MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 04-08-2009, 05:19 AM   #1
train460
speed junky

Feedback Rating: (2)

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
88 v-max
05 Honda Goldwing
85 V-max (wifes)
05 Vtx 1300 (wifes)

dealers

When u are looking for a bike. Know the year and have done your homework on how much they are running. Do u ever pull up a dealers website, see a bike that you were looking for and see that they are asking say 2K over what the local prices are going for. You then say screw them i am not even going to make an offer?
looking at a local dealer, they had a busa i am looking for, have several in mind but at this ONE dealer they are asking just under 10K. for the same bike i see several places for $7.5-$8K

my morning rant.
later
Michael
88 v-max
train460 is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Any B G dealers please contact me camaroz2866 Car Forum 1 04-28-2011 05:45 AM
Freakin Dealers Dobeman General Discussion (Moto Related) 47 03-16-2009 09:10 AM
is there any suzuki dealers here? c2duevas General Discussion (Moto Related) 19 01-05-2009 02:45 PM
best dealers! H2447INTX General Discussion (Moto Related) 3 12-16-2008 03:38 PM
Kawi Dealers apoe87 General Discussion (Moto Related) 18 10-10-2008 01:01 AM
Advertisement
Old 04-08-2009, 08:10 AM   #2
Azylum
The Chosen One

Feedback Rating: (23)

Experience: 8 years
Trackdays: 2

because they know people are stupid enough to pay it. i dont really hate them for it, they gotta make money.
Old 04-08-2009, 08:53 AM   #3
Unleaded_Buell
Long Stroke; Low RPM

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 4 years

Bike(s):
2008 Buell XB9

Member Garage

Call them, offer $7500 and leave your number. I've consistently gotten great deals on previously overpriced stuff because the dealers give up waiting for a sucker after 4-6 weeks. Doesn't cost you anything to make an offer and you can keep looking in the meantime.

Timidi mater non flet.
Unleaded_Buell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 08:55 AM   #4
Chubby Racer
The Confusion

Experience: 8 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
'07 R6
'02 KLX110(tarded)

Send a message via ICQ to Chubby Racer Send a message via AIM to Chubby Racer Send a message via MSN to Chubby Racer Send a message via Yahoo to Chubby Racer
This is a no brainer. A private seller just wants to get out from under the vehicle. A dealer needs to make money. Dealer prices will always, initially, be higher.
A motorcycle is a joy machine. It's a machine of wonders, a metal bird, a motorized prosthetic. It's light and dark and shiny and dirty and warm and cold lapping over each other; it's a conduit of grace, it's a catalyst for bonding the gritty and the holy.

CMRA #302
Chubby Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 02:19 PM   #5
train460
speed junky

Bike(s):
88 v-max
05 Honda Goldwing
85 V-max (wifes)
05 Vtx 1300 (wifes)

i hear ya. I can see if it was a hard to find bike or whatever. But with the internet now. you would think that they would look around abit, see what is out there and try to compete abit. and you KNOW that they gave less than what is out there for the bike so if the going price around for say a busa is $7500. they are asking $9900. they only gave MAYBE $6500 tops for it.

later
michael
88 v-max
Old 04-08-2009, 02:50 PM   #6
AJFLo

Feedback Rating: (8)

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
K7 GSXR 600
06 Honda 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by train460 View Post
i hear ya. I can see if it was a hard to find bike or whatever. But with the internet now. you would think that they would look around abit, see what is out there and try to compete abit. and you KNOW that they gave less than what is out there for the bike so if the going price around for say a busa is $7500. they are asking $9900. they only gave MAYBE $6500 tops for it.

later
michael
There are more costs that go into an item besides the initial amount they give for it such as reconditioning costs (oil change, tires, valve adjustments, any other maintenance), dealer pack, and of course PROFIT! You can't hate on somebody trying to make a living. Even if YOU think its over priced, somebody else might not think it is.
AJFLo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 05:31 PM   #7
superduke
Dont be That Guy.

Experience: 7 years
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
00 XR400R
Black 08 Speed Triple (sold)
05 R1 (sold)
05 R6 (sold
85 VF1000R (sold)

Send a message via Yahoo to superduke
I had a salesman at a local Honda place in Beaumont tell me their were no differences in the 07 and 08 cbr1k except the body work, and the 07 had an adjustable seat. true story.
superduke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 10:33 AM   #8
train460
speed junky

Bike(s):
88 v-max
05 Honda Goldwing
85 V-max (wifes)
05 Vtx 1300 (wifes)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJFLo View Post
There are more costs that go into an item besides the initial amount they give for it such as reconditioning costs (oil change, tires, valve adjustments, any other maintenance), dealer pack, and of course PROFIT! You can't hate on somebody trying to make a living. Even if YOU think its over priced, somebody else might not think it is.
how many shops actually do this? i bet not many.
I KNOW that the old stubbs SAID they did, we get the bike home and drain the "freshly" changed oil and it was black.
I don't recall any used bikes for sale also with brand new tires.

My 02 is that a shop takes the bike in the back door and out the front door.

again my 02
Michael
88 v-max
Old 04-09-2009, 01:32 PM   #9
bluewave18
Safety Third

Bike(s):
08 Busa
03 XR 50

I agree. They are not going to any more than necessary to sell the bike. Why tie up more in it. Anyone who thinks the bike gets valve adjustments in the interest of the buyer is crazy.
bluewave18 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 02:01 PM   #10
Mr Richards
Insert Clever Quote Here

Feedback Rating: (3)

Bike(s):
2005 Yamaha R1 (Street)
2005 Yamaha R1 (Track)

Member Garage

You have got to be talking about eximports.

Advertisement