Welcome back to us :/ Our hosts data center was down for the entire day.
MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > Taking it to the Track
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 04-07-2009, 05:16 PM   #1
BYRDMAN
WX MAN

Feedback Rating: (8)

Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2015 KTM Adventure 1190
2007 KTM 300 XC smoker
2007 KTM 300 XC smoker

Member Garage

2pc Leather Combo

I need some advice... I have some Tecknic leather pants and a Leather Joe Rocket (team Kawasaki) Jacket. I was going to take the pants and the jacket over to Marcellos in the Galleria to get teh zipper from the pants sewn into the jacket.

My question is should I just go buy a Tecknic Jacket to go with the pants or get my Joe Rocket jacket fitted to the tecknic pants?

please track gods advice.....
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0114.JPG
Views:	64
Size:	61.0 KB
ID:	21843   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0115.JPG
Views:	62
Size:	60.1 KB
ID:	21844  

AMERICAN MADE WITH MEXICAN PARTS
BYRDMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Street Riding-1pc or 2pc leathers tbcaveman General Discussion (Moto Related) 25 09-29-2011 09:27 PM
BT016 SALE @ Motorcycles Unlimited, 120-180 combo $189.95, 120-190/55 combo $198.95 Patrick Motorcycles Unlimited 22 03-26-2011 12:52 PM
J.R. Supermoto Leather/Mesh Combo Jacket? rideForrestride Gear Talk 0 12-27-2007 09:29 PM
Got my 2PC Alpinestars suit YAY! Robert95z Gear Talk 14 04-25-2007 11:07 PM
1pc vs 2pc suit? PhilAnder Safety Corner Main 40 02-27-2006 11:06 AM
Advertisement
Old 04-07-2009, 06:50 PM   #2
navigator
Senior Citizen

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
'09 Ninja 250
'09 Versys
'09 Grizzly
'10 Felt Racing Hybrid

If you are just going to try out a track day I suggest doing the zipper job unless you just want to have the matching pants. That will get you thru your novice sessions without a big expenditure.

If you are going to continue riding track days I suggest purchasing a good 1-piece suit. The 2 piece have been known to come apart and allow some unwanted road rash.

I really have done more than 1 trackday and been riding longer than 1 year.
POLITICAL CORRECTNESS, is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a by the clean end.
navigator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 07:36 PM   #3
fly_737

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
07 r6

i crashed in a two piece at TWS (Texas World Speedway). it was a technic. it did not come apart.

Last edited by fly_737; 04-07-2009 at 07:37 PM. Reason: sp
fly_737 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 08:00 PM   #4
Chubby Racer
The Confusion

Feedback Rating: (2)

Experience: 8 years

Bike(s):
'07 R6
'02 KLX110(tarded)

Send a message via ICQ to Chubby Racer Send a message via AIM to Chubby Racer Send a message via MSN to Chubby Racer Send a message via Yahoo to Chubby Racer
If you just want to "try on" the track, have the zipper added. If you expect to do a lot of trackdays, you're going to want some pants with pucks at the minimum and probably a 1-piece would be a better option.
A motorcycle is a joy machine. It's a machine of wonders, a metal bird, a motorized prosthetic. It's light and dark and shiny and dirty and warm and cold lapping over each other; it's a conduit of grace, it's a catalyst for bonding the gritty and the holy.

CMRA #302
Chubby Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 08:09 PM   #5
BYRDMAN
WX MAN

Feedback Rating: (8)

Bike(s):
2015 KTM Adventure 1190
2007 KTM 300 XC smoker
2007 KTM 300 XC smoker

Member Garage

I have pucks... I have a noon track day coming up and instead of renting rather spend the money on one of my own. I am pretty sure I am gonna get hooked and it won't be my only track day.

So should I get the top tecknic or see ok the zipper on my joe rocket?

Should of added a pole to this thread

AMERICAN MADE WITH MEXICAN PARTS
BYRDMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 08:15 PM   #6
Chubby Racer
The Confusion

Feedback Rating: (2)

Experience: 8 years

Bike(s):
'07 R6
'02 KLX110(tarded)

Send a message via ICQ to Chubby Racer Send a message via AIM to Chubby Racer Send a message via MSN to Chubby Racer Send a message via Yahoo to Chubby Racer
Quote:
Originally Posted by BYRDMAN View Post
I have pucks... I have a noon track day coming up and instead of renting rather spend the money on one of my own. I am pretty sure I am gonna get hooked and it won't be my only track day.

So should I get the top tecknic or see ok the zipper on my joe rocket?

Should of added a pole to this thread
Just add the zipper. Save the money you would spend buying a matching jacket, and put it towards a 1 piece.
A motorcycle is a joy machine. It's a machine of wonders, a metal bird, a motorized prosthetic. It's light and dark and shiny and dirty and warm and cold lapping over each other; it's a conduit of grace, it's a catalyst for bonding the gritty and the holy.

CMRA #302
Chubby Racer is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement