MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 04-29-2009, 11:32 AM   #21
C.Hern5972
Street Ninja Four Father

Feedback Rating: (5)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
96 ZX7R 37k miles and still strong
2007 HD Softail
2002 Springer Classic
2007 GSXR600

Member Garage

sweet man... cool deal. I think you will like them, i have ordered allot of things from them

Chris H
"I dont follow rules to well"
C.Hern5972 is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Honda motosport 250 pedro08 General Discussion (Moto Related) 3 04-18-2013 09:34 AM
anyone heard of this.... albertinhouston General Discussion (Moto Related) 13 10-22-2012 10:18 PM
K's MotoSport Bike Night Ride! 10/21 to Hooters! Herf Events, Meets and Rides 1 10-21-2010 06:50 PM
have you ever heard of... Gideon Performance and Modifications 10 04-28-2007 04:55 PM
Advertisement
Old 04-29-2009, 11:38 AM   #22
Pyrofallout
<<<< S.B.N. >>>>

Feedback Rating: (31)

Experience: 5 years

Member Garage

lil rocky when placing my order. fyi paying with paypal doesnt always work right with them for some reason. so i had to call and redo my order. actually placed the order for everything but the rear sprocket that way I can use my $50 gift card on it

Free 2 day shipping FTW!!
Pyrofallout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 01:41 PM   #23
kyu612

Feedback Rating: (3)

Bike(s):
06 zx10r
07 1000rr

bought a couple of lids from them a while back

definitely great prices (picked up a shoei rf1000 and an arai rx7 corsair for under 500 total)
kyu612 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 01:46 PM   #24
hondarider77

Feedback Rating: (0)

Bike(s):
2007 cbr1000rr
2005 crf450r
2005 crf150f
2005 crf150f tarded
2008 r6

Send a message via AIM to hondarider77
never had a problem with motosport.com ive gotten a bunch of dirtbike parts from them as well as my frame sliders and really quick shipping and good prices
hondarider77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2009, 08:45 AM   #25
Pyrofallout
<<<< S.B.N. >>>>

Member Garage

gah! this has been a big problem.

basically i place a order yesterday for brake pads, ss lines, sprocket and chain. I paid via paypal. apparently it hung up and the paypal payment showed good in paypal and said PENDING but never showed up at motosport.

so later in the day I called back and they said they would cancel that order and just redo via my card instead of paypal. on this order i went ahead and added stompgrip to my order.

well this morning i get an email confirmation for the original order in paypal that was canceled and my actual order placed over the phone yesterday was stuck in WAITING FOR INVENTORY since the ss lines the mailed out in the first order (that was supposed to be canceled) was the last stock they had of them. I am like WTF.

I am also getting emails from someone else's account!
Old 04-30-2009, 02:17 PM   #26
ChrisGo

Experience: 3 years
Trackdays: 4

Bike(s):
gsxr600-sold
looking for a trackbike!!

Just ordered 300 in new gear from them last night, well see how long it takes to get here. Also, they dont charge shipping or sales tax and still have the same or lower prices than other online shops
ChrisGo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2009, 02:18 PM   #27
dbuck
Stayin' Young

Bike(s):
02 Honda Superhawk

Send a message via AIM to dbuck
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyrofallout View Post
gah! this has been a big problem.

basically i place a order yesterday for brake pads, ss lines, sprocket and chain. I paid via paypal. apparently it hung up and the paypal payment showed good in paypal and said PENDING but never showed up at motosport.

so later in the day I called back and they said they would cancel that order and just redo via my card instead of paypal. on this order i went ahead and added stompgrip to my order.

well this morning i get an email confirmation for the original order in paypal that was canceled and my actual order placed over the phone yesterday was stuck in WAITING FOR INVENTORY since the ss lines the mailed out in the first order (that was supposed to be canceled) was the last stock they had of them. I am like WTF.

I am also getting emails from someone else's account!
WHY MAKE THINGS DIFFICULT with using paypal...order via the 1800 number and pay by cc...no issues ever from my end.
dbuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2009, 02:22 PM   #28
AJFLo

Feedback Rating: (8)

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
K7 GSXR 600
06 Honda 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbuck View Post
WHY MAKE THINGS DIFFICULT with using paypal...order via the 1800 number and pay by cc...no issues ever from my end.
You know Ryan... He's always making chit more difficult and complicated! hahaha
AJFLo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 10:14 AM   #29
Pyrofallout
<<<< S.B.N. >>>>

Member Garage

Quote:
A) If paypal don't work, then don't offer it as a payment method. Not my fault there is broken.

B) I use my debit card for everything, paying via paypal allows me an extra layer of protection from internet sites

C) Why would I call and order in over the phone if I don't have to. I'd much rather do that online and not have to talk to anyone.

On that note I placed another order this weekend using the $50 gift certificate that came with the last order for spending over $250. Well I get on this morning and it says my order has been placed on hold and I have to call them. I call them and it is from the last order that they screwed up holding up another order. I am like wtf? Dealing with this site has been very difficult. Not sure I will be ordering from them again. I buy online to save me time and make things hassle free, this places isn't making that very easy.
Old 05-11-2009, 10:22 AM   #30
C.Hern5972
Street Ninja Four Father

Bike(s):
96 ZX7R 37k miles and still strong
2007 HD Softail
2002 Springer Classic
2007 GSXR600

Member Garage

Sorry to hear that man. I know i have spent allot of $$$$$ with them and never had any issues at all.

Chris H
"I dont follow rules to well"
C.Hern5972 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 10:24 AM   #31
dbuck
Stayin' Young

Bike(s):
02 Honda Superhawk

I think it's you dude...lol

1. motosport isn't some no name website for ordering so no need for paypal...via ebay, yes...a reputable company, eh?

2. I do see your point though. Sorry you had a bad experience. I've never had an issue with the past 4 or 5 orders I've made.

With that being said...see how much extra hassle you got trying to save 4 minutes and not interracting with someone via a phone call?
Old 05-11-2009, 10:31 AM   #32
Pyrofallout
<<<< S.B.N. >>>>

Member Garage

Quote:
I think it's you dude...lol

1. motosport isn't some no name website for ordering so no need for paypal...via ebay, yes...a reputable company, eh?

2. I do see your point though. Sorry you had a bad experience. I've never had an issue with the past 4 or 5 orders I've made.

With that being said...see how much extra hassle you got trying to save 4 minutes and not interracting with someone via a phone call?
When ordering online you can see what you have placed in your cart and you can verify you have the exact part you need. Going through a middle man or representative just leaves another place for error. (ie: I say 520 he orders 530, ect, it has happened many times before and I don't care to have to send back and reorder it)

But like I said, either way, debit cards are not like credit cards in the sense they are not always willing to fight and dispute a charge for you. I use paypal for anything online that I can, and when they don't accept paypal, I generate a one time use credit card through paypal and pay that way. It is not my problem they have in their payment methods section paypal listed as a form of payment. If it doesn't work, then fine, but don't list it and not tell anyone that it only halfway works.

I will say that every time I have called everyone has been friendly and eventually got my issue resolved. But I like ordering from places where I don't have to call 3-4 times throughout the process. NewEgg.com. I have spent thousands over the past several years and I have never once had to talk to a representative there and never once been unsatisfied with my order or ever had any issues.
Old 05-11-2009, 10:41 AM   #33
hotnanas
i rock knobbies

Feedback Rating: (4)

the middle man still has to place that stuff in a box. I prefer to call up and order my things, and I haven't had any problems at all.
hotnanas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 10:42 AM   #34
hotnanas
i rock knobbies

...but I will say, if I can use paypal, i prefer it.
Old 05-11-2009, 10:43 AM   #35
Pyrofallout
<<<< S.B.N. >>>>

Member Garage

Using PayPal also keeps all my online purchases in one place where I can find them and pull up info on them if need be.
Old 05-11-2009, 10:45 AM   #36
hotnanas
i rock knobbies

you also don't have to let anyone else have access to your important credit card information.
Old 05-11-2009, 12:10 PM   #37
ALEXD
HOUSTUNNAS

Feedback Rating: (3)

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):
05 R6
SOLD-00 GSXR 750 StreetFighter
SOLD- 99 GSXR 600
SOLD-01 YAMAHA R6
03 600 RR

Teen girl saying " OMG Its just like the best website ever" DUHH!
ALEXD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 12:52 PM   #38
01 r1 jason
I GOTTA PEG LEG LOL

Experience: 8 years

Bike(s):
2003 harley street glide
fzr600 (endurance bike)
06 gsxr 1000 (race bike)
07 X6 pocket bike
05 YAMAHA R1

those guys are cool they help with anything and they ship really quick at good rates
Old 09-17-2009, 09:58 AM   #39
dbuck
Stayin' Young

Bike(s):
02 Honda Superhawk

Just ordered a new clutch cover for my KX250 from motosport.com.

Had a whoopsy last night and the bike fell and the brake lever dented the OEM. A new Boyesen cover, gasket, and oil filler cap shipped OVERNIGHT (need it by tomorrow night) for $122 (parts alone were $100).

Here's the kicker, I'm having it overnighted to Ft. Worth to a buddies house since time is of the essence. I'll give a report upon my return.

and payment was easy...over the phone via CC. lol

Just messing with ya Ryan.
Old 09-17-2009, 10:04 AM   #40
Pyrofallout
<<<< S.B.N. >>>>

Member Garage

I have since used them again and been very happy. I just won't use PayPal with them as they can't seem to make that system reliable. My complaint isn't so much that I couldn't use PayPal, its just that if you are going offer PayPal as a payment method, get it together and make sure it works, otherwise don't offer it at all.

Advertisement