MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Closed Thread
Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 04-08-2009, 12:49 PM   #21
Pyrofallout
<<<< S.B.N. >>>>

Feedback Rating: (31)

Experience: 5 years
Trackdays: 10+

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomLSTD View Post
No offense to Sunny, but is he going to be able to provide you trackside support for the price too? How about recommending pressures and suspension settings? Does Sunny know what compounds work best at each of our tracks?

Just sayin', the money you spend with John goes a lot farther than just selling you tires.
No need to rehash this man. We have been there done that. Sunny is usually out there at TTD days and I am sure he would be more than happy to recommend tire pressures as well as several of the TTD instructors are more than happy to make recommendations. Wes is there to help us with suspension throughout the day, although I am sure Sunny would be more than willing to help out his customers at the track. As far as what compounds are best for which track well, I couldn't tell you if he knows that or not, maybe he can chime in, but that doesn't really matter for me. I am trying out different types of tires but I don't go through tires fast enough to worry about which tire to put on for which track. No offense to you or John. But there is nothing wrong with what Sunny provides and he has been there to help me out. Not to mention I am lazy. I don't feel like having to pull my wheels off and take them somewhere. I'd just rather ride somewhere and wait while they change the tires for me.
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Is South Central Race Center still open? Vnaz750 General Discussion (Moto Related) 6 02-12-2014 12:50 PM
South Central Race Center... cdill35 Taking it to the Track 9 01-26-2009 11:35 PM
Thanks South Central Race Center! cdill35 Taking it to the Track 3 06-16-2008 09:22 AM
South Central Race Center Info SCRC John Taking it to the Track 5 01-29-2007 10:12 AM
South Central Race Center changes SCRC John General Discussion (Moto Related) 6 10-18-2006 11:56 AM
Advertisement
Old 04-08-2009, 12:52 PM   #22
07SLVRCBR
October '08 BOTM

Feedback Rating: (4)

Experience: 1-3 months

Bike(s):
2007 CBR1000RR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyrofallout View Post
But there is nothing wrong with what Sunny provides for me.
That sums it up.

It's good that you've found a vendor that you like working with, you trust, and you feel gives you good bargains.

Tom's simply pointing out that there's other places and what he looks for in a vendor.

See ya @ the track!
Old 04-08-2009, 12:55 PM   #23
dbuck
Stayin' Young

Feedback Rating: (5)

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
02 Honda Superhawk

Send a message via AIM to dbuck
Quote:
Looks like John has 002's for $240 for a set. How much does he charge for install? Sunny has a set and can install for $270 total.
Quote:
No need to rehash this man. We have been there done that. Sunny is usually out there at TTD days and I am sure he would be more than happy to recommend tire pressures as well as several of the TTD instructors are more than happy to make recommendations. Wes is there to help us with suspension throughout the day, although I am sure Sunny would be more than willing to help out his customers at the track. As far as what compounds are best for which track well, I couldn't tell you if he knows that or not, maybe he can chime in, but that doesn't really matter for me. I am trying out different types of tires but I don't go through tires fast enough to worry about which tire to put on for which track. No offense to you or John. But there is nothing wrong with what Sunny provides and he has been there to help me out. Not to mention I am lazy. I don't feel like having to pull my wheels off and take them somewhere. I'd just rather ride somewhere and wait while they change the tires for me.
looks to me like you are looking for a price war. Come on now...that's like me calling Motorcycles Unlimited, asking a price, calling Sunny, asking a price, and then going back to Motorcycles Unlimited and saying, oh, well I found it over for $XX cheaper. Your thread was asking for SCRC info, you then brought in Sunny's prices vs. SCRC prices. Ghey! John is at a lot of trackdays and can offer lots of advice. better yet he mounts and balances for free (if you can afford the 15 minutes to take off your own tire). So, you my friend are the one that started this Sunny vs SCRC bullshit. He just happened to respond.

How about this? Support them all or the one that best fits your needs. No need to come in here (a thread dedicated to a board sponsor(SCRC), is Sunny even a MH supporter?) and start flinging the around.

Last edited by dbuck; 04-08-2009 at 12:57 PM.
Old 04-08-2009, 12:56 PM   #24
07SLVRCBR
October '08 BOTM

Feedback Rating: (4)

Bike(s):
2007 CBR1000RR

^^^ good point... I thought after I posted.

See ya @ the track!
Old 04-08-2009, 01:01 PM   #25
cdill35

Bike(s):
2014 Phoenix 921 Pro XP w/ Merc 250 ProXS
11 Yam Zuma 125
Specialized Stumpy

Ill spend more money for better service. And I have learned a shitload about who to let touch my suspension and who the fck not too.

That is all.
Old 04-08-2009, 01:10 PM   #26
Pyrofallout
<<<< S.B.N. >>>>

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbuck View Post
looks to me like you are looking for a price war. Come on now...that's like me calling Motorcycles Unlimited, asking a price, calling Sunny, asking a price, and then going back to Motorcycles Unlimited and saying, oh, well I found it over for cheaper. Your thread was asking for SCRC info, you then brought in Sunny's prices vs. SCRC prices. Ghey! John is at a lot of trackdays and can offer lots of advice. better yet he mounts and balances for free (if you can afford the 15 minutes to take off your own tire). So, you my friend are the one that started this Sunny vs SCRC bullshit. He just happened to respond.

How about this? Support them all or the one that best fits your needs. No need to come in here (a thread dedicated to a board sponsor(SCRC), is Sunny even a MH supporter?) and start flinging the around.
I am looking at two different services, not interested in flinging any around in a thread that I started FYI. Just because someone is or isn't a sponsor does not dictate who I should or should not shop with or talk about on MH. Not looking for a price war. I don't see anywhere where I said one or the other needs to offer me a better price to compete with the other. I was just looking into what John offered since I knew he would be at MSRH next weekend. Do prices come into play, sure, Why pay here when you can get it XX cheaper at such and such and get just as good of service. FWIW Sunny's price is more than John's on the tires. But as stated above I am lazy and don't feel like having to pull my wheels off when I get to the trackday if that is the only mounting service he offers. The only thing I stated about Tom not bringing up this issue again is he already brought up the John vs Sunny issue in a past thread and it is beating a dead horse.

Forgive me for looking into other options and MH sponsors. I will just stick with what I have used before now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdill35 View Post
Ill spend more money for better service. And I have learned a shitload about who to let touch my suspension and who the fck not too.

That is all.
Sunny offers excellent service. I have never used John but I was looking into it. But to suggest Sunny offers bad service or does not know is is not only ridiculous it is wrong.

And FWIW Wes can adjust my suspension any day of the week. He also knows his and is good at what he does. Regardless of whether he is a MH sponsor or not.
Old 04-08-2009, 01:18 PM   #27
cdill35

Bike(s):
2014 Phoenix 921 Pro XP w/ Merc 250 ProXS
11 Yam Zuma 125
Specialized Stumpy

I didn't say any names. Dude, why so defensive!? I didn't say Sunnys name or Wes??? Man..ever thought about medication? They have valium in 5mg - think.
Old 04-08-2009, 01:18 PM   #28
tomLSTD
LSTD Mob Cappo

Feedback Rating: (2)

Trackdays: 1

Member Garage

Quote:
I am looking at two different services, not interested in flinging any around in a thread that I started FYI. Just because someone is or isn't a sponsor does not dictate who I should or should not shop with or talk about on MH. Not looking for a price war. I don't see anywhere where I said one or the other needs to offer me a better price to compete with the other. I was just looking into what John offered since I knew he would be at MSRH next weekend. Do prices come into play, sure, Why pay here when you can get it XX cheaper at such and such and get just as good of service. FWIW Sunny's price is more than John's on the tires. But as stated above I am lazy and don't feel like having to pull my wheels off when I get to the trackday if that is the only mounting service he offers. The only thing I stated about Tom not bringing up this issue again is he already brought up the John vs Sunny issue in a past thread and it is beating a dead horse.

Forgive me for looking into other options and MH sponsors. I will just stick with what I have used before now.

Sunny offers excellent service. I have never used John but I was looking into it. But to suggest Sunny offers bad service or does not know is is not only ridiculous it is wrong.

And FWIW Wes can adjust my suspension any day of the week. He also knows his and is good at what he does. Regardless of whether he is a MH sponsor or not.
While it's obvious you're just trying to argue (with anyone... again...) your point it moot. You brought up Sunny, not me. You brought up prices, not me.

I'm sure you get great service and that Sunny helps you out a lot. I'm sure his experience and knowledge at the tracks with tires make's John's look like a chump. Good for you.

But for the folks that want to know there are tons of things the trackside vendor provides that the shop owners can not/ do not. They have information and technology that the shop owners do not. The tire manufacturers make sure that these guys are THE authority on the tires they sell.

I don't know Sunny or if I've even seen him; I'm sure he's a great guy, he seems to have several folks that get him to work on stuff for them. One thing's for sure though, I KNOW John as do tons of track day customers and racers. He's at the track all the time, it's his job to know more about the tires he sells than anyone else, and he's just a plain and simple good guy to boot.

Spend your money where you will Ryan, obviously you've made your decision before you posted.
Old 04-08-2009, 01:19 PM   #29
dbuck
Stayin' Young

Bike(s):
02 Honda Superhawk

Ryan,

you're too naive for your own good. (just my opinion) If you're not looking to beat a dead horse I'd suggest you not start a thread about a sponsor and then start comparing his prices vs. someone elses.

John offers great prices for his products and services. and his customer service is top notch.
Old 04-08-2009, 01:23 PM   #30
Pyrofallout
<<<< S.B.N. >>>>

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomLSTD View Post
Spend your money where you will Ryan, obviously you've made your decision before you posted.
Think what you like. This thread was meant as a basis for me making my decision. But I digress.
Old 04-08-2009, 01:23 PM   #31
Pyrofallout
<<<< S.B.N. >>>>

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbuck View Post
Ryan,

you're too naive for your own good. (just my opinion) If you're not looking to beat a dead horse I'd suggest you not start a thread about a sponsor and then start comparing his prices vs. someone elses.

John offers great prices for his products and services. and his customer service is top notch.
I will start as many threads comparing as many shops or business prices and services as I feel I need to make a decision, MH sponsor or not.
Old 04-08-2009, 01:24 PM   #32
BigComfy

Feedback Rating: (3)

Bike(s):
SV1k (sold)
CRB6 Track Bike (sold)
Daytona 1200 (parted)
1st Gen FZ1 (sold)
1st Gen SV650 (sold)

Member Garage

Quote:
I will start as many threads comparing as many shops or business prices and services as I feel I need to make a decision, MH sponsor or not.
No you won't.
Old 04-08-2009, 01:25 PM   #33
dbuck
Stayin' Young

Bike(s):
02 Honda Superhawk

Quote:
ok K5
Old 04-08-2009, 01:25 PM   #34
Pyrofallout
<<<< S.B.N. >>>>

Member Garage

FWIW John has not stepped in this conversation or the past one. I was looking into his service. But those of you who back him by stating how inferior someone else's service is sure aren't helping him much by doing so.

Mods feel free to lock this thread. It's not going anywhere good and has gotten blown out of proportion and will likely not matter now.
Old 04-08-2009, 01:26 PM   #35
Pyrofallout
<<<< S.B.N. >>>>

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigComfy View Post
No you won't.
When your name is blue or red I think that is when you can make that decision.
Old 04-08-2009, 01:27 PM   #36
BigComfy

Feedback Rating: (3)

Bike(s):
SV1k (sold)
CRB6 Track Bike (sold)
Daytona 1200 (parted)
1st Gen FZ1 (sold)
1st Gen SV650 (sold)

Member Garage

Quote:
I will learn to stfo before I turn into GB
Old 04-08-2009, 01:27 PM   #37
dbuck
Stayin' Young

Bike(s):
02 Honda Superhawk

Quote:
FWIW John has not stepped in this conversation or the past one. I was looking into his service. But those of you who back him by stating how inferior someone else's service is sure aren't helping him much by doing so.

Mods feel free to lock this thread. It's not going anywhere good and has gotten blown out of proportion and will likely not matter now.
no one said anything about anyone else's services being inferior. you just read way too deep in between the lines.
Old 04-08-2009, 01:28 PM   #38
Racer997
Racer, Rider, Shooter

Location: 500 yards away...and watching you in the crosshairs...
Feedback Rating: (6)

Bike(s):
BMW Boxer Cup
KTM 450 SMR
Some Yamaha TTR 125Ls
Lackierwarenfabrik Mg42
Valmet M76

I don't care who you use, but I am willing to show you how to take your wheels off. No motorcycle rider should be so lazy as to not do this himself.

Advertisement