MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 04-17-2009, 09:39 AM   #41
specterunseen
El Brilliante

Feedback Rating: (3)

Experience: 1 year
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
Kawasaki EX250 (dead due to mechanical failure)
Kawasaki EX500 (on loan from a friend)
Pending, bikeless once the 500 gone :-(
Want Husky 510SMR or KTM 690 SMC to continue the hooligan activity

wow. some priceless comment. good points... especially about how other riders might act... i guess i'll revaulate my position on this due to your great wisdom... :-)
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Jay Newton Gets The Nod!! gofast353 Taking it to the Track 6 03-30-2015 09:32 PM
Hacking gets Kawasaki nod for Laguna MotoGP. Grinchy Taking it to the Track 26 07-15-2008 12:28 PM
Advertisement
Old 04-17-2009, 01:13 PM   #42
cashtown
Lawyers Guns and Money

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
'05 Hayabusa '98 ZX-6E

I grew up out in the country and even well into the '90s you'd raise a couple fingers off of the steering wheel in a wave at every truck you passed going in the other direction.

Miss those days. I go back now and habitually do it and only old ranchers ever remember to wave back.

Fat Freddy says, "Busas are for posing!"
cashtown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 01:19 PM   #43
dbuck
Stayin' Young

Feedback Rating: (5)

Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
02 Honda Superhawk

Send a message via AIM to dbuck
Quote:
Originally Posted by DvlRacer View Post
Don't hate me because I'm beautiful. I can't count how many times some jackass has come up while I'm filling up and said "Sweet bike! I used to have a CBR 750!"

"Yeah?! I used to fill up gas without assbags annoying the out of me!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashtown View Post
I grew up out in the country and even well into the '90s you'd raise a couple fingers off of the steering wheel in a wave at every truck you passed going in the other direction.

Miss those days. I go back now and habitually do it and only old ranchers ever remember to wave back.
some still do it out in E TX, but only if you're driving a truck....save your energy if you're in a car and trying to wave to trucks. lol
dbuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 11:59 PM   #44
lonnief2
Kind of a troll now

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):
2008 Suzuki GSXR 750
totally totaled

Send a message via AIM to lonnief2 Send a message via Yahoo to lonnief2 Send a message via Skype™ to lonnief2
i almost thought it was me, i live near there and pass thru often and i have both a Suzuki jacket and icon field armor vest, but never once wore them at the same time so im in the clear. But ummmm how are u mad that someone didnt turn all the way around and give u their full attention, is he/she supposed to be checking their mirrors for a bike? if someone pulls up behind me and stays behind me then i figure they dont want to be bothered to begin with, and if u see me i suggest u dont attempt to do more than wave or nod b/c i am not pausing my music to hear mindless dribble sorry now i did have a guy at westheimer/westheimer pkwy see me and even backed his cruiser up next to me and i went ahead and paused it for him, i figured if he went thru all that then fck it ill give him a second lol

Gary u havent logged in to AIM in a min or what? i need your # again i lost my contacts my phone is fugged and i have to wait for a replacement, ummm Keith i dont even remember if i had yours but whenever u wanna hang out (and you're in the houston area ) just let me know

ps i didnt realize my initial reply was so long winded, sawry
lonnief2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2009, 12:15 AM   #45
FlipSideUp
This Flip Rides Nekkid

Feedback Rating: (13)

Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
'03 Honda 919 Hornet
'89 Yamaha FZR400 Trackbike
'83 Honda CB650SC Nighthawk
'07 Step-2 (ok, it's my daughter's)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashtown View Post

That's the first thing I noticed when I moved here from Jersey. It wasn't just trucks, but any country road with any type vehicle. I drove a car, and I'd get a wave hi. I was like "... you never get this kinda love in Joizee! WTF is goin' on?!"

No seriously... I thought it was pretty refreshing to see this kind of hospitality. Too bad those days are long gone, as road rage has taken its place.
FlipSideUp is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement