MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 04-15-2009, 06:30 PM   #61
pester
Black olives matter

Feedback Rating: (12)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
2007 yamaha fz6
1998 yamaha wr 400 motard

Member Garage

i did a trackday. it was good . but not enough, i like the streets more than anything

i know the risks and i very well accept them, i keep my bike legal and in very good working order

now with this bike i feel like we are one. no complaints. i have learned to guess ppl movements and react accordingly,

i respect ppl that do track only. but i will never understand why they say the track is safer

might be safer than freeways. but just think about those pins in collar bones and such

we all gonna hurt anyway, is not the money, is just the thrill is diferent

for each and every one of us

lets all be safe, and enjoy motorcycling in any shape we like

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1sickGixxer View Post
nevermind ima bumbass and ill get my wife 2 do it 2nite.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyt915 View Post
I know enough Spanish to stick you with a knife cabron
pester is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Is street riding worth it ? duston98 General Discussion (Moto Related) 50 07-18-2012 01:24 PM
What tires do you think are the best for street riding?? Stryker Performance and Modifications 49 01-31-2012 05:19 PM
Its official, no more street riding for me!!!! Metzzen1 General Discussion (Moto Related) 40 07-07-2009 03:32 PM
Street riding story BigComfy General Discussion (Moto Related) 15 06-07-2007 12:42 PM
Advertisement
Old 04-16-2009, 11:23 AM   #62
BigComfy

Feedback Rating: (3)

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
SV1k (sold)
CRB6 Track Bike (sold)
Daytona 1200 (parted)
1st Gen FZ1 (sold)
1st Gen SV650 (sold)

Member Garage

I've been riding the streets lately and man its flipping scary out here! I miss the track...
BigComfy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 11:26 AM   #63
GRIFF
CMRA#730

Feedback Rating: (30)

Bike(s):
2009 Ducati (qaak qaak)
2008 GSXR750 (Race)
KTM 950R (trouble maker)
Texas badest 50 (stunt)
etc,etc, toy box keeps changin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooligan View Post
I love riding the streets, I love riding the track, I love every aspect of riding motorcycles. Ill be at the Drag strip with my neibhors friday night, the track saturday and maybe a nice cruise through coldsprings on sunday. Ive met alot of people riding backroads and just riding around to ASI or HAK, Ive met alot of people who dont understand what the track is. It seems like no matter how many riders I talk to or give a Ride Smart flyer out to, theres always newbies that no nothing and flat out need help. If we all just quit riding the street, who is to help these newbies?? Or I could just sit here on the computer all day and say "riding the streets is dangerous blah blah blah..." nah, that aint me. OK so riding around Houston highways get old fast, so go explore some backroads. You dont have to haul azz to get satisfaction, we had a PERFECT Fayetteville ride last friday, cruising the entire way. Go out to Fayetteville in afternoon and sight-see, youll be very impressed, it never gets old.

Like I said before, I feel sorry for people that dont get satisfaction out of riding around the streets.

WELL SAID!!!!
GRIFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 02:20 PM   #64
paniro187

Feedback Rating: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigpat728 View Post
i will never give up the streets. but i don't have to ride my bike everyday like some people. the only time i ride is when we go on a ride out to the country side. i understand what your saying. but what are you going to do when the track season in over? i think this year, we rode the whole year. like hooli said. we don't have to go out to enjoy the ride. but just to have fun with our friends and ride and have a good lunch 150 miles away from home is always fun.
People that say things like this have never been to the track before. Try it and then you can make a educated descision.

When you add emotion to any equation, you can't trust the results-Unknown
paniro187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 02:33 PM   #65
chase
LOCTITE

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 4 years

Bike(s):
07 yamaha R6

pat has been to the track once for sure, maybe more im not sure
Old 04-16-2009, 02:57 PM   #66
bigpat728
fastest Flip on MH

Bike(s):
'97 kawasaki ninja 250

Send a message via AIM to bigpat728
Quote:
Originally Posted by paniro187 View Post
People that say things like this have never been to the track before. Try it and then you can make a educated descision.
i've been on a track, and i love it. i'll be on the track next weekend. but i also love to ride. the whole point of this thread is about being safe on the streets. as far people pulling out infront of you and knows what else happens to people out there while riding. that's just life. we can fall out chair and hit our heads on the floor. and we could die. i hate to say it. but it happens.

riding track is safe, but still dangerous as well. that's the risk we take everytime we get on motorycle.
Old 04-16-2009, 06:34 PM   #67
chase
LOCTITE

Experience: 4 years

Bike(s):
07 yamaha R6

its possible to fall out of chairs?!?!

wtf, no more street riding, or chair sitting for me
Old 04-16-2009, 06:41 PM   #68
specterunseen
El Brilliante

Experience: 1 year

Bike(s):
Kawasaki EX250 (dead due to mechanical failure)
Kawasaki EX500 (on loan from a friend)
Pending, bikeless once the 500 gone :-(
Want Husky 510SMR or KTM 690 SMC to continue the hooligan activity

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigpat728 View Post
i've been on a track, and i love it. i'll be on the track next weekend. but i also love to ride. the whole point of this thread is about being safe on the streets. as far people pulling out infront of you and knows what else happens to people out there while riding. that's just life. we can fall out chair and hit our heads on the floor. and we could die. i hate to say it. but it happens.

riding track is safe, but still dangerous as well. that's the risk we take everytime we get on motorycle.
well said. think of all the "freak" accidents that happen. Take precautions to avoid being a Darwin award, squidding it etc... but realize that things that are enjoyable sometimes come with some risk...

now if you walked this road and thought no risk involved, then you ARE stupid. That's a little different. Give me rush hour traffic anyday over this. Wow.
Old 04-16-2009, 06:44 PM   #69
07SLVRCBR
October '08 BOTM

Feedback Rating: (4)

Bike(s):
2007 CBR1000RR

I have a dedicated track bike and I'm plenty satisfied with it.

If I ever need street jollies, I steal the GF's 599. It's pretty fun, but pretty slow. That keeps my foolish ways on lockdown... a little.

If I get another only street bike, it's gonna be a Goldwing (no, I'm not old).

See ya @ the track!
07SLVRCBR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 06:42 AM   #70
paniro187

My bad I meant to say if you ride the track and are decently fast out there. Lol you will have more fun then a lot of street riding especially city seems to not be about riding at alla. it is more posuer like and more of a "look at me I ride a cool bike" type of thing. Cause just like what got a lot of people smoking cigs, bikes look cool and we know that and want other people to see. That's apparent in the bikes you see. Look at track bikes the majority of them are rattle can paint jobs zip ties holding fiarings. Stunters are the same way to me these are the guys that love to ride. They don't worry about rim tape, neon lighting and like that.sure a lot of those things are done to make the owner love his ride more but a lot is done for pose factor too.

If the spelling or grammer is off on this post it is because I'm posting from my blackberry.

Old 04-17-2009, 07:08 AM   #71
Hooligan
Presrvtionthrudestruction

Experience: 5 years

Bike(s):
08 CBR 600rr
06 GSXR600
07 Honda crf50 (stunt)
Your mom

Send a message via AIM to Hooligan
Actually, Pat is pretty fast on the track, we share the same opinion on this topic.
I learned the awesomeness that is Hooligan.
Never trust your own eyes, believe what you are told.
Hooligan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 07:12 AM   #72
bigpat728
fastest Flip on MH

Bike(s):
'97 kawasaki ninja 250

Send a message via AIM to bigpat728
Quote:
Originally Posted by paniro187 View Post
My bad I meant to say if you ride the track and are decently fast out there. Lol you will have more fun then a lot of street riding especially city seems to not be about riding at alla. it is more posuer like and more of a "look at me I ride a cool bike" type of thing. Cause just like what got a lot of people smoking cigs, bikes look cool and we know that and want other people to see. That's apparent in the bikes you see. Look at track bikes the majority of them are rattle can paint jobs zip ties holding fiarings. Stunters are the same way to me these are the guys that love to ride. They don't worry about rim tape, neon lighting and like that.sure a lot of those things are done to make the owner love his ride more but a lot is done for pose factor too.

If the spelling or grammer is off on this post it is because I'm posting from my blackberry.
I understand what your saying. all the guys I ride with are almost at the track, every track day. but we all still love back road riding. and when I talk about riding. I don't mean riding the streets of houston. I have a truck with A/C for that
Old 04-17-2009, 07:15 AM   #73
Hooligan
Presrvtionthrudestruction

Experience: 5 years

Bike(s):
08 CBR 600rr
06 GSXR600
07 Honda crf50 (stunt)
Your mom

Send a message via AIM to Hooligan
Quote:
Originally Posted by po-po 5.0 View Post
I can't figure out how you consider a group ride "hanging with your friends." I mean......unless you all have helmet coms and can actually talk to each other. Motorcycling, as much as we try to make it a group activity, is definetily an individual hobby.

Unless you ride 2 up, but even thats an outside case.
I completely dissagree with this statement.

When we ride, it's PM only. We invite close friends who we ride with often. Meeting up in the morning, drinkin coffee and hanging out before we head out. Stopping for lunch and hanging some more, and riding with friends, even if your not talking to eachother, still feels like your hanging out, almost like your riding is talking.

Sounds like you need to go on a group PM only ride, if you can hang...
I learned the awesomeness that is Hooligan.
Never trust your own eyes, believe what you are told.
Hooligan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 07:20 AM   #74
JRxGRUBZx

Experience: 2 years

Bike(s):
O-six six durty six (r.i.p)
07 zx6r (rip)
o-five six durty six (rip)
01 f4i - yes yes im a trader .

Quote:
Originally Posted by chase View Post
so I'm 98% sure I'm making my bike a track hoe right after Coach Dave's ride..

my question is for the people that have done the same...do you miss the street or backroads? I hate riding on the street, its boring and seems more risky than track riding...but then theres the forest, Fayetteville, coldsprngs, etc.

i love those roads but theres an even bigger risk out there sometimes..

So who has done it?

who misses the street?

Who thinks it was a better decision to go track only?
the only risk out there really is going 100+ thru a turn . Eventhough its fun
JRxGRUBZx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 07:50 AM   #75
S.D.W.
...Ready

Feedback Rating: (5)

Bike(s):
2011 ZX10 Racebike
2010 Crf450r
2009 zx6 race bike
2009 ttr110

Quote:

Sounds like you need to go on a group PM only ride, if you can hang...

These threads go back and forth. They seem to go a little off topic here as well. To each their own fellas. Lets keep it clean and remember we all enjoy the same hobby, wether its on the street or the track. Its all pavement!
Old 04-17-2009, 08:02 AM   #76
JRxGRUBZx

Experience: 2 years

Bike(s):
O-six six durty six (r.i.p)
07 zx6r (rip)
o-five six durty six (rip)
01 f4i - yes yes im a trader .

Quote:
I love riding the streets, I love riding the track, I love every aspect of riding motorcycles. Ill be at the Drag strip with my neibhors friday night, the track saturday and maybe a nice cruise through coldsprings on sunday. Ive met alot of people riding backroads and just riding around to ASI or HAK, Ive met alot of people who dont understand what the track is. It seems like no matter how many riders I talk to or give a Ride Smart flyer out to, theres always newbies that no nothing and flat out need help. If we all just quit riding the street, who is to help these newbies?? Or I could just sit here on the computer all day and say "riding the streets is dangerous blah blah blah..." nah, that aint me. OK so riding around Houston highways get old fast, so go explore some backroads. You dont have to haul azz to get satisfaction, we had a PERFECT Fayetteville ride last friday, cruising the entire way. Go out to Fayetteville in afternoon and sight-see, youll be very impressed, it never gets old.

Like I said before, I feel sorry for people that dont get satisfaction out of riding around the streets.
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlipSideUp View Post
That's what it is to me. Every aspect of motorcycling is what it's all about.

But to those that think it's only about "railing" a sportbike, then maybe the track is the only thing they need... and good on them if that's all they care for. To me, it's everthing you mentioned, and then a whole lot more then just that.
JRxGRUBZx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 09:31 AM   #77
paniro187

Quote:
Actually, Pat is pretty fast on the track, we share the same opinion on this topic.
Pretty fast you say huh.......

Old 04-17-2009, 09:53 AM   #78
cdill35

Feedback Rating: (5)

Bike(s):
2014 Phoenix 921 Pro XP w/ Merc 250 ProXS
11 Yam Zuma 125
Specialized Stumpy