Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back > Safety Corner > Gear Talk
Forgot info?

Welcome to! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 05-30-2009, 02:56 AM   #61
Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 5 years

02 sv650
honda 919

Originally Posted by sbiker21 View Post
i just want the rough depreciated value for the helmet...around 300 so i can ride again. until this is all sorted out and i buy a new helmet my bike will be parked and it sux cause we are just beginning to get into the great weather
lol now I think you are overreacting!

You can get some full face Snell approved Scorpion for 60 bucks shipped. Don't ask me where but my uncle got it and I saw the recipes.
sofa is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
I Think You Dropped Something Bevo General Discussion (Moto Related) 16 09-17-2014 11:09 AM
Can this be dropped? DGAD12 Fresnel Phan Attorney At Law 17 08-24-2013 07:19 PM
Well I dropped her. humbleassassin General Discussion (Moto Related) 21 08-08-2010 02:18 PM
I dropped my helmet! Do I have to go buy a new one? Moody Gear Talk 1 07-18-2010 08:29 PM
Yes I dropped it...... SPYDER BITE General Discussion (Moto Related) 42 06-10-2008 08:15 AM
Old 06-04-2009, 08:54 AM   #62
Feedback Rating: (0)

You're overreacting. You don't need a new helmet.
moduleum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2009, 11:31 PM   #63
Feedback Rating: (2)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

03 ZX636r
98 ZX7R
00 R1

Originally Posted by bumblebee View Post
The impact absorbing elements they are talking about is the foam (usually painted black) inside the outer shell. Basically the shell is there to protect this foam from damage.
If your head is not in the helmet when it hits the ground the foam remains undamaged and therefore is still OK.
The foam is black so you can look at it after a crash, if you see cracks in the black paint, white foam showing through, then the foam is compromised and the helmet should be replaced.

You don't need a new helmet, you need new friends.
I agree, Don't believe it... there is a video of some big Arai rep that mentioned the same thing. If you are still unsure send it in to the manufacturer for inspection both Shoei & Arai do this not sure about the others.
djrocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2009, 11:39 PM   #64
<<<< S.B.N. >>>>
Feedback Rating: (31)

Experience: 5 years
Trackdays: 10+

Member Garage

Shoei's Free Inspection Policy

Motorcycle helmets are designed to absorb the energy of an accident by being destroyed. Even a small impact can damage the integrity of the shell or EPS liner. This damage may be unnoticeable to the untrained eye, so Shoei recommends that any helmet involved in an impact should either be retired or sent to the manufacturer for inspection. Shoei will inspect Shoei helmets free of charge (minus shipping fees). If you would like to have your helmet inspected, please send the helmet and a letter explaining what happened to the helmet to the following address:

Shoei Safety Helmet Corp.
Attn: Inspection Dept.
3002 Dow St., Suite 128
Tustin, CA 92780 USA

Please remember to include your return address and phone number. We can't send your helmet back unless you provide this information.

Upon receiving your helmet, a Shoei inspection technician will inspect it within three business days and return it to the specified address via UPS Ground with a letter detailing the helmet's condition.
A government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have.
"The course of history shows that as a government grows, liberty decreases."
-Thomas Jefferson
Pyrofallout is offline   Reply With Quote