Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 04-19-2009, 07:13 PM   #41
Dirty Old
Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 10+ years

05 FZ1

Ok.. how many of you have had a vehicle turn in front of them.. at a distance that did NOT allow sufficient distance for you to stop in time to avoid hitting them? Please raise your hand...

(raises hand)

I was doing 45 mph.... had 2 cars turn left in front of me. The first one had room, the second didnt. He entered my lane when I was approximately 150 or so away from him. Further complicating it, the car ahead of him stopped in the entrance driveway.
Did he stop and I failed to swerve enough, or was he still moving... I don't know. I know I FELT the impact to the bike when my hip/ was passing the left (his left) front corner of his vehicle.
I can tell you he did not have a turn signal on, and I remember thinking when I started to slow down that "He can't be stupid enough to try to turn".

Nesssary device, or not...I dunno. It's something, like seatbelts, and wind-shield wipers. It shouldn't be too hard to incorporate into newer vehicles, and doesn't really hurt anyone by having them installed. Consider too, it could be used to further penalty in the case of a failure to yield in an accident.
"new joke tomorrow..."
Ulric is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Didn't expect these cars to be so close Versatile337 Off Topic 54 12-14-2010 12:03 AM
Bikers Hit By Cow!!! Flying Scot General Discussion (Moto Related) 40 05-02-2006 07:39 PM
Old 04-19-2009, 08:24 PM   #42
warped and bent
Feedback Rating: (0)

Trackdays: 1

'07 Yammy FZ1 "the faster blue one"
'04 DR650se (sold)

Member Garage

I think it should be mandatory for everyone getting or renewing there license to pass a 10 mile driving coarse on a automatic 3 wheeler with a helmet on, a 70 ton big truck, and a passenger vehicle overstuffed with screaming kids all supplied by the DMV just so everyone gets a taste of what others have to put up with. No pass no license!
Fair is fair.
Or just do away with passenger vehicles all together so all the soccer moms will be terrified to crash their transports carrying their tax deduction.
Doesn't protect from the dopers, drunks, or generally impaired drivers that we all mingle with anyway but it would help.
My $.02

Life is too short not to ride nekkid!
Originally Posted by CaligoneTx View Post
So keep talking chit or try it.
Warpbender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 08:45 PM   #43
spring r1
Feedback Rating: (2)

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 2

07 r1
04gsxr600 track

i don't think that cagers who already don't give a t about motorcycles r going to spend money on the device...........second lets all run out and put a tracking device on our bikes if that t came on my bike from the factory i would take that t off.........if u ride a bike u have to watch out for ur own a$$ nobody else is........
spring r1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 09:06 PM   #44
Feedback Rating: (3)

Experience: 8 years
Trackdays: 10+

2011 Kawasaki ZX-10R ABS

Member Garage

Send a message via AIM to dudewhrsmybike
Originally Posted by Azylum View Post
good intentions, bad idea.

It's GREEN, it's FAST, and it says Ninja on it
dudewhrsmybike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 03:50 AM   #45

H-D Sportster 48

Send a message via AIM to CBRguyIZcool
sounds good but it doesnt stop peoples stupidity. i mean i see the seat belt light blinking and i never really wore it. stop noticing it after awhile.
CBRguyIZcool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 06:32 AM   #46
Guitar Man
Keep moving!!!!>>>>>>>>>>

2013 Suzuki V Strom DL650 22,000 miles
09 Yamaha FZ6 59,651 miles (RIP)
07 Yamaha FZ6 39,668 miles (RIP)
73 Triumph Tiger 750
Cannondale Quick CX4 (Pedal Powaa!!)

Wow. What a thread.

Lots of good thoughts going on in here. Everytime I get on the bike everyone is out to get me. I am constantly aware of my surroundings and looking for exit routes in case someone wants to try something stupid. And I never stay in blind spots any longer than I can help it. Plus I don't watch my guages in the car or on a bike. 99% of the time I'm looking at the road. So if this device were installed on my vehicle I would probably not even be looking at it because I'm going to see the bike way before this device would detect it.

Oh. And by the way. Welcome to Motohouston VetteJim.
2013 Suzuki V-Strom 22,000 miles.U.S.: AL, AK, AZ, CA, CO, FL, GA, ID, KS, LA, MS, MT, NV, NM, NC, OK, OR, TN, TX, UT, WA, WY. Canada: AB, BC, YT.

Last edited by Guitar Man; 04-20-2009 at 06:35 AM.
Guitar Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 06:52 AM   #47

eh. i took msf when i was 15 and still constantly check my mirrors and surroundings. the one wreck i was in was unavoidable. i was side swiped when a guy cut over 3 lanes and wippedinto a parking lot and as he did that i slid into him and t boned him. ive been pushed off the road countless times. and almost hit a dozen more. msf has helped me become aware. you sir need msf. and it is a good idea. but not practical.
klassik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 08:23 AM   #48
Coast Rider
Arron Smith

douche. waa waa waa
Coast Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 08:35 AM   #49
Donkey punch 2 the soul

Experience: 1-3 months

2007 CBR600RR
02 XR100(tarded)
07 CRF50 (mini tard)

This is what I do... I malodramagically look over at a car if I pass it, like Im about to make a lane change...
This method seems malodramagically delicious. Sorry, it caught my eye and gave me a good laugh.

I'm not sure one way or the other about this idea. Maybe it has merit, maybe it doesn't. If I were smart enough to pick the brilliant ideas before they started pulling in the coin I'd be sitting in the garage at my mansion watching two naked playboy bunnies put the second coat of wax on my Ferrari instead of sitting in my cubicle typing this post.
kibitzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 08:40 AM   #50
Chubby Racer
The Confusion

Experience: 8 years
Trackdays: 10+

'07 R6
'02 KLX110(tarded)

Send a message via ICQ to Chubby Racer Send a message via AIM to Chubby Racer Send a message via MSN to Chubby Racer Send a message via Yahoo to Chubby Racer
Originally Posted by VetteJim View Post
Obviously it will only work if it is Turned On. So anyone who doesn't want to be "seen" because they ride with Warrants/unlicenced/etc, or "scared of not knowing where the biker is" can Turn It Off.

Like the Blog said, "No debate issue" and only the selfish squids riders and car drivers that don't have awareness as to when it is beneficial will even Try to debate this.
is it your blog?
A motorcycle is a joy machine. It's a machine of wonders, a metal bird, a motorized prosthetic. It's light and dark and shiny and dirty and warm and cold lapping over each other; it's a conduit of grace, it's a catalyst for bonding the gritty and the holy.

CMRA #302
Chubby Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 09:02 AM   #51

Experience: 1 year

2004 Kawasaki ZX-6R

but it is the motorcyclists' responsibility to watch for their own safety.

and the also the idea or mechanisms or technology to save your ..this is what "you" will expect when your in traffic but "they = cagers" will not
pelochas is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 09:24 AM   #52

2008 Night Rod Special(s)
2008 1200 Sportster(s)
2008 Triumph Bonneville(w)
2008 Triumph Sprint ST
2010 Ducati Streetfighter

User is banned

morvegil is offline   Reply With Quote