MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 02-20-2006, 04:32 PM   #21
redrocker

Feedback Rating: (0)

Bike(s):
2007 GSXR 600

Thieves!!!!!! That sucks I can relate I have had a car stolen it sucks !!!! Man after reading on here all the bikes that are stolen around here it made me get full coverage today!!!! I would not want to pay on a bike I did not have anymore!!!!! I am just down the road from you in League city I hope you get it back!!!
redrocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
stolen bike joeburt1 Stolen Bike Reports 12 11-22-2014 04:45 PM
Sweet end to a stolen bike story-stolen in 1967 grsa General Discussion (Moto Related) 1 11-05-2013 11:09 PM
What do you do if your bike is stolen from a local bike shop? Longdraw General Discussion (Moto Related) 53 06-14-2011 09:44 AM
STOLEN BIKE!!! vmaxgirl Stolen Bike Reports 209 03-08-2010 03:24 PM
stolen bike norcalgixxer General Discussion (Moto Related) 57 08-08-2008 09:22 PM
Advertisement
Old 02-20-2006, 06:35 PM   #22
bandit

Redrocker, you dont go anywhere for it to get stolen!!!!!!!!!!!!!
bandit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2006, 06:45 PM   #23
ScooterTrash
ConroePowderCoating.com

Feedback Rating: (3)

Bike(s):
lots of em

Quote:
Originally Posted by bandit
Redrocker, you dont go anywhere for it to get stolen!!!!!!!!!!!!!
cool avatar

[QUOTE=Mr.D;2764337]
I respect scootertrash because well... He's like the Jesus of building and fixing .
[/QUOTE]
ScooterTrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2006, 07:16 PM   #24
BigC
AKA Big Daddy

Experience: 7 years

Bike(s):
88"HURRICANE 1000 ( crashed ) / 98"Z-71 1500 4x4 / 06" Nissan Sentra Spec - V 6 Speed / ZX-7 Ninja

Yeah man - that really sux. I'm praying you get your bike back, no one that is morally good deserves that. Death to all thieves.
BigC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2006, 08:27 PM   #25
speedismo
OCD for speed

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScooterTrash
how does one get financed and then not have to show proof of full coverage for their financer?
financed ones anyway HAVE TO get full. i m saying rest should get at least theft

Travelomy:Simplify your travel.
speedismo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2006, 08:28 PM   #26
seaotter

Hey guys, I'm the guy with the stolen bike. Here is what I just posted on R1 Forum. Thanks guys, I'll keep ya'll updated.

Thanks guys for all the replies, it means alot to me. I've learned today that I could have had theft insurance without having to carry full coverage.........too late now. I'm gonna be fine, not gonna let these punks get me down. I do find it strange that it vanished right after I had her serviced, and yes they have my address as well. I'm by no means pointing blame at the dealership but it is something I'm going to have auto theft look into. I'm calling them back tomorrow to keep stressing my point. I had the service done at the Yamaha shop off of NASA RD 1. Again, I'm not pointing blame at them, but it is all I got to go off of. I had HPD come over and try to pull prints off my sway bar that I took off my stang, the crooks threw it outta their way. They coulnd't get anything, dam bar was too greasy. Anyways, thanks for spreading the word and please post this everywhere ya like. I'm gonna miss the bike community, it's always nice to have friends that are total strangers. If you guys see a big dummy on a moped soon wearing Joe Rocket gear, don't laugh, just throw up a hand.

UPDATE:
NC PLATES 3D4923
MILEAGE: 5,327 (when at the dealership)

**Guys, I also have a few pictures of her on page 3 of my cardomain page.

Thanks for the support fellas.

99 GT aka "silver streak"

03 R1 *stolen 18 FEB 06*

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2228404

Last edited by seaotter; 02-20-2006 at 08:42 PM.
seaotter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2006, 08:35 PM   #27
ScooterTrash
ConroePowderCoating.com

Bike(s):
lots of em

Quote:
Originally Posted by seaotter
Hey guys, I'm the guy with the stolen bike. Here is what I just posted on R1 Forum. Thanks guys, I'll keep ya'll updated.

Thanks guys for all the replies, it means alot to me. I've learned today that I could have had theft insurance without having to carry full coverage.........too late now. I'm gonna be fine, not gonna let these punks get me down. I do find it strange that it vanished right after I had her serviced, and yes they have my address as well. I'm by no means pointing blame at the dealership but it is something I'm going to have auto theft look into. I'm calling them back tomorrow to keep stressing my point. I had the service done at the Yamaha shop off of NASA RD 1. Again, I'm not pointing blame at them, but it is all I got to go off of. I had HPD come over and try to pull prints off my sway bar that I took off my stang, the crooks threw it outta their way. They coulnd't get anything, dam bar was too greasy. Anyways, thanks for spreading the word and please post this everywhere ya like. I'm gonna miss the bike community, it's always nice to have friends that are total strangers. If you guys see a big dummy on a moped soon wearing Joe Rocket gear, don't laugh, just throw up a hand.

UPDATE:
NC PLATES 3D4923
MILEAGE: 5,327 (when at the dealership)

Thanks for the support fellas.
we will be on the lookout.
follow up with the apartment complex for their liability of telling you no security locks or chains on the bikes, contact an attorney for advice.

in la, on another forum i visit, their were a bunch of HD nighttrains being heisted, and again, after they were serviced. they found it to be employees at the dealer with codes for new keys etc etc,

[QUOTE=Mr.D;2764337]
I respect scootertrash because well... He's like the Jesus of building and fixing .
[/QUOTE]
Old 02-20-2006, 08:45 PM   #28
seaotter

Amazing.....you just never know. I'm trying to find a lawer to speak with tomorrow to see what I can do. I'm for sure going to speak with Auto Theft about this. I just don't know what to say, it's tough.

03 R1 *stolen 18 FEB 06*

Old 02-21-2006, 09:29 AM   #29
redrocker

Bike(s):
2007 GSXR 600

Bandit you know how the little women is!!!! She just kept about it so I did it to shut her up!!!! That is pretty cheap for me not to have to worry about it!!! I would be if something happened and I still had to pay for it!!! And i am staying on the down low until I get the full DL!!!
redrocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2006, 09:33 AM   #30
ninjaxx
rebmeM

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 4

Bike(s):
2005 GSX-R 600

Send a message via AIM to ninjaxx
i know suzuki an dhonda you dont need full coverage to fianance.. i dont have it either.. but i got a garage, and an alarm on it that is ear piercing..
Old 02-21-2006, 09:47 AM   #31
AliceInChains02

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):
nada

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScooterTrash
cool avatar
how's that?
AliceInChains02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2006, 10:35 AM   #32
Capt Penetrate
A view from my office

Experience: 6 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
06 R6 Track
07 R1 to pose

When it comes to me no attached garage means no bike.
Old 02-21-2006, 04:24 PM   #33
seaotter

waiting on a call back from the lawyer. Apartment complex pretty much said sorry so sad. Another dude on the other side of the complex has his bike latched up to the stairway where he lives. He must have heard of what happened to me and moved it off the street.

03 R1 *stolen 18 FEB 06*

Old 02-21-2006, 04:35 PM   #34
pumpin306
Let's Do This!!

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
2008 xl 1200c 105th anniv # 2722/3200
2002 FXDWG
02 Buell Blast (gone)
80 CB400 (gone)

Send a message via AIM to pumpin306 Send a message via Yahoo to pumpin306
, i know thart feeling, my dadhad his '97 softail custom ripped off from an I-hop at 11:30am back in '01 but lukcilly he had full coverage on it.

both my bike and my mustang never spend the night outside, and my bike (even though its old) has everything but collision on it, and i think it was only about 50 more a year, i couldnt pass that up
02 H-D FXDWG
pumpin306 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2006, 05:03 PM   #35
seaotter

Good looking stang you got there. I messed up with the insurance thing. I will never do that again.

03 R1 *stolen 18 FEB 06*

Old 02-21-2006, 08:41 PM   #36
ScooterTrash
ConroePowderCoating.com

Bike(s):
lots of em

Quote:
Originally Posted by AliceInChains02
how's that?
bandits

[QUOTE=Mr.D;2764337]
[/QUOTE]
Old 02-21-2006, 08:43 PM   #37
ScooterTrash
ConroePowderCoating.com

Bike(s):
lots of em

Quote:
Originally Posted by seaotter
waiting on a call back from the lawyer. Apartment complex pretty much said sorry so sad. Another dude on the other side of the complex has his bike latched up to the stairway where he lives. He must have heard of what happened to me and moved it off the street.
of course they are gonna say so sorry, you expect they are gonna say, "no kidding, , heres 10k, our bad"

[QUOTE=Mr.D;2764337]
[/QUOTE]
Old 02-21-2006, 11:54 PM   #38
seaotter

Scooter, I wished they would have said that......you know what would get me in a good mood? kickin some and taking some names. Its all good, those guys will answer for their sins in the end.

03 R1 *stolen 18 FEB 06*

Old 02-22-2006, 06:54 PM   #39
seaotter

Well, spoke with a lawyer and it looks like a tough case they said. I could win or I'd be out $3000 in fee's. I just can't take a chance of losing more money I don't have. Get this, the guy that made me take the chain off does not work there anymore and the complex stated that there never was a policy againest securing bikes or trailers to poles. I spoke to a trooper that lives here who took down all my info and told me he would do his best to help out. He also rides, and seems to be a pretty good guy so maybe he can help. This is total , I hope those thugs pay dearly. Later fellas.
Old 02-22-2006, 08:53 PM   #40
scratchmaster_J

Bike(s):
'02 GSX-R Streetfighter

I would have told them to kiss my , because they cant tell you you cant chain your bike to the post to a car port. Unless the carport where the bike was parked in was not yours but other than that you can park bicycle in there if you freaking feel like it. !
scratchmaster_J is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement