MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > Cruisers Lounge
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 10-30-2009, 02:03 AM   #21
Tyco_18
Weather is but an element

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 1 year
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
K6 GSX-R 600
Dyno-Gt (Pedal Powered)

Member Garage

Talking LOL

Tyco_18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Motorcyclist crashes after giving an interview about crashes tripspeed General Discussion (Moto Related) 14 07-24-2014 03:20 PM
meds and insurance a funny kind of thing.. not haha funny obed Off Topic 8 03-30-2012 12:34 PM
Funny motorcycle crashes v2.345567 timistim General Discussion (Moto Related) 9 11-16-2010 03:32 PM
Funny bike crashes....etc LunchBox General Discussion (Moto Related) 9 12-13-2008 05:38 AM
I have a funny joke... That's actually funny!! Crystalline Off Topic 43 05-16-2007 03:27 PM
Advertisement
Old 10-30-2009, 08:58 AM   #22
ArturoC
51% Geek, 49% SuperHero

Bike(s):
'99 GSXR600
'04 NSR 50
'09 Yamaha WR250X
'07 Triumph 675

Member Garage

Send a message via ICQ to ArturoC Send a message via AIM to ArturoC Send a message via Yahoo to ArturoC Send a message via Skype™ to ArturoC
A Classic

CMRA [Prov Nov]ice #404
Sponsors: D&D - GoPro - Amsoil
ArturoC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009, 09:17 AM   #23
chum600

Experience: 3 years
Trackdays: 2

Bike(s):
2007 GSXR 600

the second day I had my bike, I was riding around town and was at a light on Main street. well I am short and could barely reach, Some how the bike leaned to far and "BAM" I dropped it. It took me a while to pick it back up for I was just waving cars around me
chum600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009, 09:43 AM   #24
TomballD

Feedback Rating: (5)

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
DR350
XR50
TDub-200
XR100-Tarded
1981 XR80

I was like 11 and my friend had a 125 honda, and I wanted to ride it. He gave me a brief "Let this lever out, and give it gas" speech. So I stall once of course, amd on the next try give it a hand full of throttle and the obvious, ever present full lean back outta control blast across a 50 yard feild on a wheelie and slam into a chain link fence. I get up and look at my knee and the cap is twisted at a 90 degree angle, so I straighten my leg and with a pop it goes back into place. Good to go!

Didn't ride again till I bought a Tw200 when I was 18. Rode it for a few years no problems. One day I was ridin down jones rd and I went to turn on Mcracken in front of Connies Frozen Custard. No helment, squidtastic and I come in hot to impress the girls in the window and apparently there was some oil on the turn and I am instantly sliding across the concrete, and watchin my bike tumble into the ditch. Some old ladies ran up and were screaming "are you okay, I thought you were killed" That was a fun ride home with some great road rash.

Best one was just put some new clip-ons on my 01 ZX6R and we went down to Rankin. So it was wheelie time and I wasn't used to my throttle position yet and grabbed a handful on my first wheelie and the bike just launched straight out from under and slams on the tank and proceeds to cartwheel down the strip destroying $800 dollars worth of fairings and accesories that I had finished installing that day. I was up oon my feet and chasin the bike before it stopped sliding screaming " My fvcking BIKE!!" My friend had to go home and get a truck and literally 5 seconds after 4 guys helped pick it up and throw it in the truck the whole cop brigade showed up and we barely got out of there. Luckily I had learned my lesson and full gear saved my a$$ on that crash. There would be more to come, but hey thats ridin.
Old 10-30-2009, 09:43 AM   #25
lsudecat04

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 2 years
Trackdays: 6

Bike(s):
08 600rr~ sold

A guy at one of the bike nights in baton rouge had just gotten one of those Gas Gas bikes. He decides he wants to show off some wheelies and jumping some ditches. So he does his wheelie and jumps out of a ditch he was going so fast after he came out the ditch he was heading right for a parked bike. He froze up and lays the bike down and it slides into the parked bike. Fortunately the parked bike didn't have any damage but he was very embarrassed.

Also another story (involving the same guy) him and his dad go up to indy for moto gp and during the round robbin he decides to take his dad's 250 on the parade lap. well about mid way through the lap he low sides in the middle of the turn..
lsudecat04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009, 11:56 AM   #26
SpeedCheeser
and whiskey

Bike(s):
thieves

The FIRST day I have my bike, leaving the dealership...I had ridden around the neighborhood on my dad's cruiser before, so I figured I had enough experience I could get the bike home well enough, well I wasn't expecting the sport bike to be as responsive as it was. Leaving the lot I guess I twisted just a little bit too much and the clutch slipped out out, jerking me a bit. In a panic I straightened back up again and realized I'm heading for the curb on the opposite side of the road. Try to turn away but I keep staring at the curb...first lesson in target fixation. Tumbled over the curb at about 5-10. Couple scratches, nothing major.

A few weeks ago, backing out of a spot in a parking lot, I was standing straight up (hands off the bars) and looking behind me as I'm stepping back. All my weight is pretty much on my right foot as I step in something slick and slip my foot, nothing to catch the bike as it tumps over cracking the rear set.
I always thought speedcheeser was a meth head with a fondness for dairy products.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sifu-TZ View Post
he's a viking accountant. he looks at the bottom line, then he yells at it.
SpeedCheeser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009, 01:23 PM   #27
Vandals
Scooter

Experience: 8 years

Bike(s):
2003 Yamaha r1
1981 Honda Trail 110 -"The Tank"

iOWNED

Dirtbike -1.

Me - 0.

enough said.
Vandals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009, 08:35 PM   #28
ArturoC
51% Geek, 49% SuperHero

Bike(s):
'99 GSXR600
'04 NSR 50
'09 Yamaha WR250X
'07 Triumph 675

Member Garage

Send a message via ICQ to ArturoC Send a message via AIM to ArturoC Send a message via Yahoo to ArturoC Send a message via Skype™ to ArturoC
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vandals View Post

Dirtbike -1.

Me - 0.

enough said.

I remember that pic.
CMRA [Prov Nov]ice #404
Sponsors: D&D - GoPro - Amsoil
ArturoC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2010, 04:54 PM   #29
brandontx

Experience: 1-3 months

Bike(s):
2008 Husqvarna SM 510
2008 Yamaha YZ250F

I remember leaving Rudyard's with a couple of friends after drinking a bit too much and we are sitting at a stop light. My friend had this vintage harley he restored and his phone rang so he stands up to get is out of his pocket and lets go of the controls while the bike is in gear and it just rolls out from between his legs into the intersection and almost gets smoked by a truck. I was laughing my off.
brandontx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010, 03:21 AM   #30
FKNA

Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
2005 Yamaha R1
2008 Goldwing

Quote:
Originally Posted by less_than_coop View Post
Not very dramatic, but I bet a few of you have had the same experience.
First bike, I only had it for a few weeks. Pulled in the driveway, just on the edge of the pavement. Right foot goes down...not pavement. Only the grass, which is like 6 inches lower than the driveway. Wasnt ready for that.
In what must have been really funny to see, I, with my left foot still on the peg and hands on the bars, just slowly tilt and then fall over onto the grass.
No damage done to the bike, just my ego.
Lesson learned though, BOTH feet down.

I had something just as stupid. Pulled up into the drive, stopped, got off the bike. Something is missing there, as you may have noticed I didn't say I put down the kick stand. Needless to say, you know what happened next. And my ego was seriously bruised over that one.
FKNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2010, 12:53 AM   #31
Killerjoe123
Happens

Bike(s):
honda shadow 600
2006 ford mustang v6 4.0

my first crash was in the parking lot of my cousins wedding day in front of 400 people... doing 5 mph...
Killerjoe123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2010, 03:04 AM   #32
zombiejesus
braaaaiiiiinssss

Bike(s):
┌∩┐(◕_◕)┌∩┐

Less than a week after I bought my craptastic rf600 I was convinced that someone was going to steal it if I didn't park right outside my bedroom window. So instead of moving some lawn furniture and random out of the way on my patio, I just took the quick route across my grass. This was in June too, so it was nice and thick, and I had watered it a little bit earlier. So I get halfway there and the front wheel gets stuck in a hole, I lift on the bars and give it some gas, I get out of the hole no problem. Then the rear wheel gets stuck in the hole, I give it gas and the rear wheel starts spinning. So I'm sitting there, doing a burnout in my grass, when I think to myself "well, the centripetal force of the wheels spinning is what keeps a bike upright, let's see what happens if I bring my feet up" and it worked! I have both feet on the pegs, I'm having to work to keep my balance but it stayed upright for a few seconds. But I feel it start to go so I close the throttle and go to put my feet down, I guess the combination of closing the throttle and taking my weight off the bike at the same time let the tire get traction for a second and it fell on top of me. it happened slow too, it was a few awkward seconds of me trying to fall over as softly as possible. Then it took about another minute of awkwardness picking it back up, much to all the golfers' amusement.
Old 03-28-2010, 02:02 PM   #33
--SV--
Not anymore but whatever

Quote:
Originally Posted by murderface View Post
Less than a week after I bought my craptastic rf600 I was convinced that someone was going to steal it if I didn't park right outside my bedroom window. So instead of moving some lawn furniture and random out of the way on my patio, I just took the quick route across my grass. This was in June too, so it was nice and thick, and I had watered it a little bit earlier. So I get halfway there and the front wheel gets stuck in a hole, I lift on the bars and give it some gas, I get out of the hole no problem. Then the rear wheel gets stuck in the hole, I give it gas and the rear wheel starts spinning. So I'm sitting there, doing a burnout in my grass, when I think to myself "well, the centripetal force of the wheels spinning is what keeps a bike upright, let's see what happens if I bring my feet up" and it worked! I have both feet on the pegs, I'm having to work to keep my balance but it stayed upright for a few seconds. But I feel it start to go so I close the throttle and go to put my feet down, I guess the combination of closing the throttle and taking my weight off the bike at the same time let the tire get traction for a second and it fell on top of me. it happened slow too, it was a few awkward seconds of me trying to fall over as softly as possible. Then it took about another minute of awkwardness picking it back up, much to all the golfers' amusement.
LOl that's a good one
--SV-- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 07:53 PM   #34
GAU-8
official thread ender.

I was driving out from a gas station one rainy day. not even going 2 or 3 mph, there is a deep puddle, i am driving thru. approaching the outlet/entrance to the street, i slowly begin to squeeze the br...

on my in a milisecond, sliding across the gas stations slick concrete. i get up , and two fellow asked me if i was allright. one said "you were sitting still, and it looked like the bike just flipped on its side" kina laughing, like "wtf?"

I returned the next day to the same gas station. i found my answer. the attendants didnt want cars hitting this huge pothole about to be repaired, so they put one of those big steel sheets over it. incidentally that was the same day it rained, and it covered the steel plate up. I never saw it. (i was aware of the pothole, and knew I had steered away from it...since i was a regular customer, i knew where it was at, but didnt expect the steel sheet to be there... 10 times larger than the hole they were covering up..)

no damage to me or the bike, other than a lightly bruised ego.
GAU-8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 08:38 PM   #35
HawkinsYZF

Experience: 6 years

Bike(s):
2009 R1

wow some of these are embarrasing,

well LAST friday i looped my bike doing a wheelie for some girls.. end of story. I spent the weekend MOTOGP pit crew'n it back together.
HawkinsYZF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 08:56 PM   #36
myfz1

Experience: 4 years

Bike(s):
04 Yamaha FZ1

my first was a 125 honda was out in a field and me and a friend decided we needed to make some new trails through the woods bad idea .. i was able to duck the first low branch looked back at it to find the second one right across the chest... sucked pretty bad at the time but it gets funnier everytime i look back...
myfz1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2010, 09:46 PM   #37
Phiber

Bike(s):
2010 Ducati Streetfighter S
2009 Ninja 250

I was pulling into near my job with the intent to get some fried pickles. I saw a guy walking out, helmet in hand, towards his bike so I wave at him as I'm pulling into the parking place. Well, I turned the bars just a bit too far and laid it over while grabbing a handful of throttle. I've never hit the kill switch so fast in my life. The angry snarl attracted the attention of everyone on the patio. There is no graceful way to lay down a 20k brand new Ducati. :( The other biker was nice enough to help me right it. At least I got the first scratch out of the way early and the frame sliders paid for themselves.
Phiber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2010, 02:35 AM   #38
goose
Goose

Experience: 5 years

Bike(s):
2007 Yamaha R1
2005 yamaha r6 (sold)
2001 Gsxr 750 (gone)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GsxrRcr369 View Post
friend of mine hd just got a brand new Aprillia....the lil 50cc one....dont remember what they are called, but we were all 15 and thought it was the . Anyway he would ride it to school everyday and put one of those locks on the front brake disk. Well one day after school we were sittin in the parkin lot talkin and he was sittin on his bike thinkin he was the and when just about everyone had made it out of the school and outside by the parkin lot he decided to be mr bad and go flying off down the street. Only problem was he never took his lock off the front so he pulls in the clutch, revs it up, pops the clutch, has his two seconds of glory as the bad ridding the small wheelie then the tire hits, locks up and tuns bucking him off like he was ridding a bull. Never laughed so hard in my life.
thanks a lot for this story..its 2:34 in the freakin morning and i am laughing my off all while my wife is telling me to shut up...funny man...
goose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 08:11 PM   #39
rquirch
RQuirch

Bike(s):
GSX-R 750 ( sold )
2002 Honda XR-50R (sold :( )

When i was about 15 i got one of those bicycle / bike moped things, it was black and blue and i thought it was the ! so here i was rolling to a friends house at night and i see a group of girls hanging out around the corner so i proceed to squeeze the throtle and weave around looking all cool when i notice a german shepperd the size of a horse standing right in front of me... Thinking the dog would be smarter than to just sit there i honk on the horn and stay my course, needless to say i hit the dog head on and did a superman to a face plant in the middle of the road... they came out and checked on the dog, then asked if i was ok i got up with major road rash (face included) and had to ride the bike home with a bent front rim...

a couple of months after that i got the bike fixed up and went to pickup my friend who i inteded to go visit in the previous story... he was riding and i we were headed to the mall, as i get to the mall i thought id go trough the poles they put up to keep the cars out and as im squeezing trough i heard a THUMP! my friend had his legs wide opened and caught one of the poles with his knee... bike felt a lot lighter after that
rquirch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 01:10 AM   #40
kalanie
facebok/leatherlaceracing

keep them coming

Leather&Lace Racing Leather Repair
281-657-589 zero
kalanie is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement