MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 04-14-2009, 09:48 PM   #41
Hooligan
Presrvtionthrudestruction

Feedback Rating: (3)

Experience: 5 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
08 CBR 600rr
06 GSXR600
07 Honda crf50 (stunt)
Your mom

Send a message via AIM to Hooligan
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigpat728 View Post
i will never give up the streets. but i don't have to ride my bike everyday like some people. the only time i ride is when we go on a ride out to the country side. i understand what your saying. but what are you going to do when the track season in over? i think this year, we rode the whole year. like hooli said. we don't have to go out to enjoy the ride. but just to have fun with our friends and ride and have a good lunch 150 miles away from home is always fun.
Well said
I learned the awesomeness that is Hooligan.
Never trust your own eyes, believe what you are told.
Hooligan is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Is street riding worth it ? duston98 General Discussion (Moto Related) 50 07-18-2012 01:24 PM
What tires do you think are the best for street riding?? Stryker Performance and Modifications 49 01-31-2012 05:19 PM
Its official, no more street riding for me!!!! Metzzen1 General Discussion (Moto Related) 40 07-07-2009 03:32 PM
Street riding story BigComfy General Discussion (Moto Related) 15 06-07-2007 12:42 PM
Advertisement
Old 04-14-2009, 10:03 PM   #42
S.D.W.
...Ready

Feedback Rating: (5)

Experience: 1-3 months

Bike(s):
2011 ZX10 Racebike
2010 Crf450r
2009 zx6 race bike
2009 ttr110

Quote:
Originally Posted by chase View Post
yah we will b there

he said he is ready for round 4 or 5 of u owning him

and he said ur fast...on the straights
That boy never learns. Ask him then why do I pass him on the corners?!?!

See you cats out there!
Old 04-14-2009, 10:10 PM   #43
MudBug
Banned

Experience: 6 years
Trackdays: 6

Bike(s):
1994 kawi zx7
1991 DR250

Member Garage

User is banned

MudBug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 07:25 AM   #44
Chubby Racer
The Confusion

Feedback Rating: (2)

Experience: 8 years

Bike(s):
'07 R6
'02 KLX110(tarded)

Send a message via ICQ to Chubby Racer Send a message via AIM to Chubby Racer Send a message via MSN to Chubby Racer Send a message via Yahoo to Chubby Racer
Quote:
but what are you going to do when the track season in over?
Track season Starts in February and Ends in November. I'm a pampered little . Those other 3 months I'll stick to my cage with heated seats. Besides, I need those 3 months to recharge the bank account, and throw more parts at the bike.

In other parts of the country there may be a short track season. Here in Houston.........there's track days basically all year.
A motorcycle is a joy machine. It's a machine of wonders, a metal bird, a motorized prosthetic. It's light and dark and shiny and dirty and warm and cold lapping over each other; it's a conduit of grace, it's a catalyst for bonding the gritty and the holy.

CMRA #302
Chubby Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 09:57 AM   #45
FlipSideUp
This Flip Rides Nekkid

Feedback Rating: (13)

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
'03 Honda 919 Hornet
'89 Yamaha FZR400 Trackbike
'83 Honda CB650SC Nighthawk
'07 Step-2 (ok, it's my daughter's)

Quote:
Originally Posted by po-po 5.0 View Post
Track season Starts in February and Ends in November. I'm a pampered little . Those other 3 months I'll stick to my cage with heated seats. Besides, I need those 3 months to recharge the bank account, and throw more parts at the bike.

In other parts of the country there may be a short track season. Here in Houston.........there's track days basically all year.
Aside from the occasional cold-front, some of the best weather riding is in the "off-season". Certainly alot better than the 100 degree plus Summer months!
FlipSideUp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 10:57 AM   #46
jrob
cheers

Feedback Rating: (0)

Trackdays: 5

Bike(s):
KTM 450 XC-F
DRZ 400 Kick/Motard Convert

if i had more time for the track im sure i would be into it. ive only done really one half a track day...i crashed. the only thing that has kept me from going back though is the same thing that kept me from going in the first place which is a super busy schedule. in the future with more time i could see going track only with the 600. its too much bike for the street anyway. as for the people that ride 1000s on the street...well im just not sure what thats all about.
Old 04-15-2009, 10:59 AM   #47
Chubby Racer
The Confusion

Bike(s):
'07 R6
'02 KLX110(tarded)

Send a message via ICQ to Chubby Racer Send a message via AIM to Chubby Racer Send a message via MSN to Chubby Racer Send a message via Yahoo to Chubby Racer
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlipSideUp View Post
Aside from the occasional cold-front, some of the best weather riding is in the "off-season". Certainly alot better than the 100 degree plus Summer months!

I'm not sure what winter you lived through this year, but there were a bunch of SERIOUSLY cold days!
A motorcycle is a joy machine. It's a machine of wonders, a metal bird, a motorized prosthetic. It's light and dark and shiny and dirty and warm and cold lapping over each other; it's a conduit of grace, it's a catalyst for bonding the gritty and the holy.

CMRA #302
Old 04-15-2009, 11:10 AM   #48
bigpat728
fastest Flip on MH

Feedback Rating: (1)

Bike(s):
'97 kawasaki ninja 250

Send a message via AIM to bigpat728
Quote:

well this past off season. there were a bunch of us that rode alot. chase was one of us. like i said. it was fun hanging with all your friends and having a good time. i love my truck. don't get me wrong. i'm not trying to ride everyday or even every weekend. but, just to go get on some twisties is always fun. hot or cold

Last edited by bigpat728; 04-15-2009 at 11:14 AM.
bigpat728 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 12:45 PM   #49
chase
LOCTITE

Experience: 4 years
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
07 yamaha R6

Quote:
well this past off season. there were a bunch of us that rode alot. chase was one of us. like i said. it was fun hanging with all your friends and having a good time. i love my truck. don't get me wrong. i'm not trying to ride everyday or even every weekend. but, just to go get on some twisties is always fun. hot or cold
I'm not saying I dont enjoy those rides, just dunno if its worth the risks anymore with all the variables
Old 04-15-2009, 01:02 PM   #50
Japawhat02
02 Tona

Experience: 3 years
Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
2002 Daytona

i realy hate these threads, they happen at the beginning of each riding season. If you wana ride the street, ride the street. If you dont, dont. If your not sure just ride the track for a year and dont ride street and youll find out whats for you.
Old 04-15-2009, 01:18 PM   #51
05cbreezy636
lean with it

Experience: 7 years
Trackdays: 6

Bike(s):
05 636 track

Quote:
so I'm 98% sure I'm making my bike a track hoe right after Coach Dave's ride..

my question is for the people that have done the same...do you miss the street or backroads? I hate riding on the street, its boring and seems more risky than track riding...but then theres the forest, Fayetteville, coldsprngs, etc.

i love those roads but theres an even bigger risk out there sometimes..

So who has done it?

who misses the street?

Who thinks it was a better decision to go track only?

I will be leaving the streets for a while and doing just track! July is when the transition will take place. Cant wait.

I dont ride much street anymore and being that i like to ride alone or with one other person this transition shouldnt be a problem.
05cbreezy636 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 01:25 PM   #52
Chubby Racer
The Confusion

Bike(s):
'07 R6
'02 KLX110(tarded)

Quote:
I can't figure out how you consider a group ride "hanging with your friends." I mean......unless you all have helmet coms and can actually talk to each other. Motorcycling, as much as we try to make it a group activity, is definetily an individual hobby.

Unless you ride 2 up, but even thats an outside case.

CMRA #302
Old 04-15-2009, 02:53 PM   #53
specterunseen
El Brilliante

Experience: 1 year

Bike(s):
Kawasaki EX250 (dead due to mechanical failure)
Kawasaki EX500 (on loan from a friend)
Pending, bikeless once the 500 gone :-(
Want Husky 510SMR or KTM 690 SMC to continue the hooligan activity

Quote:
I can't figure out how you consider a group ride "hanging with your friends." I mean......unless you all have helmet coms and can actually talk to each other. Motorcycling, as much as we try to make it a group activity, is definetily an individual hobby.
VERY good point. I like having ONE riding buddy, someone I trust to ride with me. My few experince of larger groups were that it wasn't as much fun as with a good friend you can have fun with and trust. Large group rides have their place, but for me.... solo and with 1-2 buddies max that I trust completely. Much more relaxing for me then.
Old 04-15-2009, 02:56 PM   #54
specterunseen
El Brilliante

Experience: 1 year

Bike(s):
Kawasaki EX250 (dead due to mechanical failure)
Kawasaki EX500 (on loan from a friend)
Pending, bikeless once the 500 gone :-(
Want Husky 510SMR or KTM 690 SMC to continue the hooligan activity

Quote:
Originally Posted by 05cbreezy636 View Post
I will be leaving the streets for a while and doing just track! July is when the transition will take place. Cant wait.

I dont ride much street anymore and being that i like to ride alone or with one other person this transition shouldnt be a problem.
I'd switch to track of if it was financially feasible. I plan on getting a motard so I don't keep using the throttle to higher speeds. I'd rather deal with hooliganish activities than the higher sportbike speeds. If I could afford it I'd love a pure track motard. :-)

I think for some of us switching the track becomes unfeasible, unless we have extra money. Right now for some of us riding alone is a luxury, add in the cost, gear, and customizing that track can start taking.... well its just a bit rough. If you go sole track, costs become inevitable, as much as you want to downplay, we all know the track becomes like a drug... willing to pay through the nose for it.

Someday.... until then I'll ride safe as possible on the street.
Old 04-15-2009, 03:00 PM   #55
tarosean

Bike(s):
'99 ZX11/ '65 T120R/'93 Bandit

Quote:
I'm not sure what winter you lived through this year, but there were a bunch of SERIOUSLY cold days!
What all 5 of them???
tarosean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 04:03 PM   #56
S.D.W.
...Ready

Feedback Rating: (5)

Bike(s):
2011 ZX10 Racebike
2010 Crf450r
2009 zx6 race bike
2009 ttr110

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrob View Post
if i had more time for the track im sure i would be into it. ive only done really one half a track day...i crashed. the only thing that has kept me from going back though is the same thing that kept me from going in the first place which is a super busy schedule. in the future with more time i could see going track only with the 600. its too much bike for the street anyway. as for the people that ride 1000s on the street...well im just not sure what thats all about.
Especially those who ride 1000s on the track. What crazy people right?!
Old 04-15-2009, 04:59 PM   #57
bigpat728
fastest Flip on MH

Bike(s):
'97 kawasaki ninja 250

Quote:

it's all good. you haven't been on a ride with us. i guess you wouldn't know what i'm talking about.
Old 04-15-2009, 05:17 PM   #58
chase
LOCTITE

Experience: 4 years

Bike(s):
07 yamaha R6

Quote:
it's all good. you haven't been on a ride with us. i guess you wouldn't know what i'm talking about.
I know what ur talking about, thats why I'm only 98%
Old 04-15-2009, 05:25 PM   #59
bigpat728
fastest Flip on MH

Bike(s):
'97 kawasaki ninja 250

Quote:
I know what ur talking about, thats why I'm only 98%
all good chase. you know your on the private ride list. just don't drink to much the night before
Old 04-15-2009, 06:29 PM   #60
FlipSideUp
This Flip Rides Nekkid

Feedback Rating: (13)

Bike(s):
'03 Honda 919 Hornet
'89 Yamaha FZR400 Trackbike
'83 Honda CB650SC Nighthawk
'07 Step-2 (ok, it's my daughter's)

Quote:

I don't recall where Patrick said "group riding" is the same as "hanging with your friends."

Nevertheless, they can be 2 seperate things, yet 1 in the same. You may go on a group ride to some destination, then hang out there to eat or whatever, then go back to your ride (with the group).

I'm not really into group rides myself, btw. In all my years of riding, aside from my early years, I've never really done these large group rides. Only until recently when I joined MH, did I partake in a few. All the same, though, in that we are sharing a common passion/hobby/activity which bonds us all together on the road.
FlipSideUp is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement