MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > Information > Events, Meets and Rides
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 04-21-2009, 09:19 AM   #1
xtc4us
GO DEEP!

Feedback Rating: (0)

Bike(s):
None:

Send a message via Yahoo to xtc4us
Cool HPD (Houston Performance Driving) Galveston Cruise! Sunday May 3rd.

S! MotoHouston Riders!

The time has come for the first HPD (Houston Performance Driving) Galveston cruise of 2009. The HPD Staff is looking to try to cruise the coast and eat lunch on Galveston Island. Hurricane IKE put the hammer down on Galveston during September of 2008. Since that time Galveston is struggling with economic recovery in an already difficult economic time. We are hoping this will allow us to cruise the island with out any backlash from Galveston PD who has not liked us being there in the past. The last 2 HPD G-Town cruises were broken up moments after getting to Cherry Hill (East Beach). This always throws a monkey-wrench into the return home cruise. However, it maybe time to try again.

Everyone is welcome to join HPD for a cruise to the south coast. You've seen the pics and vids of the famous HPD South Coast Cruises. Come hang out with Houston's most powerful street machines. Both Import and Domestic cars, trucks, and sport bikes. [Ex] such as C5s, C6s, Z06s, Vipers, Supras, Cobras, Saleens, GTs, Ford GTs, P-Cars, Mercedes/AMGs, BMWs/M-Power Cars, Mini Coopers, Camaro Z28s/SSs, T/As, WRX STIs, EVOs, SRT 4s,8s,10s, Lightnings, G35s/37s, 350 Zs, GTOs, and maybe a few exotics. HPD always keeps it's cruises RICE FREE. That goes for Asian, Euro, and Uncle Ben's!

*Vids* from other HPD G-Town Cruises:

G-Town 2006:

G-Town 2007:

G-Town 2007 #2:

I. Outline:

- Northsiders will rally up off of 59 North in the Kingwood area. The north group will rally up with the south group off of 45 South @ Alameda Mall. Once the two groups have combined and safety briefs are concluded. The cruise will head to Galveston Island. Once on Galveston Island the group will stop at Salas's Mexican and Seafood Restaurant on the Sea Wall. There will be a reservation made for our entire group. If you do not wish to eat at Salas's please feel free to eat where ever you like. 2 hours later everyone will meet back up at Cherry Hill (east Beach) for about 1 hour. This will allow pics, vids, and others to meet back up with the main body.

Hurricane IKE has damaged the Bluewater Highway that has made it impassable. We will head to G-Town directly on Interstate 45. This is not our traditional route through Surfside Beach. Please keep that in mind.

II. Cruise Gear:

- Full tank of gas.
- Driver's licence.
- Insurance card.
- 2 way walkie. (This is a must! You will not know what is going on during the cruise. Best way to keep informed!)
- Lunch $$$.
- Sunglasses.
- Camera.
- Hot female copilot.
- GPS.
- Positive attitude.
- Respect for Imports and Domestics.

III. North Side and South Side Rally Points: Times and Locations.

- North Side Rally Point: Meet time is 11AM w/ roll out @ Noon! Location is 59 North @ North Park Plaza in Kingwood. The massive parking lot is: just past Kingwood Dr going 59 North service road. Look RIGHT and look for the cars. If you pass North Park Dr you've gone too far.

MAP LINK: http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&ll=3...06866&t=h&z=17

- South Side Rally Point: Meet time is 12:15PM w/ roll out just after 1PM! Location is 45 South @ Alameda Mall. The parking lost is located on the SE corner of the Mall between Almeda-Genoa and Fuqua. Park away from the mall. Park has close to the 45 South service road as you can.

MAP LINK: http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&ll=2...03433&t=h&z=18

IV. Safety Brief:

- This will be a 110% SAFE Cruise! Please do not drive outside of your ability. We have all spent tons of $ and wrench time on getting our rides where they are. Please respect every one's property and each other. Unsafe driving will not be tolerated during the cruise. If HPD Staff gets reports of unsafe driving, it will be reported to me. Staff will talk privately with the driver in question. If after your 1st warning you continue to be unsafe and show-off. Staff will ask you to leave the cruise.

- Seat belts @ all times. It's the LAW so Staff does don't have to explain it.

- Please control your passengers. Your passengers behavior reflects on you. If passenger are found to be unsafe. The same rules apply to passages about being unsafe and will be warned.

- ZERO RACING! It's simple! There will be a zero tolerance policy for racing. This is a cruise and not a fun run. There is nothing wrong with little pop of the gas for sound, or keeping in cruise formation. However, that is where spirited driving ends. Do not test the HPD Staff please.

V. Questions or Concerns:

- If you have any question please post them here or PM (xtc4us) and will get your answers ASAP.

VI. Roll Call!

Please click the link if you plan on making the G-Town Cruise!
http://www.houstonperformancedriving...-5-3&e=574&c=1

Thank you!

HPD Staff.

Houston Performance Driving.com (HPD)
xtc4us is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Houston Performance Driving Cruise-In & Meet @ Twin Peaks Sunday July 27th! xtc4us Events, Meets and Rides 8 07-26-2014 11:25 PM
Houston Performance Driving Cruise-In to Twin Peaks (The Woodlands) Sunday 4/27/14. xtc4us Events, Meets and Rides 19 04-27-2014 11:35 AM
MD Anderson Toy Drive @ Coffee & Cars Dec 3rd Hosted by Houston Performance Driving. xtc4us Events, Meets and Rides 0 11-08-2011 10:36 AM
HPD - Houston Performance Driving Cruise to Galveston 4/13/08. (Sunday)* xtc4us Events, Meets and Rides 64 04-17-2008 11:38 AM
Who is going to the HPD Galveston cruise on Sunday? SexualChocolate Off Topic 67 03-01-2007 11:39 AM
Advertisement
Old 04-21-2009, 09:27 AM   #2
sbfuller
the crotch-rocketeer!

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
2006 Hayabusa (totaled)2007 Hayabusa, 2004 CRF 50

they say no ricers allowed... then why is there a mitubishi eclipse... and Vw jetta... didn't watch the rest of the video. and then later it says please have respect for imports and domsetics...imports are typically the name for the ricers. are toyota supra's not considered ricers? an acura integra... a dodge neon...

Last edited by sbfuller; 04-21-2009 at 09:31 AM.
sbfuller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2009, 09:32 AM   #3
Gryphin
09 r1!

Feedback Rating: (9)

Experience: 4 years
Trackdays: 2

Bike(s):
09 Yamaha R1
06 Ninja ZX-6R (RIP)

Member Garage

Send a message via AIM to Gryphin
wuzzup curt! i got a new toy to come out and play with this time around lol looking forward to seeing that sexy vette of yours!
Old 04-21-2009, 09:33 AM   #4
ThomAss
I like to ride

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
07 CBR1000rr
06 CBR1000rr
05 CRF450r
09 Ruckus

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtc4us View Post
Everyone is welcome to join HPD for a cruise to the south coast. You've seen the pics and vids of the famous HPD South Coast Cruises. Come hang out with Houston's most powerful street machines. Both Import and Domestic cars, trucks, and sport bikes. [Ex] such as C5s, C6s, Z06s, Vipers, Supras, Cobras, Saleens, GTs, Ford GTs, P-Cars, Mercedes/AMGs, BMWs/M-Power Cars, Mini Coopers, Camaro Z28s/SSs, T/As, WRX STIs, EVOs, SRT 4s,8s,10s, Lightnings, G35s/37s, 350 Zs, GTOs, and maybe a few exotics. HPD always keeps it's cruises RICE FREE. That goes for Asian, Euro, and Uncle Ben's!
What's Uncle Ben???
Old 04-21-2009, 09:44 AM   #5
klassik

Feedback Rating: (2)

Bike(s):
rnz450

he means the guy that throws on everything he can finda at autozone on his civic hatch lol
Old 04-21-2009, 09:45 AM   #6
cdill35

Feedback Rating: (5)

Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2014 Phoenix 921 Pro XP w/ Merc 250 ProXS
11 Yam Zuma 125
Specialized Stumpy

Did this one year. Pretty cool..drive defensively if you are on a bike. Also, be prepared to be gone all day.
cdill35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2009, 09:45 AM   #7
klassik

Bike(s):
rnz450

i went on the last one on my bike. it was fun. lots of really nice cars. definatly rice free. lol
Old 04-21-2009, 09:47 AM   #8
JRxGRUBZx

Experience: 2 years

Bike(s):
O-six six durty six (r.i.p)
07 zx6r (rip)
o-five six durty six (rip)
01 f4i - yes yes im a trader .

wheelies?
JRxGRUBZx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2009, 09:53 AM   #9
klassik

Bike(s):
rnz450

noooooooooo!!!!. it was cool to do once. but i dont think i would do it again. too many cars not enough bikes. if i had a nice car i would go. but they filled up some very big parking lots with cars. and we filled up a few spot so it was kinda scary. the highlight was when a civic hit a viper or something then tried to run lol. the viper caught him
Old 04-21-2009, 11:20 AM   #10
Bevo
Hook 'em!

Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
'12 CBR1000RR Red/Black
'14 CB1000R Matte Gray
'10 CBR1000RR (destroyed)
'09 CBR1000RR C-ABS (sold)
'09 CBR600RR C-ABS (sold)

Member Garage

Wrong ****ing forum
Bevo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2009, 12:30 PM   #11
Sassy Chassis
Not a value-added poster

Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2015 Ducati Monster 821

<--- riceR
Sassy Chassis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2009, 12:40 PM   #12
Bevo
Hook 'em!

Bike(s):
'12 CBR1000RR Red/Black
'14 CB1000R Matte Gray

Member Garage

This post is about as smart as going to a NAACP forum, inviting everyone to a party with a disclaimer that it's African-American FREE
Old 04-21-2009, 12:42 PM   #13
ThomAss
I like to ride

Experience: 1-3 months

Bike(s):
07 CBR1000rr
06 CBR1000rr
05 CRF450r
09 Ruckus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bevo View Post
This post is about as smart as going to a NAACP forum, inviting everyone to a party with a disclaimer that it's African-American FREE
You can come but you have to be white.
Old 04-21-2009, 01:13 PM   #14
bluewave18
Safety Third

Bike(s):
08 Busa
03 XR 50

whats wrong with the post. Im kinda interested. Some people here have one of more cars that would fit right in with this event.
bluewave18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2009, 01:24 PM   #15
gtdrivr
Al Gore lied to me.

Bike(s):
CBR954 arrrr arrrr

Quote:
Wrong ****ing forum
Whoa..no bashing Troy or HPD, noob. They are good people and always support our causes.

Plus, there are a decent amount of us who love cars AND bikes that are on both sites.

Riding the back roads of heaven.

gtdrivr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2009, 01:28 PM   #16
klassik

Bike(s):
rnz450

Quote:
Wrong ****ing forum
they want bikes to come out
Old 04-21-2009, 01:37 PM   #17
xtc4us
GO DEEP!

Bike(s):
None:

Send a message via Yahoo to xtc4us
Quote:
Hey Champ, we always invite MotoHouston out to the HPD G-Town Runs. There is always a good # of bikes that come out. Proly 20-30 bikes, so I'm a little confused on what your problem is? MH has always supported our cruises so thank you come again. The same "lingo" about being "rice free" has always been a trade mark of HPD cruises. I mean come on do a search of the threads...

I know this Yahoo does not speak for the MH forum. Still we hope to have a lot of you with on the run.

Best wishes.

Troy - HPD Staff.

Houston Performance Driving.com (HPD)
xtc4us is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2009, 04:30 PM   #18
Bevo
Hook 'em!

Bike(s):
'12 CBR1000RR Red/Black
'14 CB1000R Matte Gray

Member Garage

Quote:
The same "lingo" about being "rice free" has always been a trade mark of HPD cruises.
Oh, now that you put it that way...I feel welcome
Old 04-21-2009, 06:30 PM   #19
SpeedCheeser
and whiskey

Experience: 2 years

Bike(s):
thieves

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbfuller View Post
they say no ricers allowed... then why is there a mitubishi eclipse... and Vw jetta... didn't watch the rest of the video. and then later it says please have respect for imports and domsetics...imports are typically the name for the ricers. are toyota supra's not considered ricers? an acura integra... a dodge neon...
They mean people who rice their cars out...not necessarily an import in general. It's possible to fix up an import in a respectable way. They mean more people who are ricing them out by cutting springs, using fart cans hanging from the car, "upgrades" from the tuner isle at Pep-Boys, etc. or people with the ricer mentality.

Quote:
Originally Posted by klassik View Post
noooooooooo!!!!. it was cool to do once. but i dont think i would do it again. too many cars not enough bikes. if i had a nice car i would go. but they filled up some very big parking lots with cars. and we filled up a few spot so it was kinda scary. the highlight was when a civic hit a viper or something then tried to run lol. the viper caught him
Lol, it was a BMW. Forget what model...thing it was the m-coupe hatchback thing. But yeah, you forgot the best part...the ricer civic plowed into him at the intersection leaving the parking lot from the starting point! Didn't even get to start the cruise. Then the tried to run while 200+ people are there to witness it. They caught him though...think he went to jail that night.

But yeah, these cruises are a lot of fun. I think I'll be in the car i I go though...don't know if I have enough experience to make it on the bike.

Quote:
Wrong ****ing forum
Fail...not to be rude, but yeah, he was asking for bikes to come out. And there are plenty of people on this forum who still love cars, like myself for one. But Troy is pretty cool...he's good people. The cruises are a good time.
SpeedCheeser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2009, 07:42 PM   #20
Bevo
Hook 'em!

Bike(s):
'12 CBR1000RR Red/Black
'14 CB1000R Matte Gray

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedCheeser View Post
Fail...not to be rude, but yeah, he was asking for bikes to come out. And there are plenty of people on this forum who still love cars, like myself for one. But Troy is pretty cool...he's good people. The cruises are a good time.
Yea, I love cars too. I even own one, but this forum feels like home to me and a post that promotes a RICE FREE event doesn't make me feel welcome in my own home. I'm gonna go way out on a limb here and state that most of the posters here have Japanese bikes, and certainly the overwhelming majority own imports. I don't think I can be any more clear than that. I have no problem with the poster, just the post

Advertisement