. Last thing I did with Dave was throw up the deuce as he stopped for his group and we rode on.

Hooligan already planned to lead 3090 the day prior. I was in the front the whole ride and only saw headlights; I was impacted when I stopped at 447 and sat through 100 bikes passing me. I thought it was done but it was only a split; another 40 some came strolling through followed by the cars. I sat back at that intersection for a few minutes before I rode down to the family to Dave's corner which I hadnt been since that day. It was my honor to lead the family back up through 3090. Thank you for giving us the opportunity Pattersons.

Love you Dave, thank you for finding us and sharing.

Advertisement