MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > Safety Corner > Gear Talk
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 04-23-2009, 04:44 PM   #1
awokenracer
california destined

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 3 years
Trackdays: 4

Bike(s):
None :(

Thumbs down Ronksl Suits on EBAY =

I bought this black and white 1-piece suit 2 months ago from an Ebay store called Ronksl. They ask for every single measurment and you can choose from a number of designs and colors schemes. I thought to myself, ", $370 US dollars for a custom suit is pretty badass!" WRONG! I got the suit back for the UK after 3 weeks from the day I ordered it. It looked pretty sweet but the fitment was just all off.

The only thing they got right was the shoulders and my waist. I am 6'2" weighing at 150lbs and this suit is meant for a 6'5" with a big ol' booty. Also, the back hump serves no ventilation purpose nor do the paddings serve to protect you from a hardcore wipeout.

I was desperate to get to the track so I ordered this $370 "custom made" suit. Ive done 2 trackdays now and I feel super UNCOMFORTABLE. The knee sliders sit too low. And its like I'm wearing MC Hammer's pants. BTW I had a suit taylor measure me and I double checked his numbers.

DO NOT ORDER FROM RONKSL! You will regret it.

Having said that, does anybody know the number to Jessie's alteration near Motorcycles Unlimited? Ive searched the forums but no number. Also, how much would a full alteration cost? I don't have money for even a rank Thomas suit and even if I did I would rather spend it on trackdays. Help will be much appreciated!
awokenracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
How to ! TomballD How To's and Q & A's 8 03-25-2010 11:54 AM
How to at Work gunshotwound Off Topic 11 11-10-2009 08:52 AM
do you think clearly during or after a ? tonyt915 Off Topic 32 08-27-2009 07:30 PM
1slocbr Off Topic 81 12-13-2008 05:40 AM
the scoop on ! Petro Off Topic 10 05-16-2006 09:13 PM
Advertisement
Old 04-23-2009, 04:47 PM   #2
HoustonGixxer

Feedback Rating: (17)

Experience: 8 years
Trackdays: 10+

Member Garage

WIth a name like Ronksl, I would never buy from them. THey just sound shady!
HoustonGixxer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 04:50 PM   #3
maxgs

Member Garage

Talk to Jol at Cat Walk Leather. She's a great lady that has been making custom leathers in europe for years before coming to the usa. She works near the woodlands.

Jol @ 936-520-1632

http://catwalkleather.com/

info@catwalkleather.com
Old 04-23-2009, 04:53 PM   #4
awokenracer
california destined

Bike(s):

Sweet! Thank you Curt! BTW I was riding behind you for a bit in MSRH last sunday and you're freekin quick! Then you totally lost me on the straights -_-
Old 04-23-2009, 04:56 PM   #5
maxgs

Member Garage

Which level? I might have you on video. I was filming in novice, intermediate and advanced.
Old 04-23-2009, 05:00 PM   #6
awokenracer
california destined

Bike(s):

I was in Intermediate. Although I dont post much Ive been reading the racers lounge for like 6 months now. Haha as soon as you passed me I was like "ooo what thaaa... its Maxgs!... hes fast!"
Old 04-23-2009, 06:53 PM   #7
dusanmandic

Feedback Rating: (0)

did u wake up one day and say hey im a racer???? huh did u mr frodo?
dusanmandic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 07:05 PM   #8
awokenracer
california destined

Bike(s):

why yes i did! You wish you had my Frodo feet sukka!
Old 04-24-2009, 05:43 PM   #9
dusanmandic

Feedback Rating: (0)

but ya as far as the suit dont ever buy one he looks like he has a full diper walking around
dusanmandic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 08:01 PM   #10
maxgs

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by awokenracer View Post
I was in Intermediate. Although I dont post much Ive been reading the racers lounge for like 6 months now. Haha as soon as you passed me I was like "ooo what thaaa... its Maxgs!... hes fast!"
Well, I should have you on video then. I was picking folks out and following them for a lap or so, and then moving on to the next rider. They will be up pretty soon.

Advertisement