MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > Cruisers Lounge
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 04-20-2009, 10:23 AM   #1
chfranco
Landscape

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 5 years

Bike(s):
06 Harley VROD
1980 Harley Sportster
2003 Goldwing Gl1800
06 Honda VTX 1300

Send a message via AIM to chfranco Send a message via Yahoo to chfranco
Funny crashes

Ok, So I was just talking about my first crash, and I thought I would post it up, maybe theres someother funny ones out there.

Second day of owning a bike, never had one before, never even ridden a dirt bike, and i was suppose to go to MSF the next day, me and my best friend rode to the mall.

As i pull out of the first spot, I punched it to hard and ran right into the mall. Luckily a tree against the wall kept me from actually hitting the mall, and the bike only had a bent brake pedal, but no friends will let me live that down.
chfranco is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Motorcyclist crashes after giving an interview about crashes tripspeed General Discussion (Moto Related) 14 07-24-2014 03:20 PM
meds and insurance a funny kind of thing.. not haha funny obed Off Topic 8 03-30-2012 12:34 PM
Funny motorcycle crashes v2.345567 timistim General Discussion (Moto Related) 9 11-16-2010 03:32 PM
Funny bike crashes....etc LunchBox General Discussion (Moto Related) 9 12-13-2008 05:38 AM
I have a funny joke... That's actually funny!! Crystalline Off Topic 43 05-16-2007 03:27 PM
Advertisement
Old 04-20-2009, 10:40 AM   #2
1fastchevy
Bout Time

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):

ha ha, good one
1fastchevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 10:57 AM   #3
Jay
Deleted

hahahah PWNED.......
Old 04-20-2009, 11:02 AM   #4
jrob
cheers

Trackdays: 5

Bike(s):
KTM 450 XC-F
DRZ 400 Kick/Motard Convert

one of the first motorcycles i ever rode was a honda trail 90. moped lookin thing but no pedals. i was 9 years old and it was in the parking lot of a condo complex my friends parents managed.

well im scootin around the parking lot kind of timid and slow, just getting used to the controls. i cant remember if that piece of had a twist throttle or thumb lever. anyway so i make my way down to one end of the lot and im making my turn to come back.

well as i turn i realize that i am on a perfect collision course with the dumpster. somehow or another i grab a fistful (or thumb full) of throttle instead of brake due to being off balance i think, and accelerated for everything that little honda was worth until i collided with the dumpster.

i couldnt have hit that thing any more squarely if i were trying to. i bounced off dumpster and then i beat the scooter to the ground just enough for it to land on me. i remember it being humiliating but it must have been pretty funny because even everyone was laughing at me.

and that was my first lesson in: dont panic when you have a throttle in your hand.
Old 04-20-2009, 11:03 AM   #5
mammothmc

Got that beat....

I convinced a guy selling a bike to let me test ride it. I come back 30 minutes later & hand him his mirror & tell him no worries, of course I'm going to buy it.
mammothmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 11:03 AM   #6
kibitzer
Donkey punch 2 the soul

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
2007 CBR600RR
02 XR100(tarded)
07 CRF50 (mini tard)

Not my crash, but I did get to witness a great one.

Few years ago at a cycle shop in Kenner, LA I'm in there with a friend who's purchasing a bike. I'm standing outside drooling over a brand new R1 that someone had already paid for and was supposed to come in that day to pick up. The buyer eventually shows up and begins asking the salesman questions like "so which ones the brake?" and "how do you start it?". Of course the guy is wearing shorts and a t-shirt.
So my friend and I hang around wishing we had a video camera while the salesman is now giving the guy a quick lesson on how to ride a motorcycle in just three easy steps. The usual stuttering stalls commence until finally the guy can make a half- loop around the parking lot without putting a foot down. Then this organ donor is ready to head on home. He stalls a few times trying to ease out of the parking lot into fast moving traffic as the salesman is yelling "GIVE IT MORE GAS". Then the magic happens.
He hooks it up hard and does a foot down panic shot across three lanes into the curbed median. The front tire hits the curb and bounces ninety degrees skyward. All the time you can hear the motor revving because the guy is in full panic mode not letting go. Him and the bike do a nice acrobatic balancing act that gets him pointed in the opposite direction as the wheel comes down and he releases the clutch again. This sends him superman-style back across the three lanes into the gas station parking lot next door, slamming into a gas pump.
A few of us were standing outside when it happened and went running over to help when he finally came to a stop. As with all things the stupid are incredibally lucky. The guy had some nasty scrapes and a few cuts, but nothing broken. We helped him push the mangled bike back over to the dealership. He got in a car with a friend saying he would be back to get the bike later. I passed by that place several times over the next few weeks and the bike was still sitting in a corner.
I'm still amazed at how this guy zipped across three lanes of moving traffic, TWICE, and didn't manage to get flattened.
kibitzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 11:42 AM   #7
blends
NYYYYYYEAAOWWWWWW

Feedback Rating: (3)

Experience: 2 years

Member Garage

Send a message via AIM to blends
Quote:
Originally Posted by lansodw76 View Post

Few years ago at a cycle shop in Kenner, LA I'm in there with a friend who's purchasing a bike. I'm standing outside drooling over a brand new R1 that someone had already paid for and was supposed to come in that day to pick up. The buyer eventually shows up and begins asking the salesman questions like "so which ones the brake?" and "how do you start it?". Of course the guy is wearing shorts and a t-shirt.
So my friend and I hang around wishing we had a video camera while the salesman is now giving the guy a quick lesson on how to ride a motorcycle in just three easy steps. The usual stuttering stalls commence until finally the guy can make a half- loop around the parking lot without putting a foot down. Then this organ donor is ready to head on home. He stalls a few times trying to ease out of the parking lot into fast moving traffic as the salesman is yelling "GIVE IT MORE GAS". Then the magic happens.
He hooks it up hard and does a foot down panic shot across three lanes into the curbed median. The front tire hits the curb and bounces ninety degrees skyward. All the time you can hear the motor revving because the guy is in full panic mode not letting go. Him and the bike do a nice acrobatic balancing act that gets him pointed in the opposite direction as the wheel comes down and he releases the clutch again. This sends him superman-style back across the three lanes into the gas station parking lot next door, slamming into a gas pump.
A few of us were standing outside when it happened and went running over to help when he finally came to a stop. As with all things the stupid are incredibally lucky. The guy had some nasty scrapes and a few cuts, but nothing broken. We helped him push the mangled bike back over to the dealership. He got in a car with a friend saying he would be back to get the bike later. I passed by that place several times over the next few weeks and the bike was still sitting in a corner.
I'm still amazed at how this guy zipped across three lanes of moving traffic, TWICE, and didn't manage to get flattened.
Old 04-20-2009, 12:21 PM   #8
houstonch73
Banned

Feedback Rating: (1)

Send a message via Yahoo to houstonch73
User is banned

houstonch73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 07:10 PM   #9
morvegil
Banned

Bike(s):
2008 Night Rod Special(s)
2008 1200 Sportster(s)
2008 Triumph Bonneville(w)
2008 Triumph Sprint ST
2010 Ducati Streetfighter

User is banned

morvegil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009, 09:19 AM   #10
jumpinfly
umm yea sure

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):
05' Harley Davidson 883XL low. Sold
06' R6 Raven, FOR SALE!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kibitzer View Post

it aint luck, it amazing skill!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phydeaux View Post
tyler doesnt wash his bike, he just paints it again.
jumpinfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009, 09:24 AM   #11
less_than_coop
SBN BMF

Trackdays: 2

Bike(s):
GSXR1000
2005 KTM 250sxf

Not very dramatic, but I bet a few of you have had the same experience.
First bike, I only had it for a few weeks. Pulled in the driveway, just on the edge of the pavement. Right foot goes down...not pavement. Only the grass, which is like 6 inches lower than the driveway. Wasnt ready for that.
In what must have been really funny to see, I, with my left foot still on the peg and hands on the bars, just slowly tilt and then fall over onto the grass.
No damage done to the bike, just my ego.
Lesson learned though, BOTH feet down.

Khaki shirt.
less_than_coop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009, 09:26 AM   #12
Hooligan
Presrvtionthrudestruction

Feedback Rating: (3)

Bike(s):
08 CBR 600rr
06 GSXR600
07 Honda crf50 (stunt)
Your mom

Send a message via AIM to Hooligan
I saw some dumb squid trying to drag knee at Squid Falls.... Ended up getting bucked off at like 10mph in the ditch, it was awesome!
I learned the awesomeness that is Hooligan.
Never trust your own eyes, believe what you are told.
Hooligan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009, 11:04 AM   #13
GsxrRcr369

Bike(s):
2014 CRF 50 (#1)
2014 CRF 50 (#2)
Schwinn XS Pro Modified 2

friend of mine hd just got a brand new Aprillia....the lil 50cc one....dont remember what they are called, but we were all 15 and thought it was the . Anyway he would ride it to school everyday and put one of those locks on the front brake disk. Well one day after school we were sittin in the parkin lot talkin and he was sittin on his bike thinkin he was the and when just about everyone had made it out of the school and outside by the parkin lot he decided to be mr bad and go flying off down the street. Only problem was he never took his lock off the front so he pulls in the clutch, revs it up, pops the clutch, has his two seconds of glory as the bad ridding the small wheelie then the tire hits, locks up and tuns bucking him off like he was ridding a bull. Never laughed so hard in my life.

Last edited by GsxrRcr369; 08-14-2009 at 11:08 AM.
GsxrRcr369 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009, 11:07 AM   #14
GsxrRcr369

Bike(s):
2014 CRF 50 (#1)
2014 CRF 50 (#2)
Schwinn XS Pro Modified 2

also same guy as before on same bike went through jack in box drive trough on his way to my house, made it all the way to my house with bag of tacos an large coke, parks in driveway and gets off, goes to sit on his bike to eat and it falls over sending him over with it. Ended up with a large coke all over him and only one taco that didnt fall out of the bag...... He was very entertaining
GsxrRcr369 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009, 11:25 AM   #15
kdog22
Wheelie it son..

Feedback Rating: (4)

Bike(s):
2004 Honda xr50
1991 Honda z50
2004 WR450 Supermoto
1988 Honda ZB50 - For Sale

Member Garage

my first dirt bike i was putting around in my driveway and in first, i was giving it gas with my feet down and pulling back on the bars to do a little wheelie.. Well i did it and came down and started falling backwards off the bike which made me open the throttle and sent me straight into my closed garage door.. I fcked that door up and all my friends laughed at me..
Quote:
Originally Posted by Senator View Post
Muhammad.........Nostradamus..........Kdog
The cycle continues.
kdog22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009, 11:34 AM   #16
hotnanas
i rock knobbies

Feedback Rating: (4)

i went to adjust the boys at a light and bumped the bike from neutral to first. the bike surged forward, i went backwards and both the bike and I ended up on the ground. i don't know if I ever let go of the or not, it happened so quickly.
hotnanas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009, 12:41 PM   #17
Tbone4life
"Say NO to Crack"

Bike(s):
1998 Bandit 1200
1998 Foreman 450S

lots of 1st timer vids out there

www.metacafe.com/watch/157204/first_time
Old 08-14-2009, 12:46 PM   #18
less_than_coop
SBN BMF

Trackdays: 2

Bike(s):
GSXR1000
2005 KTM 250sxf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tbone4life View Post
One of my fav moto fail vids ever

Khaki shirt.
less_than_coop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009, 01:30 PM   #19
trumindgame
Rowdy Riders @ UTSA

Experience: 9 years
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
Sv 1000s 2k7
WTB 08 Blk/Orange Busa

+1 for the thought of hitting up the mall on the bike. -2 for poor clutch control. lol thanks for sharing
Old 10-30-2009, 01:49 AM   #20
bigjay

Bike(s):
2000 zx9r
honda fiddy

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooligan View Post
I saw some dumb squid trying to drag knee at Squid Falls.... Ended up getting bucked off at like 10mph in the ditch, it was awesome!

Advertisement