MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 04-15-2009, 01:43 PM   #41
didimao0072000

Feedback Rating: (0)

Bike(s):
50cc metropolitan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quicksilver View Post
TX TRANSPORTATION CODE
TITLE 7. VEHICLES AND TRAFFIC
SUBTITLE C. RULES OF THE ROAD
CHAPTER 545. OPERATION AND MOVEMENT OF VEHICLES
SUBCHAPTER D
Sec. 545.154. VEHICLE ENTERING OR LEAVING LIMITED-ACCESS OR
CONTROLLED-ACCESS HIGHWAY.
An operator on an access or feeder road of a limited-access or controlled-access highway shall yield the right-of-way to a vehicle entering or about to enter the access or feeder road from the highway or leaving or about to leave the access or feeder road to enter the highway.
Acts 1995, 74th Leg., ch. 165, Sec. 1, eff. Sept. 1, 1995.
does this only apply to the lane exiting or entering the freeway or does this apply to the entire feeder? does anyone know?
didimao0072000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Almost got killed by a hit and run driver tonight. eltejano General Discussion (Moto Related) 57 10-24-2010 12:45 AM
Advertisement
Old 04-15-2009, 01:51 PM   #42
MadseasoN

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Quote:
Originally Posted by didimao0072000 View Post
does this only apply to the lane exiting or entering the freeway or does this apply to the entire feeder? does anyone know?
"An operator on an access or feeder road ..."

This leads me to believe that the rule applies to all vehicles on the access road.
MadseasoN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 05:56 PM   #43
Quicksilver

Experience: 9-12 months

Bike(s):
2008 Suzuki Half-a-busa
Harley Davidson Fatboy / Fatbob (April 18, 2009)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadseasoN View Post
"An operator on an access or feeder road ..."

This leads me to believe that the rule applies to all vehicles on the access road.
correct. the intent of the law is to prevent drivers from impeding vehicles that exiting the freeway by the driver having to stop because some yahoos will not let him get over to make his right turn. so law says if you are on the feeder period, then you shall yield to that vehicle exiting the freeway. cars backing up into the freeway causes traffic problems which defeats its purpose. to flow freely . not having the freeway speeds slow because of the exit lane, but I see it happen everyday in houston.
Old 04-15-2009, 06:21 PM   #44
FlipSideUp
This Flip Rides Nekkid

Feedback Rating: (13)

Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
'03 Honda 919 Hornet
'89 Yamaha FZR400 Trackbike
'83 Honda CB650SC Nighthawk
'07 Step-2 (ok, it's my daughter's)

Regardless of the law, the guy still has to switch over lanes in a responsible manner. This guy shot across 3 lanes to get to that side road.

I would think after crossing the first lane, then he's already on the feeder, and is no longer technically "exiting". Now he's sharing the feeder with anyone else on that road.
FlipSideUp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 06:32 PM   #45
Longstroke
"Skeeza-Pleeza"

Feedback Rating: (2)

Bike(s):
'05 R6 - SOLD

Member Garage

Send a message via MSN to Longstroke
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlipSideUp View Post
Regardless of the law, the guy still has to switch over lanes in a responsible manner. This guy shot across 3 lanes to get to that side road.

I would think after crossing the first lane, then he's already on the feeder, and is no longer technically "exiting". Now he's sharing the feeder with anyone else on that road.
LOL.... right on the money flip!....exactly what i was about to say... !

- Sorry babe, Pimps don't fall in love!
Longstroke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 09:24 PM   #46
pelochas

Experience: 1 year

Bike(s):
2004 Kawasaki ZX-6R

RIP to the fallen rider

this is a problem on the 225 fwy exiting to Pasadena Rd. a good percent is trying to make the right turn to a street that is right after the exit. the white line doesnt extend that far so drivers coming off the 225 fwy are legally able to change lanes to make the right turn...and when i do get off the ramp with my cage or bike..i always expect that the YIELD signs are useless. i almost run over other cagers when im on my truck or cagers almost running me over when im on the bike.

i only wish the fallen rider would have slow down immidiately and let the a-hole go by...trying to outrun or get the dummass cager attention will not work..again RIP to the fallen rider
pelochas is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 10:55 PM   #47
ALEXD
HOUSTUNNAS

Feedback Rating: (3)

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):
05 R6
SOLD-00 GSXR 750 StreetFighter
SOLD- 99 GSXR 600
SOLD-01 YAMAHA R6
03 600 RR

dang, dont they have traffic cams on the freeways?
ALEXD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 01:19 AM   #48
Sumo

Bike(s):
2007 DRZ400SM
2006 DRZ400E

Quote:
Originally Posted by pelochas View Post
RIP to the fallen rider
+1

Quote:
Originally Posted by pelochas View Post
this is a problem on the 225 fwy exiting to Pasadena Rd. a good percent is trying to make the right turn to a street that is right after the exit. the white line doesnt extend that far so drivers coming off the 225 fwy are legally able to change lanes to make the right turn...and when i do get off the ramp with my cage or bike..i always expect that the YIELD signs are useless. i almost run over other cagers when im on my truck or cagers almost running me over when im on the bike.
Not to sound preachy here, but I feel compelled to comment.

Kudos to you for identifying a hazardous spot. You're paying attention. You get an atta-boy for situational awareness. What's the next step? QUIT USING THAT EXIT. Sorry to go all-caps on ya, but it's important chit.

Risk assessment is the name of the game when riding a bike. Avoiding high-risk zones isn't weak, it's smart. FWIW, 225 as a whole sucks. Broadway to the beltway is to elbows, and Battleground to 146 is the Moron 500 seven days a week. My friend, I live on the SE side, I'm on the gulf frwy and the loop almost daily with my bike, and I haven't rolled it on 225 in over ten years. I'll do it in the F250. On the bike? Not a chance.
Sumo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 01:50 AM   #49
cj_sandman
custom user title!!

Bike(s):
'03 CBR 600 F4i
'99 FXST

That white line is some bullshit. Does anyone here actually trust, even for a moment, that Joe Blow in his F-250 is going to give a flying fizzuck about a white line? , I see Corolla's cutting over with the quickness. What they need is definitely some of those poles like I think Madseason said? Similar to the kind they have on the Beltway near the toll booths, OR... better yet some median curb.

R.I.P.
Old 04-18-2009, 02:53 PM   #50
speeddemon23

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):
125 baja,
honda crf 150
ttr90 that im building for a stunt bike
building my sv650
09 crf fiddy(stunt)

dang trucks ...... and yet the world loses another rider..... very sad