MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 04-23-2009, 12:03 AM   #41
typehxr1
Gear Geek

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):
2009 Honda CBR1000RR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas94fs View Post
I hate people, seriously, hit someone, they could be dead and you just keep going. Screw that IMO their life is now forfeit
I couldn't agree more! Even if it was car/car and no bike was involved. Once, I was riding in the far left lane on I-10 and this cab driver is merging onto 10 from and gets all the way over into my lane almost immediately. I swerve off and drive on the shoulder. I'm honking like crazy till he sees me and then I look over and he's flipping ME the bird and cursing out the window. ****ing !

Anyway, I hope all is well w/your situation.
typehxr1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Got hit by a Suburban yesterday kgraber General Discussion (Moto Related) 37 12-18-2010 09:19 AM
i ate $hit yesterday andrew General Discussion (Moto Related) 66 10-14-2010 05:50 PM
Rider down. yesterday got hit on 45 south feder Jogo General Discussion (Moto Related) 72 04-10-2010 10:55 AM
Large Asteroid almost hit the earth yesterday...... Solracer Off Topic 27 03-05-2009 09:18 AM
Yesterday I was intentionally hit by a car cashtown General Discussion (Moto Related) 70 10-07-2007 07:13 PM
Advertisement
Old 04-23-2009, 08:47 AM   #42
honorsdaddy
Professional Donor

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 9 years

Bike(s):
2012 BMW K1600GTL
2013 Triumph Trophy SE (sold)
2009 Harley-Davidson Road Glide(sold)
2007 Star V-Star 1300T (sold)
2007 Star V-Star 1100 (sold)

Send a message via Yahoo to honorsdaddy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumo View Post
A completely clueless cut me off today. As long as I held the button my wee little motorcycle horn failed to register through the apparently impenetrable thick head she sports.

I whipped around and looked into her passenger window to see a cloud of stupid fogging her vision. I tried making eye contact, only to fail because

a) I ride with a mirrored visor - doh!

and

b) nothing existed in this chick's world that wasn't directly in front of her. Beside her, behind her - nah. Nothing there. Just point that Camry where ever you want to babe. It's only 5:30 weekday traffic.

Punching her car at this point will only startle her into a reflex reaction, and that can only be bad. It was obvious she wasn't aware she almost ran me into a curb, and that I was now inches from the other side of her car looking in - to her I didn't exist at all. Never had. She never, ever knew.

So I had to shrug it off. I get to a red light and a Jeep pulls up beside me. It's the wife!

Her "Hey!"

"Did you see that cut me off?"

"Yes"

"GD-IT! That's it! I've got to figure out a way to carry a BFH! Maybe a hammer-holster or some !"

I do believe had I had something to defend myself with today I would have used it. I've thought about it before but I think I'm going offensive after this latest close-call. The TV's on the blink anyway, so maybe this weekend I'll figure out a BFH scabbard for the scoot.
Two words: Ball Bearings.
Another two words: Wheel Weights.

Both of the above mentioned objects have the benefit of being quite dense as well as quite small.....pocket sized small....

They also have a nasty habit of falling out of those pockets when you're directly in front of people who need to pay a bit more attention.

I'll let you figure out what they do to sheet metal.

Now, I'm not condoning or suggesting you actually DO such a thing....

Its one thing to get the attention of an oblivious driver by smacking the car as it is trying to run you over, its another to do something like that purely for revenge once you're safe.
Old 04-23-2009, 10:16 AM   #43
Sumo

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
2007 DRZ400SM
2006 DRZ400E

Quote:
Originally Posted by honorsdaddy View Post
Its one thing to get the attention of an oblivious driver by smacking the car as it is trying to run you over, its another to do something like that purely for revenge once you're safe.
That's why I didn't kick her car. Through defensive driving I was able to escape her attempt to trap me against the curb. Because she was clueless and drove accordingly, her actions were predictable and she presented an escapable situation. However, had she malicious intentions, I would have been in a bad spot.

From the looks of her POS hoopty, a toe hole in the door wouldn't have even registered. Going back to lessons I first learned long ago - watch the dented cars closely. They earned those dents somehow, and if they had insurance they would've fixed their . This time I was at such an angle her smashed grill and hood were out of my line of sight.

Just to be clear, I wasn't mad she cut me off. I don't have a divine right to unimpeded progress down city streets. Turn on your GD blinker and I'll let you over - it's no big deal. I was mad that despite my prolonged leaning on my anemic little motorcycle horn, she remained completely oblivious to my presence as she changed lanes into the side of my motorcycle, forcing me to take immediate emergency action to avoid her attempts to put me into the curb. THAT is a direct threat to my personal well-being, and in the fight-or-flight situation I'll fight.

Had she at least woken up just a tiny little bit and acknowledged my presence at ANY time, I would have been ok with it. As it stood, no. Apparently the cell phone took 110% of her concentration, because she made another bone-head move back across another lane that I saw in the mirror once I'd passed. (When I looked in she had the phone in her hand and was looking at it. Couldn't tell if she was texting or WTH she was doing exactly - other than driving like an idiot.)
Sumo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 11:15 AM   #44
KEITH HUBBARD
JOKERMAN

Bike(s):
1300 V STAR YAMAHA
KZ 650 KAWASAKI
HONDA CB 550
TS125 SUZUKI
HARLEY DAVIDSON 50

,Glad you are okay man.
I travel that route at times.
It is getting scary out there.
Some people drie like suckers
Old 04-23-2009, 11:34 AM   #45
flipstyledsm22
Lets go fishing!

Feedback Rating: (2)

Bike(s):
1994 FLSTC Pro-Street Chopper
1964 Tote Gote
2003 GSXR600 - SOLD
2004 ZX6R - SOLD
1986 VFR750 - SOLD

Send a message via Yahoo to flipstyledsm22
Quote:
Originally Posted by cory4408 View Post
I would have kicked her mirror off, I don't care what anybody thinks.
GD!! That's crazy!! I'd probably laugh, if i witnessed that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gixxerbill View Post
I hate perma bans they are sooo...permanent.
flipstyledsm22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 11:40 AM   #46
solomon
GET SOME !!!!!!!!

Experience: 7 years
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
06 R1 le

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas94fs View Post
I'm just going to start shooting people on cell phones or texting while driving, its fair enough, me with a gun, they've got a car.
amen to that ,55 grain vs 2000lbs hmmm
solomon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 11:44 AM   #47
solomon
GET SOME !!!!!!!!

Bike(s):
06 R1 le

Quote:
Originally Posted by honorsdaddy View Post
Two words: Ball Bearings.
Another two words: Wheel Weights.

Both of the above mentioned objects have the benefit of being quite dense as well as quite small.....pocket sized small....

They also have a nasty habit of falling out of those pockets when you're directly in front of people who need to pay a bit more attention.

I'll let you figure out what they do to sheet metal.

Now, I'm not condoning or suggesting you actually DO such a thing....

spark plugs do an awsome job to lol
Old 04-23-2009, 11:45 AM   #48
solomon
GET SOME !!!!!!!!

Bike(s):
06 R1 le

main things is that u came outa it with out any serious problems ,sux bout ur bike man ,but glad u ok
Old 04-23-2009, 11:49 AM   #49
Pyrofallout
<<<< S.B.N. >>>>

Feedback Rating: (31)

Experience: 5 years
Trackdays: 10+

Member Garage

Hey K5 and Blue91 seem to think you definitely did your part by letting that guy hit you. I mean after all the driver learned his lesson and you win in the end right? Oh wait, your bike is wrecked, not so much. But at least you did the right thing by letting them hit you.

In all seriousness that sucks man, sorry to hear. Just used your situation to show how nonsense somepeople are.
Pyrofallout is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement