MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 04-06-2009, 01:27 PM   #81
Pyrofallout
<<<< S.B.N. >>>>

Feedback Rating: (31)

Experience: 5 years
Trackdays: 10+

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by MudBug View Post
the corner working thing is for a turn that is 90 degrees and marked for 15 mph. We have a person there to make sure no one tries to take it at 20 or 25 or faster. Its a safety thing.
true. but if people were riding appropriate and paying attention to warning signs you would see ahead of time that the turn is a 15 mph turn. there would be no need for someone standing their waving for everyone to slow down. not saying i think it is a bad idea, but he has a point.

i have noticed a few people that do have in their sigs how many times they have ridden 3090
Pyrofallout is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
fckin fck fck's MudBug Off Topic 43 02-27-2009 09:01 AM
fck MudBug Off Topic 19 12-27-2008 11:25 PM
fck banks! MudBug Off Topic 23 11-17-2008 02:00 PM
Fck this!! I'm out.... Los Off Topic 27 07-06-2006 11:03 PM
Advertisement
Old 04-06-2009, 01:54 PM   #82
Badzx14r
Banned

Feedback Rating: (0)

Bike(s):
2many2list

User is banned

Badzx14r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 01:57 PM   #83
NorthHoustonGSXR
Yes I do.

Feedback Rating: (5)

Bike(s):
2006 GSX 600R
mystery bike
2000 CBR600F4 track only (SOLD)

Quote:
Originally Posted by navigator View Post
He keeps running his mouth and he doesn't know WTF he is talking about. He's just trolling for responses.
who are you refering too.

xdng33m4iv
GOVERNMENT IS THE REAL MIDDLE MAN. COMMON BUSINESS PRACTICE IS TO ELIMINATE THE MIDDLE MAN.
NorthHoustonGSXR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 01:59 PM   #84
MudBug
Banned

Feedback Rating: (3)

Experience: 6 years
Trackdays: 6

Bike(s):
1994 kawi zx7
1991 DR250

Member Garage

User is banned

MudBug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 02:00 PM   #85
MudBug
Banned

Bike(s):
1994 kawi zx7
1991 DR250

Member Garage

User is banned

Old 04-06-2009, 02:11 PM   #86
paniro187

Quote:
Originally Posted by dudewhrsmybike View Post
Give me a break
Some people love riding and thats their way of showing it.
Let them do their thing and you do yours.
How the fukk do you know how they ride out there anyway?
'Lil man really got a problem with me huh lol. Everything you say make sure you own it lol.

When you add emotion to any equation, you can't trust the results-Unknown
paniro187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 02:13 PM   #87
MudBug
Banned

Bike(s):
1994 kawi zx7
1991 DR250

Member Garage

User is banned

Old 04-06-2009, 02:14 PM   #88
Pyrofallout
<<<< S.B.N. >>>>

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by paniro187 View Post
'Lil man really got a problem with me huh lol. Everything you say make sure you own it lol.

I have no idea what he just said.
Old 04-06-2009, 02:24 PM   #89
Ulric
Dirty Old

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
05 FZ1

Quote:
Originally Posted by navigator View Post
He keeps running his mouth and he doesn't know WTF he is talking about. He's just trolling for responses.
...precisely where is his commentary
Quote:
You know its bad when someone mentions that certain guys out there are like "corner workers" and certain people have in their sigs a road and how many times they did it like its a track day then you know you might be taking a public road a little too seriously.
WRONG? (granted could have been worded better, but the gist/point still stands).

It IS good that mud and them put someone at the corner as an added precaution, but it shouldn't be neccessary...and could be a potential hazard/distraction (ie: Target Fixation).
Old 04-06-2009, 02:28 PM   #90
texlurch
Official MH tag inspector

Feedback Rating: (2)

Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
04 ZX-10R
02 ZX-12R BOTM 12/11
00 ZX-12R
07 GSXR 600
00 TL1000R BOTM 07/12 (sold)

Member Garage

I've been riding street bikes off and on since the late 70's. I've done some stupid stuff, and been down more than once due to it. I like attacking a stretch of backroad as much as the next guy.

I've also learned that no matter how skilled you are, or how many track days you've done, or how many times you have run that road, all you control is yourself and your bike (some better than others).

Like Curt says, who got the trophy? Anything more than 60-70% or your ability and the road space is pushing it. I don't give a who you are. Sooner or later, you'll mess up. And you can't blame the road or your buddies or the buzzard, it is in your hands. MY problem is who else you take out when you go?

Another reason why I like small groups that I know.

That being said, it is a free country, even though we do have laws. We choose to break them or not, but remember you don't have the right to choose for anyone else.

Empty backroads with good sightlines, have at it and enjoy, take YOUR chances. Well traveled roads with blind curves and driveways and traffic, pull it back a notch and save it for the next track day. Is it really that much to ask? Even at that, play in the curves, chill on the straights. Not that hard to do is it, really? Anyone can haul in a straight, but then you are left with deciding how much to slow for the next curve or obstacle.

Just some rambling from one of the old farts.... take it as you will.
.... Home of the "Black Ninja's"
texlurch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 02:35 PM   #91
JRxGRUBZx

Experience: 2 years

Bike(s):
O-six six durty six (r.i.p)
07 zx6r (rip)
o-five six durty six (rip)
01 f4i - yes yes im a trader .

Quote:
Originally Posted by texlurch View Post
I've been riding street bikes off and on since the late 70's. I've done some stupid stuff, and been down more than once due to it. I like attacking a stretch of backroad as much as the next guy.

I've also learned that no matter how skilled you are, or how many track days you've done, or how many times you have run that road, all you control is yourself and your bike (some better than others).

Like Curt says, who got the trophy? Anything more than 60-70% or your ability and the road space is pushing it. I don't give a who you are. Sooner or later, you'll mess up. And you can't blame the road or your buddies or the buzzard, it is in your hands. MY problem is who else you take out when you go?

That being said, it is a free country, even though we do have laws. We choose to break them or not, but remember you don't have the right to choose for anyone else.

Empty backroads with good sightlines, have at it and enjoy, take YOUR chances. Well traveled roads with blind curves and driveways and traffic, pull it back a notch and save it for the next track day. Is it really that much to ask? Even at that, play in the curves, chill on the straights. Not that hard to do is it, really? Anyone can haul in a straight, but then you are left with deciding how much to slow for the next curve or obstacle.

good read tx. R.I.P DAVE
JRxGRUBZx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 02:37 PM   #92
NorthHoustonGSXR
Yes I do.

Bike(s):
2006 GSX 600R
mystery bike
2000 CBR600F4 track only (SOLD)

well put texlurch

xdng33m4iv
GOVERNMENT IS THE REAL MIDDLE MAN. COMMON BUSINESS PRACTICE IS TO ELIMINATE THE MIDDLE MAN.
NorthHoustonGSXR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 02:40 PM   #93
MudBug
Banned

Bike(s):
1994 kawi zx7
1991 DR250

Member Garage

User is banned

Old 04-06-2009, 02:41 PM   #94
Pyrofallout
<<<< S.B.N. >>>>

Member Garage

Quote:

very well put. and a top notch guy to ride with.
Old 04-06-2009, 02:45 PM   #95
cdill35

Bike(s):
2014 Phoenix 921 Pro XP w/ Merc 250 ProXS
11 Yam Zuma 125
Specialized Stumpy

I agree Jim..however, there is no substitute and no excuse for not improving ones skill set.
cdill35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 02:45 PM   #96
texlurch

Bike(s):
04 ZX-10R
02 ZX-12R BOTM 12/11
00 ZX-12R
07 GSXR 600

Member Garage

And please remember when we toss out the 70-80% stuff, that everyone is different. I've ridden with faster guys and slower, and I vary from day to day just depending on how I feel.

Hardest part of riding with anyone else is deciding what our limits as a group are. There is no such thing as "know your own pace" for beginners and even some long term riders.

I've seen guys more than once that made me think they were really pushing it to the edge.. and when I ask them they admit they were and scared more than once, but didn't want to appear slow.

Peer pressure is a , death is a bigger . Choose wisely.
Old 04-06-2009, 02:46 PM   #97
cdill35

Bike(s):
2014 Phoenix 921 Pro XP w/ Merc 250 ProXS
11 Yam Zuma 125
Specialized Stumpy

And why do peeps keep referring to Dave? While his accident may have triggered this thread no one suggested this was about him and his riding?
cdill35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 02:49 PM   #98
texlurch

Bike(s):
04 ZX-10R
02 ZX-12R BOTM 12/11
00 ZX-12R
07 GSXR 600

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdill35 View Post
I agree Jim..however, there is no substitute and no excuse for not improving ones skill set.
Absolutely 100% agree... but exploring the limits of that skill set on the back roads is just plain dumb. Much better to stay well within yourself, and have that extra backup to pull out when that "ah " moment comes, and you REALLY need it.

That being said, I am a firm believer in sharing what little I know in the hopes of getting someone to better themselves. Doesn't bother me a bit to go slow and chill if I can make someone elses ride more fun. And there are tricks and styles that can make you work just as hard on the street at much lower speeds, with a lot more road space to work with. Track lines are for the track.

But I prefer to try and impart street smarts versus all out track riding style for the street. There is a place for all kinds of riding.
Old 04-06-2009, 02:49 PM   #99
MudBug
Banned

Bike(s):
1994 kawi zx7
1991 DR250

Member Garage

User is banned

Old 04-06-2009, 02:55 PM   #100
dudewhrsmybike

Experience: 8 years

Bike(s):
2011 Kawasaki ZX-10R ABS

Member Garage

Send a message via AIM to dudewhrsmybike
Quote:
Empty backroads with good sightlines, have at it and enjoy, take YOUR chances. Well traveled roads with blind curves and driveways and traffic, pull it back a notch and save it for the next track day. Is it really that much to ask? Even at that, play in the curves, chill on the straights. Not that hard to do is it, really?
That is how I do my riding. . .I don't really go to the forest anymore for that reason and a few other reasons. . .But if I have a two mile stretch in a straight and no one is around, I don't always "chill" but that is my choice and I know the risks I take I give the rest of your post that I didn't quote a

It's GREEN, it's FAST, and it says Ninja on it
dudewhrsmybike is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement