Welcome back to us :/ Our hosts data center was down for the entire day.
MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > Cruisers Lounge
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 05-11-2010, 07:13 AM   #41
texasgiant815
The biggest on 2 wheels

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 2 years
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
07' GSXR-600

Member Garage

Witness to this one. A guy was leaving a gas station in full leathers on what looked to be maybe a zx-6... right as you turn out of the gas station is a stop sign that had a car there. As he turned out of the parking lot... he just dropped his bike -_- and couldnt pick it up... i was about 14 at the time so i wasnt gonna help.

ohnoes416234
texasgiant815 is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Motorcyclist crashes after giving an interview about crashes tripspeed General Discussion (Moto Related) 14 07-24-2014 03:20 PM
meds and insurance a funny kind of thing.. not haha funny obed Off Topic 8 03-30-2012 12:34 PM
Funny motorcycle crashes v2.345567 timistim General Discussion (Moto Related) 9 11-16-2010 03:32 PM
Funny bike crashes....etc LunchBox General Discussion (Moto Related) 9 12-13-2008 05:38 AM
I have a funny joke... That's actually funny!! Crystalline Off Topic 43 05-16-2007 03:27 PM
Advertisement
Old 05-11-2010, 09:11 AM   #42
GSXR_911
I'm awesome, mom said so

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 4 years

Bike(s):
2008 GSX-R750 Black/Black

Well this doesnt really count as a drop per-say but it was just as embarrassing, so now that I have a whole yr under my belt I feel I can share. I just had my bike for 2 weeks, brand spanking new. I just completed my MSF coarse, got my little "M" on my license and was ready to tame the beast I bought before all this. Me being the smart safety guy that I am, decided to ride just down the street to the local high school and practice riding in the huge lot. Rode for about 10 minutes going from 20-30 mph and was feeling confident. This 750 is tolerable, I can handle it. So I take it to the front of the school where there is a single lane "S" curve for student drop off (a slooooow "S" turn). Me feeling unstoppable decides to up my game and tame my first "twistie." Going a whole 2 mph I enter the turn. I somehow ended up trying to get more throttle, but couldn't twist it far enough tipped the bike on its side. Here's the fun part, I was able to hold it just at the point to where it doesn't quite fall over, but its feels impossible to right it back up. Luckily the bike stalled, I'm standing there in a near 45 degree angle, swearing like a sailor in my helmet saying "F*ck, F*ck, F*CK!!!!" for what seemed like 5 minutes I'm trying to muster up the strength to right it back up, to which I finally do. I drop the kickstand down hop off only to find there was a little league football game going on behind me and a group of people walking over to help me lift my bike when it fell.
Old 05-13-2010, 09:09 AM   #43
Bevo
Hook 'em!

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
'12 CBR1000RR Red/Black
'14 CB1000R Matte Gray
'10 CBR1000RR (destroyed)
'09 CBR1000RR C-ABS (sold)
'09 CBR600RR C-ABS (sold)

Member Garage

I low-sided chasing a chicken
Bevo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2010, 10:55 AM   #44
gixxerican
Banned

Experience: 2 years

Bike(s):
04 custom GSRX 600

User is banned

gixxerican is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2010, 01:20 PM   #45
switch
two fifty

Experience: 4 years
Trackdays: 10+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bevo View Post
I low-sided chasing a chicken
i believe it

Quote:
Originally Posted by gixxerican View Post
First time I rode a bike: my best friend tried to teach me in a busa. While he was teaching me about the controls, I said screw this I'm big, bad and mean so I let go of the clutch and twist the throttle to hard and there the busa goes ( that thing lift up, almost flip on me), i hit a police car that the neighbors called earlier for doing burn outs. I basically run the thing into a police car. I ask them( the cops) are you guys ok, I'm so sorry, then the cop said: Sir, you got the right to remain silence speech. My friend was laughing hard( without noticing the damage of the front wheel it look like a pretzel, so me thinking that he aint mad (then I didnt know nothing about a kick stand) I get off the bike and dropped the bike (some more damage) I remmember the speedometer cracked like a cheap toy, the right fairing paint scratched like road rash. So I turn around and said oops my bad. Bue and Gold busa three days old, he buy it cash. OUUUUUUCH and yes I had to run away from him when he was chasing me. Lmao
CMRA #250
"Me? I stand for uncertainty, insecurity, bad taste, fun, and things that go boom in the night."
switch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2010, 07:55 AM   #46
Bevo
Hook 'em!

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
'12 CBR1000RR Red/Black
'14 CB1000R Matte Gray
'10 CBR1000RR (destroyed)
'09 CBR1000RR C-ABS (sold)