MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > Taking it to the Track
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 04-17-2009, 05:54 PM   #1
Brian f.

Feedback Rating: (0)

Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
06 CRF450 Tard FOR SALE!!!!!!
2007 1000RR
K8 750 Track bike
Racecar 8.02 @ 169 FOR SALE, not for faint of heart

Which track do you struggle at............

............and why???? What is it about the one track that just seems to give you the most trouble and how do you think you will beat it?

For me thus far its hands down MSRH. Im not quite sure what it was, maybe b/c the first outing of the year, but that track just kicked my a$$ for 2 days a couple months ago. I could not catch a "flow" or feel comfortable there. Ive got to go back soon and see if i can do better, i think i just need to relax and be alittle more "forcefull" with the bike in the tighter/technical areas. I really do not like putting lots of input into the bars or quick moves in the slower turns and i think that kills me. I have many flaws in my riding but that track seemed to bring out the worst in all of them.

So, thought i'd ask you guys, which track just seems to be your kryptonite?
Brian f. is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 04-17-2009, 05:56 PM   #2
ileono918
On hiatus

Feedback Rating: (4)

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 1

GSS, seems to bring my vices really bad. I will conquer that b*tch this year.
ileono918 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 06:04 PM   #3
Hooligan
Presrvtionthrudestruction

Feedback Rating: (3)

Experience: 5 years

Bike(s):
08 CBR 600rr
06 GSXR600
07 Honda crf50 (stunt)
Your mom

Send a message via AIM to Hooligan
GSS, only cuz I havnt rode that track but 2 or 3 times. Every time I go back it feels like im at a track ive never even rode, almost like restarting.
I learned the awesomeness that is Hooligan.
Never trust your own eyes, believe what you are told.
Hooligan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 06:07 PM   #4
SCRC John
Why am I not a MH sponsor

Feedback Rating: (5)

Experience: 10+ years

Member Garage

Cresson, only because I have only ridden it a handfull of times. To me MSRH does not flow well, but it is close.

Fix: Ride more
SCRC John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 06:11 PM   #5
tomLSTD
LSTD Mob Cappo

Feedback Rating: (2)

Member Garage

Oak Hill will always be my nemesis. I have a hard time finding any speed there, and when I do, it seems everyone else does too and I'm right back where I started!

I don't understand why folks think the Angleton track is so hard though, there's nothing to it. Once you find your way around it there is no challenge any more (other than pushing the edges of traction and personal limits). It's flat, has poor pavement, doesn't flow well. IMHO of course. It's a place to get seat time, but that's about it.

I felt very comfortable at GSS the first time I rode it, and it was fun, but it's got the same issues as Angleton- flat and has no real challenge once you figure out which way it goes.

$.02
Old 04-17-2009, 06:12 PM   #6
bubby
Candie's Pit Crew!

Bike(s):
'07 600RR, '09 Kawi 250

Eagles Canyon. Always felt slick and never got the feel of the track..Need lots more seat time there!
Old 04-17-2009, 06:14 PM   #7
Brian f.

Bike(s):
2007 1000RR
K8 750 Track bike

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubby View Post
Eagles Canyon. Always felt slick and never got the feel of the track..Need lots more seat time there!
Ewwww, yeah, im going there for the first time in 2 weeks. Im hoping i enjoy that track and that it feels "natural" out there for me since its close.
Old 04-17-2009, 06:16 PM   #8
tomLSTD
LSTD Mob Cappo

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian f. View Post
Ewwww, yeah, im going there for the first time in 2 weeks. Im hoping i enjoy that track and that it feels "natural" out there for me since its close.
I'll tow you around, I love this track's layout. I had a lot of fun there last year
Old 04-17-2009, 06:21 PM   #9
Mongrel

Bike(s):
SV650

For me it is the Las Vegas Classic Course. I love the layout, but I never seem to have any good results there. Eagles Canyon is a very fun track for me. It just seemed to click for me and I have been able to go pretty fast there. I am still struggling on parts of MSR Cresson, but I do like the layout and flow of that track in both directions. I think I just need more seat time there.
CMRA #161 RRSW (CCS) #61
Mongrel Racing
Faith69
Roof Helmets
Dunlop Tires
Mongrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 06:23 PM   #10
Candie

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 9 years

Bike(s):
2013 Ninja 300
07 CBR 600RR (sold)
09 Ninja 250 (sold)
04 CBR 600RR (sold)
04 GSXR 600 (sold)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian f. View Post

I loved EC! It clicked for me my first view laps and I had a blast both days I rode there.

For me it is TWS (Texas World Speedway). I just never felt comfortable there until I rode it the first time on my 07 RR. I finally got a good feel for it. I was so excited to ride it again after that.......... Well my very next time there Tommade me wreck and I had to start all over again. I am determined to slay that demon this year!
Old 04-17-2009, 06:27 PM   #11
Brian f.

Bike(s):
2007 1000RR
K8 750 Track bike

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candie View Post
I loved EC! It clicked for me my first view laps and I had a blast both days I rode there.

For me it is TWS (Texas World Speedway). I just never felt comfortable there until I rode it the first time on my 07 RR. I finally got a good feel for it. I was so excited to ride it again after that.......... Well my very next time there Tommade me wreck and I had to start all over again. I am determined to slay that demon this year!
Where did you go down at TWS (Texas World Speedway)?

See now that track is my best/favorite. This is probably based mostly upon the fact its not very technical and just fast and flowing. Fits my eye better than most although if $hit slow through the horseshoe and chicane, but that track brings me the most enjoyment.

Followed by Hallet Raceway ironically, but probably only b/c i have put down the most laps there

If you had to compare ECR to another track, or a combo of say......2 tracks, what would it compare to??? This could tell me alot beleive it or not before i even go out there.
Old 04-17-2009, 06:53 PM   #12
Candie

Bike(s):
2013 Ninja 300
07 CBR 600RR (sold)
09 Ninja 250 (sold)
04 CBR 600RR (sold)
04 GSXR 600 (sold)

I think TWS (Texas World Speedway) was hard for me because I learn to ride track at MSRH. I prolly did 10-12 trackdays at MSRH before I rode any other track. MSRH is kinda narrow with not a lot of fast straights where as TWS (Texas World Speedway) is wide and with some very nice very fast straights. So I got used to riding one specific line like you have to at MSRH to TWS (Texas World Speedway) where there are a couple lines that work well. TWS (Texas World Speedway) is an awesome track but I have yet to get really comfortable there.

I wrecked in 8 at TWS (Texas World Speedway). I waited to try and pass a slower rider and had an oh moment and stood the bike up and ran of the track. It was totally my fault. I know if I would have commited to the turn I could have passed the rider and completed the turn no problem.

As far as EC. I compare it to GSS and Cresson. GSS because EC surface was nice and smooth. I rode it back in April of last year it may not be as smooth as it was then now. I am sure someone who has been there recently can chime in on that. And Cresson because it have nice elevation changes. I really do Love EC and am looking forward to going back this summer.
Old 04-17-2009, 07:49 PM   #13
tomLSTD
LSTD Mob Cappo

Member Garage

Quote:
As far as EC. I compare it to GSS and Cresson. GSS because EC surface was nice and smooth. I rode it back in April of last year it may not be as smooth as it was then now. I am sure someone who has been there recently can chime in on that. And Cresson because it have nice elevation changes.
Good comparison there, couldn't agree more.

Quote:
Well my very next time there Tommade me wreck and I had to start all over again. I am determined to slay that demon this year!
Easy now! That kick in the crotch hurts ya'know!

You were riding very well that day too, 'twas a shame about the crash and slow recovery
Old 04-17-2009, 08:13 PM   #14
dbuck
Stayin' Young

Bike(s):
02 Honda Superhawk

Send a message via AIM to dbuck
Quote:

As far as EC. I compare it to GSS and Cresson. GSS because EC surface was nice and smooth. I rode it back in April of last year it may not be as smooth as it was then now. I am sure someone who has been there recently can chime in on that. And Cresson because it have nice elevation changes. I really do Love EC and am looking forward to going back this summer.
nice, you typed it so I didn't have to. I rode there last October and I liked it better than any other track. The elevation changes are sick, plenty of speed too, but the blind left off the back straight can be tricky....just got to hope no one is sitting on the track on the other side of the crest. And then there is the downhill double apex that leads into an uphill sweeping right turn. I can't wait to see that track again. Can you tell?

very green track early in the morning, but once it heats up a little, traction wasn't an issue for me. I turned some prettygood lap times (what I thought to be "fast paced laps") following that Tom dude who posted above me.

Last edited by dbuck; 04-17-2009 at 08:15 PM.
dbuck is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 08:26 PM   #15
tomLSTD
LSTD Mob Cappo

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbuck View Post
nice, you typed it so I didn't have to. I rode there last October and I liked it better than any other track. The elevation changes are sick, plenty of speed too, but the blind left off the back straight can be tricky....just got to hope no one is sitting on the track on the other side of the crest. And then there is the downhill double apex that leads into an uphill sweeping right turn. I can't wait to see that track again. Can you tell?

very green track early in the morning, but once it heats up a little, traction wasn't an issue for me. I turned some prettygood lap times (what I thought to be "fast paced laps") trying to follow that Tom dude who waited as long as he could for me until he had to open the throttle fully posted above me.

You were rollin' well out there that day, you're right about the traction too. By the second session of the day the traction was all good
Old 04-17-2009, 08:43 PM   #16
level5
moving chicane

I have problems at every track. That's why I am slow. Can't decide which is better, I like them all.
level5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 09:21 PM   #17
BrutusTx

Member Garage

Small (new) track at Cresson, I've only been there once but I never got comfortable there. Maybe because there is (for me) no time to catch my breath and think about what is next? Might be just old age too.
Old 04-17-2009, 09:48 PM   #18
996Pilot
Aerobatics Junkie

Bike(s):

Cresson! I have never been able to make it flow for me no matter which direction we ride. I felt the same about MSRH, but have finally gotten around there without problems (now I just need more speed )
It's a mental block I'm sure so my solution would be to ride it a heck of a whole lot more, but if I'm going to go out there, I'll conquer ECR 1st.
996Pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2009, 06:08 AM   #19
Turnerscasa
Box it, or bin it!

Bike(s):
2008 CBR1000RR
2007 GSXR750

TWS (Texas World Speedway),, I still have some cornners I'm working out. I just havent got to where I feel like it flows for me yet.
Turnerscasa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2009, 07:12 AM   #20
Candie

Bike(s):
2013 Ninja 300
07 CBR 600RR (sold)
09 Ninja 250 (sold)
04 CBR 600RR (sold)
04 GSXR 600 (sold)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turnerscasa View Post
TWS (Texas World Speedway),, I still have some cornners I'm working out. I just havent got to where I feel like it flows for me yet.
It is nice to know that I am not the only one who struggles at TWS (Texas World Speedway)! I thought about it last night and really the only places I have a hard time at is T1 and T8.

Advertisement