MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 04-20-2009, 11:00 AM   #21
SpeedCheeser
and whiskey

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 2 years
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
thieves

Sorry to hear it, man. That's such bull . Truly hope the person smacks into a solid wall and wipes him/herself out for lack of concern or responsibility.
SpeedCheeser is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Got hit by a Suburban yesterday kgraber General Discussion (Moto Related) 37 12-18-2010 09:19 AM
i ate $hit yesterday andrew General Discussion (Moto Related) 66 10-14-2010 05:50 PM
Rider down. yesterday got hit on 45 south feder Jogo General Discussion (Moto Related) 72 04-10-2010 10:55 AM
Large Asteroid almost hit the earth yesterday...... Solracer Off Topic 27 03-05-2009 09:18 AM
Yesterday I was intentionally hit by a car cashtown General Discussion (Moto Related) 70 10-07-2007 07:13 PM
Advertisement
Old 04-20-2009, 08:09 PM   #22
ThatR6Guy

Experience: 5 years

Bike(s):
2007 R6
2004 R6 (Sold)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluestreak06 View Post
sucks to hear/see man....do you at least have an idea of what the car was/color/etc?
99-02 maroon suburban

Quote:
Originally Posted by GQ* View Post
glad you made it w/almost no damage to you or your gear....time for a claim
Just got of the phone with the insurance people.... they're automatically assuming that the person that ran was uninsured therefor my deductible is only $250 and my monthly rate will not go up.....
Old 04-20-2009, 09:05 PM   #23
mikes-si

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):
2006 kawasaki zx-6r

Glad to hear you made it out ok.. I wish someone would just have the decency to stop, I hope they get into a bad accident and no one helps them.
mikes-si is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 09:22 PM   #24
Bluestreak06
Maine-ah

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
2011 Hayabusa
2006 GSXR-600 (sold)
1981 yamaha XS 650(sold)

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatR6Guy View Post
99-02 maroon suburban

Just got of the phone with the insurance people.... they're automatically assuming that the person that ran was uninsured therefor my deductible is only $250 and my monthly rate will not go up.....
well at least it will work out for you in the end

Quote:
Originally Posted by kibitzer View Post
If you don't shake it after you pee the terrorists win.
Ben C.
Bluestreak06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 09:33 PM   #25
MrGonzalez
08 Red R1

Bike(s):
2008 Yamaha R1 (BL0oDy)
1998 honda cbr 600 f3 (sold)
2005 yamaha r1 White Raven (STOLEN)
2007 Yamaha R1 (BL0oDy)

Member Garage

glad to hear your fine..
it hurt me to see a fine yamaha beat up like that...
the louder we can get our exhaust the longer we can live ..
tooo many jackasses in cars that done look where they are going
MrGonzalez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 09:40 PM   #26
PowerSurgeD
is on indefinite hiatus

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 6 years

Bike(s):
2005 crf 50,
2008 drz400sm
2001 cbrf4i

Member Garage

can you explain in more detail what happened?
Old 04-20-2009, 10:02 PM   #27
ThatR6Guy

Bike(s):
2007 R6
2004 R6 (Sold)

Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerSurgeD View Post
can you explain in more detail what happened?
I was traveling north bound on 610 in the right hand lane (speed was approximatley 40 - 50 mph due to traffic) Then some dummy decided to yank over and get in to my lane from the exit ramp lane....I hit my front and rear brakes but they were so close that even after i hit my brakes they still hit me with the back drivers side quarter panel of the suburban. When i got hit i lost control completely and me and the bike hit the ground...how we hit or how long it lasted. I just remember hitting and then being on the ground.
Old 04-20-2009, 10:18 PM   #28
CaligoneTx
Forest Gnome Tour Guide

Bike(s):
Triumph 675r
Ducati 748
Hyosungs (250r + 650r)
Honda 900rr
Suzuki Busa1300r (+2 bikes)

Send a message via AIM to CaligoneTx Send a message via Yahoo to CaligoneTx
wow... Im glad to hear you came out ok. Especially with traffic and the fear of drivers behind you. (I haven't had a driver stop for me when hit before.) All things considered the bike looks to be in cosmetic disarray; how is the frame/engine?

I'd offer the consideration to work w a shop or take the check yourself and do the work in your own hands; May be time for some replacement themed plastics
Old 04-20-2009, 10:21 PM   #29
PowerSurgeD
is on indefinite hiatus

Bike(s):
2005 crf 50,
2008 drz400sm
2001 cbrf4i

Member Garage

that sucks bro, glad your alright...ya it's just weird cause your plastics are trashed but your front brake lever is still there.
Old 04-20-2009, 10:29 PM   #30
shayshaylaba

Experience: 1-3 months

Bike(s):
2003 Yamaha YZF600R (IM proud to announce my first and new edition)

Send a message via AIM to shayshaylaba Send a message via MSN to shayshaylaba Send a message via Yahoo to shayshaylaba
Really glad to hear you are ok esp considering you were on the freeway couldve been a lot worst u can always replace you plastics or you bike but never your life...at least you were going faster than you angels lol
shayshaylaba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 12:22 PM   #31
Stealth

Bike(s):
VROD, SV1000, VTX1800

did anybody at all stop and help? if there was that much traffic, you would hope that someone would have seen something or stopped to help you.
Stealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 01:22 PM   #32
MudBug
Banned

Feedback Rating: (3)

Trackdays: 6

Bike(s):
1994 kawi zx7
1991 DR250

Member Garage

User is banned

MudBug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 01:58 PM   #33
Unleaded_Buell
Long Stroke; Low RPM

Experience: 4 years

Bike(s):
2008 Buell XB9

Member Garage

Did they at least have the courtesy to stare at you in wide-eyed shock as they came over? They often do that, as opposed to going back to their own lane once they see you.

I was run off the road by a new blue GTO the other day, TX MKM 048, and he had the decency to watch as he did it, once my horn let him know I was there. Didn't swerve to avoid me or apologize or hang up or anything, but at least I was able to entertain him for a moment and that makes me feel better.

Glad you're ok, sorry bout the bike.

Timidi mater non flet.
Unleaded_Buell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 02:37 PM   #34
bonez409

Experience: 4 years

Bike(s):
GS500 sold
gsxr1100w
ninja250r sold
sv650s

Is there a traffic camera there. or in the area of the accident. maybe it is recorded...glad you are ok. what gear do you ride with?
The other day I had a brand new paper tag suburban pass me on the right on the shoulder in stop and go traffic. I ride with steel toes, so i reminded the driver that the whole lane is mine by kicking a dent in the door. oops it was an accident. I have a friend that is in a M.C. ,and they carry chains for just such incidents.
we don't ride stupid, we are riding for our lives.
bonez409 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 11:17 PM   #35
Sumo

Bike(s):
2007 DRZ400SM
2006 DRZ400E

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonez409 View Post
I have a friend that is in a M.C. ,and they carry chains for just such incidents.
we don't ride stupid, we are riding for our lives.
A completely clueless cut me off today. As long as I held the button my wee little motorcycle horn failed to register through the apparently impenetrable thick head she sports.

I whipped around and looked into her passenger window to see a cloud of stupid fogging her vision. I tried making eye contact, only to fail because

a) I ride with a mirrored visor - doh!

and

b) nothing existed in this chick's world that wasn't directly in front of her. Beside her, behind her - nah. Nothing there. Just point that Camry where ever you want to babe. It's only 5:30 weekday traffic.

Punching her car at this point will only startle her into a reflex reaction, and that can only be bad. It was obvious she wasn't aware she almost ran me into a curb, and that I was now inches from the other side of her car looking in - to her I didn't exist at all. Never had. She never, ever knew.

So I had to shrug it off. I get to a red light and a Jeep pulls up beside me. It's the wife!

Her "Hey!"

"Did you see that cut me off?"

"Yes"

"GD-IT! That's it! I've got to figure out a way to carry a BFH! Maybe a hammer-holster or some !"

I do believe had I had something to defend myself with today I would have used it. I've thought about it before but I think I'm going offensive after this latest close-call. The TV's on the blink anyway, so maybe this weekend I'll figure out a BFH scabbard for the scoot.
Sumo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 11:19 PM   #36
Falkryte
SBN Vag Inspector

Feedback Rating: (4)

Trackdays: 2

Bike(s):
ninja 650r
ttr 125
crf50
tarded450

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumo View Post
A completely clueless cut me off today. As long as I held the button my wee little motorcycle horn failed to register through the apparently impenetrable thick head she sports.

I whipped around and looked into her passenger window to see a cloud of stupid fogging her vision. I tried making eye contact, only to fail because

and

b) nothing existed in this chick's world that wasn't directly in front of her. Beside her, behind her - nah. Nothing there. Just point that Camry where ever you want to babe. It's only 5:30 weekday traffic.

Punching her car at this point will only startle her into a reflex reaction, and that can only be bad. It was obvious she wasn't aware she almost ran me into a curb, and that I was now inches from the other side of her car looking in - to her I didn't exist at all. Never had. She never, ever knew.

So I had to shrug it off. I get to a red light and a Jeep pulls up beside me. It's the wife!

Her "Hey!"

"Yes"

"GD-IT! That's it! I've got to figure out a way to carry a BFH! Maybe a hammer-holster or some !"

I do believe had I had something to defend myself with today I would have used it. I've thought about it before but I think I'm going offensive after this latest close-call. The TV's on the blink anyway, so maybe this weekend I'll figure out a BFH scabbard for the scoot.
Spring loaded police baton.... Only way to go...
Old 04-22-2009, 11:28 PM   #37
shsu1k

Bike(s):
04 GSXR 750

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumo View Post

and

Her "Hey!"

"Yes"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falkryte View Post
Spring loaded police baton.... Only way to go...
Ya'll are right. Instigating a situation after the fact is completely the smart thing to do. What you did was correct...let it go. To act on anger after being cut off on a bike is ridiculous. If you're to act like that EVERYTIME you get cut off or after a close call, your entire ride will be thrown in the gutter. To carry a blunt object to attack a car? Good idea, lemme know who wins that battle. If your at a stop light next to the car, then yes..maybe a simlple knock on the window would due...calmly saying what the heck?!

All in all...it's very stupid to have a weapon as an attention getter. Try revving the engine to let er know your there.

and ya, falkryte. Having a baton is a great choice. Now once you bust her window with such device, you have to slam that sucker into the ground or else you have to ride off with a fully erect baton. Good thinking. Create a disturbance, then look goofy riding off.
shsu1k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 11:30 PM   #38
Falkryte
SBN Vag Inspector

Feedback Rating: (4)

Trackdays: 2

Bike(s):
ninja 650r
ttr 125
crf50
tarded450

Quote:
Originally Posted by shsu1k View Post
Ya'll are right. Instigating a situation after the fact is completely the smart thing to do. What you did was correct...let it go. To act on anger after being cut off on a bike is ridiculous. If you're to act like that EVERYTIME you get cut off or after a close call, your entire ride will be thrown in the gutter. To carry a blunt object to attack a car? Good idea, lemme know who wins that battle. If your at a stop light next to the car, then yes..maybe a simlple knock on the window would due...calmly saying what the heck?!

All in all...it's very stupid to have a weapon as an attention getter. Try revving the engine to let er know your there.

and ya, falkryte. Having a baton is a great choice. Now once you bust her window with such device, you have to slam that sucker into the ground or else you have to ride off with a fully erect baton. Good thinking. Create a disturbance, then look goofy riding off.
Are you so stupid to actually think I was serious? OMFG dude, you never cease to amaze me. You know you are really starting to irk me...
Old 04-22-2009, 11:32 PM   #39
shsu1k

Bike(s):
04 GSXR 750

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falkryte View Post
Are you so stupid to actually think I was serious? OMFG dude, you never cease to amaze me. You know you are really starting to irk me...
I never cease to amaze you? I'll take that as a complement. As far as irking you....eh, i'll tally that up too.
shsu1k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 11:41 PM   #40
cory4408
Dangerously Slow

I would have kicked her mirror off, I don't care what anybody thinks.

Advertisement