MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > Taking it to the Track
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.


Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Reply
Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 04-28-2009, 08:56 AM   #41
gixxerbill
Senior Member
 
gixxerbill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: North Corpus Christi
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 6,495

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
K5 GSXR 1000
2008 Goldwing 1832 cc
Bourget Low Blow Chopper







Quote:
Originally Posted by Buck Beasley View Post
Thanks for the shot of the new leathers and lid! And Amy says thanks for her pic too. Probably be ready to go at it again late May.

Is that 8 ball helmet yours? And when did Amy start riding? How many trackdays has she done. Are you concerned about her riding? I would love my wife to ride but she makes me nervous watching her ride dirtbikes even though she is cute as heck when she does it.
__________________
Sifu tz is the ultimate poser. He post on motohouston without owning a bike and he posts the corvette forum without owning a vette.... = LOSER!
gixxerbill is online now   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Take me and my bike to MSRH this SUNDAY! hotcknstrips General Discussion (Moto Related) 5 04-24-2012 10:28 AM
MSRH This sunday??? trumindgame Taking it to the Track 5 09-29-2010 04:22 PM
Riding down to MSRH on sunday Intermission Events, Meets and Rides 20 03-29-2009 10:27 AM
sunday 11/30 msrh... need help!! blends Taking it to the Track 14 11-29-2008 01:30 PM
Two spots for Sunday MSRH Buck Beasley Taking it to the Track 21 05-07-2008 07:48 AM
Advertisement
Old 04-28-2009, 10:02 AM   #42
07SLVRCBR
October '08 BOTM
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Friendswood
Feedback Rating: (4)
Posts: 4,064

Experience: 1-3 months

Bike(s):
2007 CBR1000RR









Bill, watching your SO ride is a double-edged sword. It can be very gratifying but very painful. I'd recommend getting her out on the track and following her around. If there's room, I'm sure TTD/Ride Smart/LSTD would allow you to ride the novice group to watch her.

I'd suggest that you'd be very happy with that once the day was done.
__________________
Support your site sponsors!!

See ya @ the track!
07SLVRCBR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 11:24 AM   #43
MadMax143
Senior Member
 
MadMax143's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Chilton,WI (now)
Feedback Rating: (1)
Posts: 117

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
A bunch of F2/F3s.









8 ball helmet is my buddy Nick (LegacyRacing) on this board.
MadMax143 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 04:32 PM   #44
legacyracing
Live for the moment
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 24

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
Honda's, Harley, Suzuki's, Yamaha and 3x MZ150TS









yep thats me with the yello f4 (i am looking to buy all sorts race parts for it if anyone knows of any) and my old 8 ball helmet. It was great to be back on the track after so long away. Can't wait till next time.



Buck...did you get those smokes i left you?
legacyracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 04:41 PM   #45
GrayJ
Do a barrel roll!
 
GrayJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Victoria, Tx
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 1,403


Bike(s):
2004 SV650
1998 Shadow 1100
2005 CRF450R tard
2007 CRF50
Yamaha PW 50






Quote:
Originally Posted by legacyracing View Post
yep thats me with the yello f4 (i am looking to buy all sorts race parts for it if anyone knows of any) and my old 8 ball helmet. It was great to be back on the track after so long away. Can't wait till next time.



Buck...did you get those smokes i left you?
Hey I met ya out there this weekend, was there when the MSR guy came over freaking out about being in there early on Friday

I had the red ninja that you thought was a 500, I know it's on video somewhere
GrayJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 04:42 PM   #46
gixxerbill
Senior Member
 
gixxerbill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: North Corpus Christi
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 6,495

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
K5 GSXR 1000
2008 Goldwing 1832 cc
Bourget Low Blow Chopper







Quote:
Originally Posted by 07SLVRCBR View Post
Bill, watching your SO ride is a double-edged sword. It can be very gratifying but very painful. I'd recommend getting her out on the track and following her around. If there's room, I'm sure TTD/Ride Smart/LSTD would allow you to ride the novice group to watch her.

I'd suggest that you'd be very happy with that once the day was done.
Yea, I guess it matter if you have been getting along or fighting. So does your ole lady ride?

So which one is Buck?
__________________
Sifu tz is the ultimate poser. He post on motohouston without owning a bike and he posts the corvette forum without owning a vette.... = LOSER!
gixxerbill is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 05:15 PM   #47
07SLVRCBR
October '08 BOTM
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Friendswood
Feedback Rating: (4)
Posts: 4,064

Experience: 1-3 months

Bike(s):
2007 CBR1000RR









Quote:
Originally Posted by gixxerbill View Post
Yea, I guess it matter if you have been getting along or fighting. So does your ole lady ride?

So which one is Buck?
I'm trying to get her to do trackdays, but not quite yet. I will be thrilled to see her going round/round.

Buck is on the black 07 600RR.
__________________
Support your site sponsors!!

See ya @ the track!
07SLVRCBR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 08:10 PM   #48
Candie
Senior Member
 
Candie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Feedback Rating: (1)
Posts: 10,148

Experience: 9 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2013 Ninja 300
07 CBR 600RR (sold)
09 Ninja 250 (sold)
04 CBR 600RR (sold)
04 GSXR 600 (sold)



Quote:
Originally Posted by 07SLVRCBR View Post
Bill, watching your SO ride is a double-edged sword. It can be very gratifying but very painful. I'd recommend getting her out on the track and following her around. If there's room, I'm sure TTD/Ride Smart/LSTD would allow you to ride the novice group to watch her.

That is not a good idea! Bubby and I don't ride in the same group most of the time! Main reason is he get offened when I pass him! But seriously, it really isn't a good idea. Neither one of you will be 100% focused on riding because you will be worried about the other one! And forbide if one of you were to go down, it is hard a heck not to stop and check on your s/o and that is a big NO NO. Last thing the EMS folks need is a frantic s/o getting in the way. Believe me Bubby and I have always done track together and I still don't like to ride the same session as him and neither does he.
__________________
If people do not like you then they will not like your .
Candie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 08:27 PM   #49
Candie
Senior Member
 
Candie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Feedback Rating: (1)
Posts: 10,148

Experience: 9 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2013 Ninja 300
07 CBR 600RR (sold)
09 Ninja 250 (sold)
04 CBR 600RR (sold)
04 GSXR 600 (sold)



..
__________________
If people do not like you then they will not like your .
Candie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 08:31 PM   #50
BrutusTx
Guest
 
Posts: n/a







Member Garage





Quote:
Originally Posted by Candie View Post
That is not a good idea! Bubby and I don't ride in the same group most of the time! Main reason is he get offened when I pass him! But seriously, it really isn't a good idea. Neither one of you will be 100% focused on riding because you will be worried about the other one! And forbide if one of you were to go down, it is hard a heck not to stop and check on your s/o and that is a big NO NO. Last thing the EMS folks need is a frantic s/o getting in the way. Believe me Bubby and I have always done track together and I still don't like to ride the same session as him and neither does he.
+1

Can't imagine trying to stay focused on what I'm doing with the S/O out there at the same time.
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 08:37 PM   #51
Buck Beasley
Older,Wiser,Faster
 
Buck Beasley's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Kemah, Texas
Feedback Rating: (2)
Posts: 2,446

Experience: 10+ years


'05 Suzuki SV 650,


'04 Vespa 150

Member Garage





Send a message via Yahoo to Buck Beasley
Bill, Amy has been riding for years, only occational can she sneak off to the track with me. But she'll be there more now that she's diggin' the SV. THe whole family is riding now on the dirt, it is easier to watch Amy ride than Tristan for sure. As for being on the track together, we only do it in small groups due to the speed diferential. She is VERY smooth, but I guess she gets her 'No Brakes" style form me so she sests up REALLY early. Did get to see her make a good save in the Diamonds edge dragin' her pegs. She scared herself more than me so its all good in the Beasley Family.
I'd love to have a "S/O" trackday to get all the married or seriously commited folks out to ride with eachother. It's great fun and makes her really !!! IF that isn't a reason to ride with your s/o..............
__________________
CCS expert # 13
CMRA expert #413
Get off the keyboard and on your bike for a change...
Buck Beasley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 09:22 PM   #52
07SLVRCBR
October '08 BOTM
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Friendswood
Feedback Rating: (4)
Posts: 4,064

Experience: 1-3 months

Bike(s):
2007 CBR1000RR









Quote:
Originally Posted by Candie View Post
That is not a good idea! Bubby and I don't ride in the same group most of the time! Main reason is he get offened when I pass him! But seriously, it really isn't a good idea. Neither one of you will be 100% focused on riding because you will be worried about the other one! And forbide if one of you were to go down, it is hard a heck not to stop and check on your s/o and that is a big NO NO. Last thing the EMS folks need is a frantic s/o getting in the way. Believe me Bubby and I have always done track together and I still don't like to ride the same session as him and neither does he.
I understand where you're coming from, but I can't say that I agree.

It's difficult for me to verbalize, but I think we'd do fine.

Hopefully some day I can get her out there and see. I'd definitely watch the first couple NOV sessions from the fence. Maybe follow her around in a p.m. session or 2.

I'd like for her to go under your tutelage. I was very impressed with the progression of "your ladies" last TD @ MSR-H.
__________________
Support your site sponsors!!

See ya @ the track!
07SLVRCBR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 09:49 PM   #53
Candie
Senior Member
 
Candie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Feedback Rating: (1)
Posts: 10,148

Experience: 9 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2013 Ninja 300
07 CBR 600RR (sold)
09 Ninja 250 (sold)
04 CBR 600RR (sold)
04 GSXR 600 (sold)



Quote:
Originally Posted by 07SLVRCBR View Post
I understand where you're coming from, but I can't say that I agree.

It's difficult for me to verbalize, but I think we'd do fine.

Hopefully some day I can get her out there and see. I'd definitely watch the first couple NOV sessions from the fence. Maybe follow her around in a p.m. session or 2.

I'd like for her to go under your tutelage. I was very impressed with the progression of "your ladies" last TD @ MSR-H.
Well you know yourself and your S/O best, so in the end it is your decision. I just base my opinions on my and Bubby's experiences. It would be awesome to get more couples out there together riding and it would be very cool to have a couples only trackday! Buck you are the man to make it happen for sure!
__________________
If people do not like you then they will not like your .
Candie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 06:56 AM   #54
07SLVRCBR
October '08 BOTM
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Friendswood
Feedback Rating: (4)
Posts: 4,064

Experience: 1-3 months

Bike(s):
2007 CBR1000RR









Quote:
Originally Posted by Candie View Post
it would be very cool to have a couples only trackday! Buck you are the man to make it happen for sure!
Hells yeah!!

Both counts.
__________________
Support your site sponsors!!

See ya @ the track!
07SLVRCBR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 07:01 AM   #55
FastLine
Motorcycle School
 
FastLine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: MSRH GSS TWS (Texas World Speedway)
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 13,881

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
Instructing
Trackdays
Like
A
Boss






Quote:
Originally Posted by Buck Beasley View Post
Bill, Amy has been riding for years, only occational can she sneak off to the track with me. But she'll be there more now that she's diggin' the SV. THe whole family is riding now on the dirt, it is easier to watch Amy ride than Tristan for sure. As for being on the track together, we only do it in small groups due to the speed diferential. She is VERY smooth, but I guess she gets her 'No Brakes" style form me so she sests up REALLY early. Did get to see her make a good save in the Diamonds edge dragin' her pegs. She scared herself more than me so its all good in the Beasley Family.
I'd love to have a "S/O" trackday to get all the married or seriously commited folks out to ride with eachother. It's great fun and makes her really !!! IF that isn't a reason to ride with your s/o..............
wait till momma spits this young'en out, then we'll be out three together once more
FastLine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 04:49 PM   #56
gixxerbill
Senior Member
 
gixxerbill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: North Corpus Christi
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 6,495

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
K5 GSXR 1000
2008 Goldwing 1832 cc
Bourget Low Blow Chopper







Quote:
Originally Posted by Buck Beasley View Post
. It's great fun and makes her really !!! IF that isn't a reason to ride with your s/o..............
oh buck you sly dog I knew there was an alterier(sp) motive.
__________________
Sifu tz is the ultimate poser. He post on motohouston without owning a bike and he posts the corvette forum without owning a vette.... = LOSER!
gixxerbill is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Advertisement


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:08 PM.


MotoHouston.com is not responsible for the content posted by users.
Privacy Policy