MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 04-11-2009, 06:51 PM   #1
inzomniaq

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 1 year

Bike(s):
2005 Kawasaki ZZR 600
2003 Honda Nighthawk 250
2003 Honda Metropolitan Scoot

To the dude who went down Sat. (04/11/09) evening on FM 1960 in front of Willowbrook

Good thing you were wearing your gear. You were able to walk away from the accident. If you're a MotoHouston member or if a friend of yours is, log on and tell us more. I'm glad this didn't need to be another RIP thread.

To the dude on the orangish-red Harley nearby. Thanks for blocking traffic behind the man that went down. You kept cagers from running him over, gave the man a chance to recover and walk away, and proved to me that Harleys are useful for something after all (I keed, I keed. )

In all seriousness, I hope, Mr. Harley, that you learned something about wearing gear since you were only wearing a half-helmet and sunglasses.

To the bystanders and Starbucks and the parking lot. Thanks for running to the aid of the man down and calling 911. Even though he ended up not needing emergency help, it's good you all acted quickly.

To those who want more info:

I was sitting at Chipotle over on 1960 and 249 across from Willowbrook Mall enjoying a big fat burrito, when through a gap in 1960 traffic I saw someone wearing motorcycle gear (black jacket, black/gray/and-white full face helmet) slide for what seemed to be about 20 feet on 1960.

Initially I thought he was a passenger on another bike since I didn't even see the bike slide. I looked down the road about 50 feet then saw a blue-and-white Yamaha R1 laying on its side.

Then the guy on the big cruiser pulled up behind him and parked his bike diagonally accross the lane so as to block traffic and keep the guy who went down from getting hit.

After laying on the ground for about a minute, the guy who went down was able to get up and walk away while his friend picked up his bike. Within seconds of seeing the guy slide down 1960, a bunch of people that were walking around in the vicinity ran to his aid.

All in all, it seems like the only thing that got busted up was his bike and maybe his pride.
inzomniaq is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Rider down on FM 1960 in Front of Yamaha Renzo General Discussion (Moto Related) 13 06-27-2015 08:30 AM
Motosploring: Katy to Navasota Sat 09/04 Helios Events, Meets and Rides 18 09-04-2010 07:42 AM
hooters fm 1960 for the game??? Jerzey Events, Meets and Rides 5 01-24-2010 05:47 PM
1960 Starbucks (Willowbrook) ThomAss Events, Meets and Rides 37 05-11-2007 12:25 PM
Advertisement
Old 04-11-2009, 06:54 PM   #2
NoFear
Busa Chairman of Posing

Feedback Rating: (2)

Pics or BAN!
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength-
NoFear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2009, 07:30 PM   #3
inzomniaq

Bike(s):
2005 Kawasaki ZZR 600
2003 Honda Nighthawk 250

No pics

don't carry a camera or camera phone with me. I wasn't actually riding with the guy in the accident. Accident was cleaned up pretty quickly too. Happened between 6:00-6:30 p.m.
Old 04-11-2009, 07:37 PM   #4
nobike

good 2 know hes ok n his gear saved him,,, n the guy on harley did the right thing !!
nobike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2009, 07:39 PM   #5
inzomniaq

Bike(s):
2005 Kawasaki ZZR 600
2003 Honda Nighthawk 250

I was at Chipotle

Mr. Harley rode off after the guy got up.

Last edited by inzomniaq; 04-11-2009 at 07:42 PM.
Old 04-12-2009, 12:16 AM   #6
loosenoose
veteran novice

Feedback Rating: (2)

Experience: 7 years

Bike(s):
07 sv650!

Member Garage

i have a few harley friends. while their choice of bike isnt my cup o tea, i think that most of them would be decent enough to stop and help in a situation like this
loosenoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2009, 01:50 AM   #7
morvegil
Banned

Bike(s):
2008 Night Rod Special(s)
2008 1200 Sportster(s)
2008 Triumph Bonneville(w)
2008 Triumph Sprint ST
2010 Ducati Streetfighter

User is banned

morvegil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2009, 06:35 AM   #8
SecretAgent
The one and only

Feedback Rating: (1)

Bike(s):
08 Harley FXDB Street Bob

Send a message via AIM to SecretAgent
Quote:
Originally Posted by morvegil View Post
Yes, because Harley riders are all stuck up aholes who ride without gear, since when is it your place to judge people? Shut up at ride your own bike and worry about yourself.
lol, no need for that man, we both know there's a bunch of harley hating kids on this site, they'll all come around eventually though. we just found out earlier than usual, haha.
"There are some things nobody needs in this world, and a bright-red, hunch-back, warp-speed 900cc cafe racer is one of them - but I want one anyway, and on some days I actually believe I need one. That is why they are dangerous. "
-Hunter S. Thompson
SecretAgent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2009, 09:41 AM   #9
Meaner-n-u
Just so you know...

Feedback Rating: (1)

Bike(s):
2013 Triumph Speed Triple SE
09 Fz6"Rrrrr"

Statistically Harley riders go down less often. True when they crash the results are usually worse but the odds are better that they won't wreck in the first place. (According to an E.R. Doc I know)

That being said, I agree with posts above - Most 2 wheeled riders would stop and help a fellow downed rider. Sounds like kudo's all around for that group of people!
Old 04-12-2009, 01:21 PM   #10
Scorpio
Twist the Grip, Let'r Rip

Feedback Rating: (6)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

450x sumo (sold)
RC51 (sold)
Honda Grom 125(sold)

Member Garage

Send a message via AIM to Scorpio
Yeah, I was out there yesterday.
Dangerous place to go down with all the bad drivers.

Wonder what caused him to wreck.
Scorpio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2009, 02:47 PM   #11
inzomniaq

Bike(s):
2005 Kawasaki ZZR 600
2003 Honda Nighthawk 250

was poking fun.. not judging.. or hating

I'm well aware that most Harley riders, let alone most people, would help out or want to help out in such a situation

Quote:
Yes, because Harley riders are all stuck up aholes who ride without gear, since when is it your place to judge people? Shut up at ride your own bike and worry about yourself.
Old 04-12-2009, 11:45 PM   #12
MLI820

Bike(s):
2009 GSXR 600

To those asking....NO it was not us, but thanks for all the concern!! Thank ! We were near there about that time eating though. Glad to hear rider seemed to be ok!

MLI820 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009, 12:15 AM   #13
miraculous dan
Quality tuna fish.

Feedback Rating: (6)

Bike(s):
Honda VFR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave C View Post
only thing the harley guy learned is sport bikers tend to ride more stupid. should have told mr harley to wear gear instead of about it on here
Quote:
, why so harsh? It was obvious the guy was kidding around.
miraculous dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009, 02:02 AM   #14
R6Benny
C.F Rider

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):
'99 R6

Send a message via AIM to R6Benny
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave C View Post
only thing the harley guy learned is sport bikers tend to ride more stupid. should have told mr harley to wear gear instead of about it on here
Get laid.
R6Benny is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement