MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > Dirtbikes, Mini's, ATV's.....
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.


Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Reply
Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 04-06-2009, 09:42 PM   #1
Ryan
Senior Member
 
Ryan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Feedback Rating: (1)
Posts: 202












Highlands, or badlands

anyone been to the highlands or the new track in beumont the badlands im tryin to decide which to go to first
Ryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Training camp at Badlands this Sunday HoustonRealtor Dirtbikes, Mini's, ATV's..... 0 08-28-2010 12:25 AM
Next Xtreme Race Cowboy Badlands Aug 21-22, 2010 Otis Dirtbikes, Mini's, ATV's..... 24 08-21-2010 08:53 PM
Highlands tomorrow Liqued600RR Dirtbikes, Mini's, ATV's..... 0 05-13-2009 08:10 PM
MX Sunday 3/8: Cowboy Badlands (towards Beaumont) Squanto84 Events, Meets and Rides 5 03-07-2009 09:49 PM
Cowboy BadLands delinquent Dirtbikes, Mini's, ATV's..... 2 07-06-2008 05:32 PM
Advertisement
Old 04-06-2009, 11:06 PM   #2
YZFracer212
Senior Member
 
YZFracer212's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Deer Park
Feedback Rating: (1)
Posts: 1,089


Bike(s):
05 SV 1000 ~ Street, 2000 SV 650 ~ track, 2007 RMZ 250 ~ MX, 2003 CRF 88 ~ play









Send a message via AIM to YZFracer212
I ride highlands weekly, racing there fri night. Fun track to me, I have heard bad lands in the though so.
YZFracer212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 11:36 PM   #3
klassik
Senior Member
 
klassik's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Rosharon Tx
Feedback Rating: (2)
Posts: 7,984

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
929
rnz450








highlands will always be sick. perfect track if you are a little experienced. when i used to race and ride regularly. that was the place to be on tuesday nights. all the fast riders where there and doing 20 minute motos as hard as you could.
__________________
www.teamstunters.com
klassik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 11:52 PM   #4
YZFracer212
Senior Member
 
YZFracer212's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Deer Park
Feedback Rating: (1)
Posts: 1,089


Bike(s):
05 SV 1000 ~ Street, 2000 SV 650 ~ track, 2007 RMZ 250 ~ MX, 2003 CRF 88 ~ play









Send a message via AIM to YZFracer212
Quote:
Originally Posted by klassik View Post
highlands will always be sick. perfect track if you are a little experienced. when i used to race and ride regularly. that was the place to be on tuesday nights. all the fast riders where there and doing 20 minute motos as hard as you could.
When I use to beat you?
YZFracer212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 11:57 PM   #5
klassik
Senior Member
 
klassik's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Rosharon Tx
Feedback Rating: (2)
Posts: 7,984

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
929
rnz450








Quote:
Originally Posted by YZFracer212 View Post
When I use to beat you?
bull . lol i was on a old rm 85 schoolin you . when i got my 125 it wasnt even a competition anymore lol. but in all seriousness i cut my teeth on that track. rmz should be together soon. im ready to get back in it. im gettin really fat
__________________
www.teamstunters.com
klassik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 12:18 AM   #6
jfly
RIP Coach Dave
 
jfly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Huntsville/Katy
Feedback Rating: (2)
Posts: 2,764

Experience: 1 year

Bike(s):
cbr 600 F3 LOR exhaust




Member Garage





bunch of sand baggers at highlands lmao
__________________
2147843650102538748pyAvEK th
WHATEVA! Ill do what I want!
Street Experience 9 to 12 months
Actual Riding Experience 10+ years
Quote:
I'll say this, he did a pretty decent job hanging with 3 liter bikes on 45 on his F3!!
jfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 12:23 AM   #7
klassik
Senior Member
 
klassik's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Rosharon Tx
Feedback Rating: (2)
Posts: 7,984

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
929
rnz450








Quote:
Originally Posted by jfly View Post
bunch of sand baggers at highlands lmao
what. i never sand bagged lol. get outta here spode lol. but for real that used to me off lol. most 125 novice back in the day when they still existed would be able to hang in intermidiate but no one would move up cause stc rules didnt make you unless you placed top five lol the good times
__________________
www.teamstunters.com
klassik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 12:25 AM   #8
YZFracer212
Senior Member
 
YZFracer212's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Deer Park
Feedback Rating: (1)
Posts: 1,089


Bike(s):
05 SV 1000 ~ Street, 2000 SV 650 ~ track, 2007 RMZ 250 ~ MX, 2003 CRF 88 ~ play









Send a message via AIM to YZFracer212
Quote:
Originally Posted by klassik View Post
bull . lol i was on a old rm 85 schoolin you . when i got my 125 it wasnt even a competition anymore lol. but in all seriousness i cut my teeth on that track. rmz should be together soon. im ready to get back in it. im gettin really fat
son you were on the 125 back then. When I moved to FL you jumped up to the 250.
YZFracer212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 07:16 AM   #9
C.Hern5972
Street Ninja Four Father
 
C.Hern5972's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Pearland Tx
Feedback Rating: (5)
Posts: 14,729

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
96 ZX7R 37k miles and still strong
2007 HD Softail
2002 Springer Classic
2007 GSXR600

Member Garage


Highlands is a sweet rack. I miss it at times. Always a good time out there and fun times running those 20 min motos.
__________________
chern

Chris H
"I dont follow rules to well"
C.Hern5972 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 07:26 AM   #10
bluewave18
Safety Third
 
bluewave18's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: S.E.
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 34,098

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
08 Busa
03 XR 50








Guy at work is all about racing and he says Badlands is bad .
bluewave18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 07:32 AM   #11
kdog22
Wheelie it son..
 
kdog22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: spring
Feedback Rating: (4)
Posts: 14,533

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
2004 Honda xr50
1991 Honda z50
2004 WR450 Supermoto
1988 Honda ZB50 - For Sale

Member Garage





Quote:
Originally Posted by klassik View Post
what. i never sand bagged lol. get outta here spode lol. but for real that used to me off lol. most 125 novice back in the day when they still existed would be able to hang in intermidiate but no one would move up cause stc rules didnt make you unless you placed top five lol the good times
haha that used to annoy me. But i usually held my own against those "novice" riders that had been novice for a while

badlands, is that the only track that's out in beaumont? if so i think i've been there a long time ago and it wasn't much when i was there.. i don't think it's the same track.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave C View Post
fkn kdogg just started staring at me like i'm bout to jump off this bike and murder some dave c. i was thinkin ok lets see what i did to this man to make him hate me and how fast can i run
Quote:
Originally Posted by Senator View Post
Muhammad.........Nostradamus..........Kdog
The cycle continues.
kdog22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 08:11 AM   #12
YZFracer212
Senior Member
 
YZFracer212's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Deer Park
Feedback Rating: (1)
Posts: 1,089


Bike(s):
05 SV 1000 ~ Street, 2000 SV 650 ~ track, 2007 RMZ 250 ~ MX, 2003 CRF 88 ~ play









Send a message via AIM to YZFracer212
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdog22 View Post
haha that used to annoy me. But i usually held my own against those "novice" riders that had been novice for a while

badlands, is that the only track that's out in beaumont? if so i think i've been there a long time ago and it wasn't much when i was there.. i don't think it's the same track.
No badlands is a brand new track, it is acctually on this side beaumont on I10. Emil the owner of 3 palms built the track for the owner, it is really Cowboy Badlands. The guy also owns Cowboy Honda, and Cowboy Harley.
YZFracer212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 08:25 AM   #13
kdog22
Wheelie it son..
 
kdog22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: spring
Feedback Rating: (4)
Posts: 14,533

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
2004 Honda xr50
1991 Honda z50
2004 WR450 Supermoto
1988 Honda ZB50 - For Sale

Member Garage





Quote:
Originally Posted by YZFracer212 View Post
No badlands is a brand new track, it is acctually on this side beaumont on I10. Emil the owner of 3 palms built the track for the owner, it is really Cowboy Badlands. The guy also owns Cowboy Honda, and Cowboy Harley.
gotcha.. ya that's pretty cool.. Emil can build a good track.. i miss Mills rd. That was a great track!
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave C View Post
fkn kdogg just started staring at me like i'm bout to jump off this bike and murder some dave c. i was thinkin ok lets see what i did to this man to make him hate me and how fast can i run
Quote:
Originally Posted by Senator View Post
Muhammad.........Nostradamus..........Kdog
The cycle continues.
kdog22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 09:29 AM   #14
blends
NYYYYYYEAAOWWWWWW
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: mission bend
Feedback Rating: (3)
Posts: 7,307

Experience: 2 years
Trackdays: 10+






Member Garage





Send a message via AIM to blends
lowlands or goodlands?
__________________
ಠ_ಠ
blends is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 09:34 AM   #15
klassik
Senior Member
 
klassik's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Rosharon Tx
Feedback Rating: (2)
Posts: 7,984

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
929
rnz450








Quote:
Originally Posted by kdog22 View Post
haha that used to annoy me. But i usually held my own against those "novice" riders that had been novice for a while

badlands, is that the only track that's out in beaumont? if so i think i've been there a long time ago and it wasn't much when i was there.. i don't think it's the same track.
there used to be some beumont track that sucked. thats what i thought it was. guess not. i mess san jac the most. that triple step up was a fun jump
__________________
www.teamstunters.com
klassik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 09:36 AM   #16
klassik
Senior Member
 
klassik's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Rosharon Tx
Feedback Rating: (2)
Posts: 7,984

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
929
rnz450








Quote:
Originally Posted by kdog22 View Post
gotcha.. ya that's pretty cool.. Emil can build a good track.. i miss Mills rd. That was a great track!
their dirt was sweet. a black sand. kinda like 3 palms is now. but emil always has and always will be a . he can build a nice track though lol. mills road was the 85 days. that was a tight track. man i miss it
__________________
www.teamstunters.com
klassik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 09:46 AM   #17
kdog22
Wheelie it son..
 
kdog22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: spring
Feedback Rating: (4)
Posts: 14,533

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
2004 Honda xr50
1991 Honda z50
2004 WR450 Supermoto
1988 Honda ZB50 - For Sale

Member Garage





Quote:
Originally Posted by klassik View Post
their dirt was sweet. a black sand. kinda like 3 palms is now. but emil always has and always will be a . he can build a nice track though lol. mills road was the 85 days. that was a tight track. man i miss it
yea, emil was a bit of an .. and yes, he can def. build a track.. did you ever go to an old track that used to be off of old walter road? It was only there for maybe a year.. it would have been when you and me were on 80's. it was around when mills was around and shortly after mills closed, they closed too.

san jac... that rings a bell.. you talking about splendora mx? They had a monster triple step up.. i really hope they didn't close down.. that was an AWESOME track, i loved that place. that was one of my favorite places to race.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave C View Post
fkn kdogg just started staring at me like i'm bout to jump off this bike and murder some dave c. i was thinkin ok lets see what i did to this man to make him hate me and how fast can i run
Quote:
Originally Posted by Senator View Post
Muhammad.........Nostradamus..........Kdog
The cycle continues.
kdog22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 09:48 AM   #18
klassik
Senior Member
 
klassik's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Rosharon Tx
Feedback Rating: (2)
Posts: 7,984

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
929
rnz450








man. walter road sounds famililar but i cant think if i ever went.

splendy is still open i think with new owners. that triple step up was 5th gear pinned on my lil ol 125 lol barely made it. but was sweet.that was the first race i ever won was at that track.
__________________
www.teamstunters.com
klassik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 07:54 PM   #19
YZFracer212
Senior Member
 
YZFracer212's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Deer Park
Feedback Rating: (1)
Posts: 1,089


Bike(s):
05 SV 1000 ~ Street, 2000 SV 650 ~ track, 2007 RMZ 250 ~ MX, 2003 CRF 88 ~ play









Send a message via AIM to YZFracer212
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdog22 View Post
yea, emil was a bit of an .. and yes, he can def. build a track.. did you ever go to an old track that used to be off of old walter road? It was only there for maybe a year.. it would have been when you and me were on 80's. it was around when mills was around and shortly after mills closed, they closed too.

san jac... that rings a bell.. you talking about splendora mx? They had a monster triple step up.. i really hope they didn't close down.. that was an AWESOME track, i loved that place. that was one of my favorite places to race.
Agree, the owner of cowboy is getting at emil because he wont get out of his business now lol. He hired him to build the track not try and run it.
YZFracer212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 05:15 PM   #20
kdog22
Wheelie it son..
 
kdog22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: spring
Feedback Rating: (4)
Posts: 14,533

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
2004 Honda xr50
1991 Honda z50
2004 WR450 Supermoto
1988 Honda ZB50 - For Sale

Member Garage





Did yall ever go to Clutch City mx? it was out in humble for about a year or so. That was a true motocross track.. long, sandy, rutted up and would wear you out. that was the track i first started racing at.

if i remember right, it closed down right after clement took over running the track.. But that track had it's own series and it's was awesome but it slowly died out. They still have some awesome video on houstonmotocross.com at that track.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave C View Post
fkn kdogg just started staring at me like i'm bout to jump off this bike and murder some dave c. i was thinkin ok lets see what i did to this man to make him hate me and how fast can i run
Quote:
Originally Posted by Senator View Post
Muhammad.........Nostradamus..........Kdog
The cycle continues.
kdog22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Advertisement


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:34 PM.


MotoHouston.com is not responsible for the content posted by users.
Privacy Policy