MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 04-19-2009, 05:04 PM   #21
Flat Black

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 5 years
Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
CBR 929rr
1974 CB750
1979 Yamaha xt500
Assorted Ratbikes and bobber projects
Always looking for an old Triumph

Part of the patent process is researching that your idea has not already been used and FYI it has.

Stop blowing smoke. You must present a patent number in order to protect your ideas.
What exactly are you after posting this?
Money?
Support?

Back to the drawing board please
Flat Black is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Didn't expect these cars to be so close Versatile337 Off Topic 54 12-14-2010 12:03 AM
Bikers Hit By Cow!!! Flying Scot General Discussion (Moto Related) 40 05-02-2006 07:39 PM
Advertisement
Old 04-19-2009, 05:07 PM   #22
Squared

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):
2006 Kawasaki Ninja 650r
92' Nissan Pickup

Dude this would be so much easier if you just implanted the device in every biker. I say in the thigh or back of the neck.

This is MY idea (if not previously recorded somewhere), officially recorded this day of April 19, 2009.

Also, you do know just saying you have a patent on something doesn't patent it, right? You actually need to submit paper-work to the patent office and whatnot...

From a website:

A patent is actually a two-step process. You should start by filing a provisional patent application, and then follow with a regular patent application within a year.

A provisional patent application requires you to present a detailed description of the invention (what it is, how to make it, how to use it, etc.), and high-quality drawings with exact measurements and specific details, along with a $150 application fee.

A regular patent application is more complex and usually requires the help of professional drafters to produce drawings and diagrams, an absolutely clear-cut written description of the invention, and a claim, which specifies how the invention is unique. Wikipedia defines a claim as a description which includes “details that particularly point out and define the scope of the subject matter for which exclusive rights are sought by the patent applicant. The exclusive rights are limited to the subject matter encompassed by the patent's claims.” Claims can be made in the form of a simple, but long sentence, e.g. "A chemical for making hair grow, consisting of the herb chamomile, a 20 percent vitamin E, ..."

For more detailed information, check the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO) website, which contains all necessary forms for an application.
Squared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 05:09 PM   #23
Azylum
The Chosen One

Feedback Rating: (23)

Experience: 8 years
Trackdays: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by VetteJim View Post
As soon as someone mentions Fear of police finding them, you Red Flag yourself for a mentality that strongly states that you are not very responsible. Therefore require a curtain frankness to get through that way of thinking.

The first sign of a hater of any type is someone that First picks something apart someone else started, rather than acknowledge or get to know the person for why they thought of it. Then see if there is something good to it, or even good intention and then help them mold it.

Out of the abundance of the heart, the mouth speaks.
so basically youre trying to justify why youre whining about people giving their opposing opinions on the matter.
Old 04-19-2009, 05:12 PM   #24
Squared

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):
2006 Kawasaki Ninja 650r
92' Nissan Pickup

Also, after searching patents for about 5 minutes, I found something that pretty much dissolves any claim you had to this idea...

http://www.google.com/patents?id=a-Y...torcycle+alert

Originally designed for a bicycle,

Patent #6411896 Method and system for providing warnings to drivers of vehicles about slow-moving, fast-moving, or stationary objects located around the vehicles Jun 25, 2002

There's a lot more too.

1. A cycle mounted cycle-mounted vehicle proximity warning device, comprising:

a vehicle detector circuit including a transmitting and receiving antenna, the vehicle detector circuit capable of detecting a vehicle proximately located with respect to a cycle and emitting a signal responsive thereto;
a rider alarm circuit including an alarm emitting output means for communicating to the rider that a vehicle is proximately located with respect to the cycle;
a cycle-mounted vehicle alert circuit including visual output means for alerting the driver of the proximately located vehicle wherein the visual output means is capable of emitting a visual output at a rate of between about three times per second and about five times per second;
a control and timing circuit engaged with the vehicle detector circuit, the rider alarm circuit and the vehicle alert circuit for controlling the rider alarm circuit and vehicle alert circuit in response to the vehicle detector circuit signaling of the proximately located vehicle;
a power supply for powering the circuits of the vehicle proximity warning device;
means for mounting the antenna of the vehicle detector circuit to the cycle such that the antenna faces the rear of the cycle; and
an external control circuit for engaging the control and timing circuit of the vehicle proximity warning device, the external central circuit capable of allowing the rider to manually check the operation of the unit.
Squared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 05:15 PM   #25
miraculous dan
Quality tuna fish.

Feedback Rating: (6)

Bike(s):
Honda VFR

Quote:
As soon as someone mentions Fear of police finding them, you Red Flag yourself for a mentality that strongly states that you are not very responsible. Therefore require a curtain frankness to get through that way of thinking.

The first sign of a hater of any type is someone that First picks something apart someone else started, rather than acknowledge or get to know the person for why they thought of it. Then see if there is something good to it, or even good intention and then help them mold it.

As soon as someone starts mispelling and Capatalizing Random Words, you Red Flag yourslelf for a mentality that strongly states that you are not very smart.

Also- multiple pronoun reference errors, illogical word choice (a mentality can not "state" anything, "the first sign...is someone"), unnecessary commas, sentence fragments, and sentence run-ons.
miraculous dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 05:17 PM   #26
miraculous dan
Quality tuna fish.

Bike(s):
Honda VFR

Quote:

We acknowledged why you started what you did. You're trying to get rich. Your heart must be overflowing with greed!
Old 04-19-2009, 05:26 PM   #27
CaligoneTx
Forest Gnome Tour Guide

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
Triumph 675r
Ducati 748
Hyosungs (250r + 650r)
Honda 900rr
Suzuki Busa1300r (+2 bikes)

Send a message via AIM to CaligoneTx Send a message via Yahoo to CaligoneTx
There is no replacement for experience.

Many riders out there put themselves in harms way.

Motorcycling is transportation but also a risk. Its not the safest way to travel. Great idea for consideration, but in my opinion people that wouldnt understand the reasoning behind it, nor likely to use it are the very people you are marketing it for... the cagers.

Manufactorers would need to do serious modifications to their vehicles(we're talking money) to include such a device. First there needs to be a concern from the four-wheeling community for such a solution. I would imagine before manufactorers step up and invest time/money in research the answer would be to be more aggressive w law enforcement on safety for bikes as well as safety campaignes/modified and added MSF/BRC information.

Example: the tire warning system mandatory on 09 vehicles. They are failing and bad even on BMWs. Its costing every manufacturer alot of money. So the requirement has been lifted to sub systems and a fine for the manufacturer. Very little has been accomplished other then rolling the cost into the vehicles for the customers to pick up.
Old 04-19-2009, 05:32 PM   #28
VetteJim

Experience: 2 years

Send a message via Yahoo to VetteJim
Rape and Murder are wrong, and cars that don't see or pay attention to motorcyclist hit/kill them.

"This is a No Debate Issue"

But hey, that's just me saying it. That doesn't mean it's true.

GOTCHA/CheckMATE lol
VetteJim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 05:36 PM   #29
miraculous dan
Quality tuna fish.

Bike(s):
Honda VFR

Quote:
Rape and Murder are wrong, and cars that don't see or pay attention to motorcyclist hit/kill them.

But hey, that's just me saying it. That doesn't mean it's true.

GOTCHA/CheckMATE lol
A car can't run over a motorcycle that isn't there.

If we ban motorcycles it would decrease the amount of motorcycle accidents by over 137%. MY LOGIC IS IRREFUTABLE. King me.
Old 04-19-2009, 05:42 PM   #30
didimao0072000

Bike(s):
50cc metropolitan

Quote:
and Lanzer913: What is the price of a human life? Once developed for production, and All that will be Sold, the price Will be made affordabel even to the sinical pessimist (miss spell probably).
price is not the issue. if it costs fifty cents, i would not buy this product. , if it was free, i would not install this on any my automobiles.

seriously, have you really thought this thoroughly before you "patented" it?
didimao0072000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 05:45 PM   #31
VetteJim

mir dan: The definition of a Know It All off to the Rabbit trails.

Anyone else want to put on their trail shoes. Anyone can take ANY comment someone says and pick it apart, and go on trails.

Isn't that 90% of what chats/blogs consist of?

I am reminded now of why I don't Blog or Chat; people from who knows where with who knows what intent on life.

GHEEEWIZZZ
Old 04-19-2009, 05:48 PM   #32
Soup
Smells like lavender..

Bike(s):
Dirty6

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaligoneTx View Post
ok...

but it is the motorcyclists' responsibility to watch for their own safety.

Period.
Man, +1000
If the driver didn't see you it was because you're riding on their blind spot.
Either slow down or get ahead where they can see you.

You have to be aware of your surroundings.......

MSF?
Soup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 05:50 PM   #33
miraculous dan
Quality tuna fish.

Bike(s):
Honda VFR

Quote:

Anyone else want to put on their trail shoes. Anyone can take ANY comment someone says and pick it apart, and go on trails.

I am reminded now of why I don't Blog or Chat; people from who knows where with who knows what intent on life.

GHEEEWIZZZ
You seem to have a strange fascination with trails. And delicious Cheez Whiz.
Old 04-19-2009, 05:57 PM   #34
evobusa7
<(<-_->)>

Bike(s):
07 crf 50cc (88cc) stunt

Send a message via Yahoo to evobusa7
Loud exhaust ftmfw
Old 04-19-2009, 06:06 PM   #35
CaligoneTx
Forest Gnome Tour Guide

Feedback Rating: (1)

Bike(s):
Triumph 675r
Ducati 748
Hyosungs (250r + 650r)
Honda 900rr
Suzuki Busa1300r (+2 bikes)

Send a message via AIM to CaligoneTx Send a message via Yahoo to CaligoneTx
Quote:
Originally Posted by evobusa7 View Post
Loud exhaust ftmfw
That has been discussed before on the boards; most of the time the bike still isn't heard until beside the vehicle.

Those who ride in my groups have noticed and commented that my head is always moving. This is what I do... I malodramagically look over at a car if I pass it, like Im about to make a lane change. My eyes dont move further then the mirror, but the helmet moves all the way over. I do this every couple of minutes, both sides. Cars will back off and not ride your sides if you do this.
Old 04-19-2009, 06:11 PM   #36
didimao0072000

Bike(s):
50cc metropolitan

Quote:

GHEEEWIZZZ
dude.. if you want to be an “inventor” lol, you’re going to have to grow some thicker skin. take the current criticism and come up with a better “patented” product lol… seriously, if you came on american idol sounding like a retarded monkey, wouldn’t you want honest criticism?
didimao0072000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 06:31 PM   #37
FlipSideUp
This Flip Rides Nekkid

Feedback Rating: (13)

Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
'03 Honda 919 Hornet
'89 Yamaha FZR400 Trackbike
'83 Honda CB650SC Nighthawk
'07 Step-2 (ok, it's my daughter's)

The intentions are good, so kudos to you!

However, I can see every cager with this device installed in their vehicle getting more, and more at motorcyclists everytime the thing goes off! It'll be worse than false alerts from a radar detector, because it'll be going off constantly... everytime a biker rides past, everytime a rider is starting his bike, every time a rider is anywhere near a car... which is always. Every car on the road, in the parking lot... anywhere beeping, and beeping, and beeping, and beeping . If it doesn't annoy them to all , they'll learn to ignore it no differently than a radar detector's false alerts, or a freight train rolling by your house several times a day.
FlipSideUp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 06:37 PM   #38
pester
Black olives matter

Feedback Rating: (12)

Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
2007 yamaha fz6
1998 yamaha wr 400 motard

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by miraculous dan View Post
I read it. It's a dumb idea. Human lives do have prices, both in money and convenience. This exceeds both. The fact you "patented" your idea just goes to show you're more considered with making a buck yourself rather than getting this AWESOME LIFE SAVING IDEA out there and in use as quickly as possible.
yes just as everyone else. i dont see him as a money maker
just as a business man. like everyone else

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1sickGixxer View Post
nevermind ima bumbass and ill get my wife 2 do it 2nite.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyt915 View Post
I know enough Spanish to stick you with a knife cabron
pester is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 06:45 PM   #39
VetteJim

Thank you FLIPSIDEUP

Obviously your comments are valid considerations, however, like said before, and like the Radar Dedector:

The thing can be Turned Off, Turned Down, Just a Light ONLY, or Not Bought at all. This is the refute to anyones disagreements, plain and simple. Sonce no one is forcing it on anyone, Just like the Radar Detector, it will be the same.

Someone said something about "thick skin"
That I do have, I could care less what the rebutles are, it's just the Pathetic spirit of people in them. And these are the people on the road perpetuating the negative Stereotype of bike riders.

The Radar Detector is not owned by all, but those who have it love it and want it, and others who don't--don't buy it.

Frankly I don't need a Radar Detector, never had one, and still have less pull overs even then most who have a Radar D- and still have tickets.

So those who don't want a Beacon-er on their bike, Don't Buy It, and the cars either and so on...

If anyone doesn't think they need it, that doesn't mean plenty of others wouldn't want it. There are plenty of Know It All people, maybe only the Elderly and the Newby/Teenagers want it. Who knows?
Old 04-19-2009, 06:55 PM   #40
Mala Lingua
Optimistic Cynic

Feedback Rating: (5)

Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
'06 600RR (Mogee)
Phifty (Fuglee)

"Many times this is happening because the "Biker" is not seen on the road, due to many reasons. The reasons are irrelevant really."

Irrelevant? A safe rider will find these reasons wholly relevant.

"...quietly/visually Alerts the automobile driver. This Motorcycle In Range device can be as SIMPLE as a L.E.D. light OR Sound Beep of some sort."

Gonna have to make all those drivers turn those radios down and stay off their cell phones (one of those irrelevant reasons drivers fail to notice their surroundings).

"THIS IS AN ISSUE OF NOOO DEBATE."

If only I had the motivation to list all the whackos with ideas that they were convinced no one could--or should--debate.
Mala Lingua is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement