MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > Taking it to the Track
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Closed Thread
Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 04-09-2009, 12:05 PM   #81
Moody
Holy Smokes!

Feedback Rating: (4)

Bike(s):

As one who has seen the ER on multiple occasions due to others actions on the track; I would pursue legal action as a Track Org owner. With the amount of liability at play, this would most likely be a serious criminal conviction. I would also pursue civil actions for trespass upon your liability.

Open your eyes and reclaim the freedom you were born with. - Moody
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Rode to Austin on Saturday. kbexperience General Discussion (Moto Related) 4 06-09-2014 10:40 AM
TWS (Texas World Speedway) on Saturday, can I have a ride? babymilo36 Ridesmart Motorcycle School 17 09-23-2010 11:43 AM
TWS (Texas World Speedway)/3090 Ride SATURDAY CaligoneTx Events, Meets and Rides 25 11-22-2008 02:41 AM
Katy Guys Ride Saturday TN Bob Events, Meets and Rides 33 08-06-2007 05:21 PM
Advertisement
Old 04-09-2009, 12:40 PM   #82
DLSGAP
Whats the "Dragon"

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
'11 FZ8

Quote:
Originally Posted by mekrew View Post
if they came out to the track with gear and the intention to not pay and be sneaky then i almost feel they need to be banned

+1... it was obviously premeditated... which shows careful planning and intent, Also it shows that they are well aware of the rules they broke and should be faces with the full consequences. Ban them, and take them for all they've got... you'll probably find some of the missing personal belongings stashed away at their place too

"If loud pipes save lives, imagine what learning to ride that thing could do for you "
Old 04-09-2009, 01:00 PM   #83
Jerran V

Bike(s):
2006 GSXR 1000

Having riden with all of the organizations, I find it HIGHLY unlikely that the Ride Smart sticker flew off. The stickers they use are near impossible to remove the next day! They leave so much residue/torn sticker when you try to peel them.
Old 04-09-2009, 01:02 PM   #84
Jerran V

Bike(s):
2006 GSXR 1000

Last edited by Jerran V; 04-09-2009 at 01:02 PM. Reason: duplicate
Old 04-09-2009, 01:09 PM   #85
dudewhrsmybike

Feedback Rating: (3)

Experience: 8 years

Bike(s):
2011 Kawasaki ZX-10R ABS

Member Garage

Send a message via AIM to dudewhrsmybike
Quote:
Originally Posted by alrova View Post
i hope is a mistake but if he indeed rode snikcing out he should be outted. No ORG deserves to be cheated.
+1

I cannot believe this

It's GREEN, it's FAST, and it says Ninja on it
Old 04-09-2009, 01:11 PM   #86
Brian f.

Bike(s):
06 CRF450 Tard FOR SALE!!!!!!
2007 1000RR
K8 750 Track bike
Racecar 8.02 @ 169 FOR SALE, not for faint of heart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerran V View Post
Having riden with all of the organizations, I find it HIGHLY unlikely that the Ride Smart sticker flew off. The stickers they use are near impossible to remove the next day! They leave so much residue/torn sticker when you try to peel them.
Leave the backing on the sticker and "frame" it with black eletrical tape. Works much much better.
Old 04-09-2009, 01:13 PM   #87
Mr. Unassailable
1-20-2013-Change we need

Feedback Rating: (6)

Member Garage

Quote:
they sound as bad as the new TTD stickers... i will just be stacking the new TTD stickers as they leave horrible residue and refuse to come off in less than 50 pieces.
Old 04-09-2009, 01:17 PM   #88
Hooligan
Presrvtionthrudestruction

Experience: 5 years

Bike(s):
08 CBR 600rr
06 GSXR600
07 Honda crf50 (stunt)
Your mom

Send a message via AIM to Hooligan
Quote:
I agree.

Now someone post a pic, I would but I'm on the phone
I learned the awesomeness that is Hooligan.
Never trust your own eyes, believe what you are told.
Old 04-09-2009, 01:29 PM   #89
MacMan
S. McNamara LSTD Mob Boss

Bike(s):
2006 KTM950SM, 1996 Harley-Davidson FXDL

From a liability perspective the gate waiver covers the liability so as long as they signed in entering the facility the organization is covered.
The offenders can be proscecuted for theft of services and trespassing. I have virtually knocked people off their motorcycles along with a few other not so nice actions to people trying to steal from us.
Having things taken from the pits, fire extinguishers stolen along with this BS makes we want to hurt someone. We do not allow anyone from entering the track down hot pit and monitor it closely. We also change group stickers at each event to deter this exact thing. Let me know the outcome of this investigation. If a sticker falls off we have a record of you being a paid participant or someone utilizing an existing corner worker or rider credit. Sorry about this Jason. Let me know if I can help.
Old 04-09-2009, 01:42 PM   #90
Chubby Racer
The Confusion

Feedback Rating: (2)

Experience: 8 years

Bike(s):
'07 R6
'02 KLX110(tarded)

Send a message via ICQ to Chubby Racer Send a message via AIM to Chubby Racer Send a message via MSN to Chubby Racer Send a message via Yahoo to Chubby Racer
Quote:
Originally Posted by MacMan View Post
From a liability perspective the gate waiver covers the liability so as long as they signed in entering the facility the organization is covered.
That gate waiver just covers being AT the track, and only indemnifies the track owners. It doesn't cover you being ON the track, nor does it cover the trackday org....IIRC.
A motorcycle is a joy machine. It's a machine of wonders, a metal bird, a motorized prosthetic. It's light and dark and shiny and dirty and warm and cold lapping over each other; it's a conduit of grace, it's a catalyst for bonding the gritty and the holy.

CMRA #302
Old 04-09-2009, 01:43 PM   #91
CarbonJames
LSTD/TTBC Instructor

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
13 250sx
13 350sxf
12 150sx
07 CRF 230
04 CRF 50/70

Member Garage

Quote:
The offenders can be proscecuted for theft of services and trespassing. I have virtually knocked people off their motorcycles along with a few other not so nice actions to people trying to steal from us.
Having things taken from the pits, fire extinguishers stolen along with this BS makes we want to hurt someone. We do not allow anyone from entering the track down hot pit and monitor it closely. We also change group stickers at each event to deter this exact thing. Let me know the outcome of this investigation. If a sticker falls off we have a record of you being a paid participant or someone utilizing an existing corner worker or rider credit. Sorry about this Jason. Let me know if I can help.
I wouldn't want to upset this guy!
Old 04-09-2009, 01:44 PM   #92
dhdrider

Bike(s):
08 KTM 300 XC-W

Quote:
Multiple sources from the event have pegged the individual (by first and last name)and Dave has an email address from the rider (since he was a paid participant last year) and is emailing him to allow him pay up.

That is the latest.

2008 KTM 200 XC

Klim Technical Riding Gear
Maine Root Handcrafted Beverages
Retail Resource Group
Primus Real Estate Services
TORCS #301
TSCEC #1114
Old 04-09-2009, 01:45 PM   #93
cdill35

Feedback Rating: (5)

Bike(s):
2014 Phoenix 921 Pro XP w/ Merc 250 ProXS
11 Yam Zuma 125
Specialized Stumpy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian f. View Post
Leave the backing on the sticker and "frame" it with black eletrical tape. Works much much better.
Or put a piece of painters tape and then stick it to that.
Old 04-09-2009, 01:53 PM   #94
Brian f.

Bike(s):
06 CRF450 Tard FOR SALE!!!!!!
2007 1000RR
K8 750 Track bike
Racecar 8.02 @ 169 FOR SALE, not for faint of heart

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdill35 View Post
Or put a piece of painters tape and then stick it to that.
Whatever ya got to do to not use the adhesive on the sticker.
Old 04-09-2009, 01:57 PM   #95
rc51eviltwin

Feedback Rating: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Unassailable View Post
they sound as bad as the new TTD stickers... i will just be stacking the new TTD stickers as they leave horrible residue and refuse to come off in less than 50 pieces.
soak it with "windex" peel it off then come back with and soak it WD-40 to get the rest of it off.works very well.
i used to apply blue tape and then the sticker on top but would not hold.........
CMRA #131 Novice
"Ramrod Racing" #13

IMG 29388 1
Old 04-09-2009, 02:07 PM   #96
MacMan
S. McNamara LSTD Mob Boss

Bike(s):
2006 KTM950SM, 1996 Harley-Davidson FXDL

The gate waiver covers the owners of the facility, management, lessor and leasee. It is an industry standard waiver and has recently been tested in several states at the highest court level. We no longer have our riders sign a separate waiver. The gate waiver is all that our Insurance Carrier requires.
The on track particpants sign the waiver releasing all the above of any and all liability arising from any incidents that may arise.
FYI:
Old 04-09-2009, 02:12 PM   #97
Ridesmart

Bike(s):
07 Kawasaki ZX-6R Track
05 CBR 600RR Track

...we have implemented a system for this already. For both level 1 and 2, there is a process where we will tell if someone was in class prior to their riding.
DHD mentioned it above a bit.

As to the stickers falling off, not falling off, making sure right fingers are pointing at the right people, before we posted up, we went into the extra trouble to triple check our information. Even have some great 'self incriminating evidence'. If someone's sticker fell off accidentally, they were still registered, etc. We are certain the TWS (Texas World Speedway) event had riders who did not pay, and same goes for March 29 MSRH event. We waited with this info until after we are certain of it.
Dave is too nice of a person to raise up on this, and it took a bit of talking to open him up to the idea.
What those people did was not the same as stealing - IT WAS STEALING.
All of you who paid and waited and followed the rule, were all taken advantage of. We are waiting to see if those responsible will have the courage and conscience to make things right. If not, we will see what next will have to be done to prevent behavior like this from happening again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLSGAP View Post
[threadjack]
for levels 1 and 2 (especially bad in 2) I'd also like to see some sort of class check in... if they aren't in class.. they can't ride the session following. they're supposed to be there to learn.. how can they do that if they don't show up for the classroom feedback from their instructors[/threadjack]

Old 04-09-2009, 02:15 PM   #98
blends
NYYYYYYEAAOWWWWWW

Experience: 2 years

Member Garage

Send a message via AIM to blends
Quote:
Originally Posted by rc51eviltwin View Post
soak it with "windex" peel it off then come back with and soak it WD-40 to get the rest of it off.works very well.
i used to apply blue tape and then the sticker on top but would not hold.........
i just left my ridesmart sticker attached to the windscreen for a week, and when i left the bike in the back of the truck overnight before the next trackday and drove through 20 foot visibility fog all the way to msrh, the sticker was so wet that i could push it off with my fingers, didn't even need to use a finger nail.

just soak the sticker and it will rub off.
Old 04-09-2009, 02:17 PM   #99
Ridesmart

Bike(s):
07 Kawasaki ZX-6R Track
05 CBR 600RR Track

...we know this theft thing has been starting to appear around here, but it is not a certain organization thing. Still happens seldom, but we have heard it happen elsewhere at other orgs. It is not Ride Smart, it is not LSTD, it is not TTD.
Bad person can get into any org and do damage. If we all work together to weed this out, it will be best for all of us.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian f. View Post
They are right, it was mentioned at our riders meeting the following day, i just didnt want to mention b/c i dont want Ride Smart to get a bad wrap.
Old 04-09-2009, 02:19 PM   #100
JRxGRUBZx

Experience: 2 years

Bike(s):
O-six six durty six (r.i.p)
07 zx6r (rip)
o-five six durty six (rip)
01 f4i - yes yes im a trader .

I SAY STOP TALKING ABOUT IT ON HERE AND ONLY THRU PM'S cant let them know all of yall plans ... maybe yall should leave that back gate open next track day and see if the ydo it again or leave some trap cell phones laying around.
Closed Thread

Advertisement