MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 02-13-2006, 06:19 PM   #21
andre3k
I see dead people...

Feedback Rating: (1)

I just wouldn't ride it there, especially if I had a nice bike. Prob not what you wanna hear though. Never tracked a lojack bike before but my concern would be if officers got the signal while it was mobile the suspect would run anyway and probably wreck the bike. There goes your $700.00 lojack and 8k bike.
andre3k is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Anti-Theft KneeSlider General Discussion (Moto Related) 30 04-10-2014 03:35 PM
anti theft measures? loosenoose General Discussion (Moto Related) 11 01-13-2009 10:51 PM
ANY ANTI-THEFT TIPS? rod3rickj General Discussion (Moto Related) 28 04-04-2008 06:11 PM
Ultimate Anti-Theft Motorcycle Lock FKNA General Discussion (Moto Related) 5 02-23-2008 10:22 PM
Anti-theft Wheel Lock spidermanfreak2 Gear Talk 22 05-21-2007 12:47 PM
Advertisement
Old 02-13-2006, 09:10 PM   #22
ScooterTrash
ConroePowderCoating.com

Feedback Rating: (3)

Bike(s):
lots of em

you could hire an out of work circus midget to sit and watch it while you are in class.

these guyscircusposter21
could probably give you a few numbers to call.

[QUOTE=Mr.D;2764337]
I respect scootertrash because well... He's like the Jesus of building and fixing .
[/QUOTE]
ScooterTrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2007, 08:53 PM   #23
Tard
Certified Interrogator

Feedback Rating: (0)

Bike(s):
07 DRZ400SM

I had a phantom tracking unit installed on my bike. Expensive, but it keeps me from worrying. Anyone touches it, moves it, sits on it, it will send a signal to my key fob if within distance. It also sends a signal to the dispatch center, which will then text my cell. They will then call to see if everything is alright. If stolen you tell them to activate the gps on the unit. They will then call the local pd and give them the information. I know someone in the houston area that is a dealer for the system. Phantomtracking.com
Tard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2007, 09:04 PM   #24
Jango

Send a message via AIM to Jango
i say ride it into the class room.
Jango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2007, 09:19 PM   #25
CaligoneTx
Forest Gnome Tour Guide

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
Triumph 675r
Ducati 748
Hyosungs (250r + 650r)
Honda 900rr
Suzuki Busa1300r (+2 bikes)

Send a message via AIM to CaligoneTx Send a message via Yahoo to CaligoneTx
I thought lojack couldn't track a bike if it was mobile due to the vibrations; then a little bit ago they started offering them... So problem fixed? Does anyone have experience with this?
CaligoneTx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2007, 09:40 PM   #26
SPHINX
Ominous Misanthropia

Bike(s):
2006 ZX6R
2005 749S

Send a message via AIM to SPHINX
I have the scorpio alarm and it works remarkable, people usually back off once the alarm starts to chirp. And if they don't, the system goes into a full ear-splittering 130dbs alarm.
SPHINX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2007, 08:15 AM   #27
logan5

Feedback Rating: (5)

Bike(s):
2001 SV 650 (my track ), 2005 SV 650s

The thing that's worked best for me is having a bike no one really wants. The 250 is not worth the effort to steal, and so cheap you could buy it with pocket change.
Old 09-20-2007, 09:20 AM   #28
rideForrestride

Trackdays: 5

Bike(s):
'08 ZX10R - The Mistress

Quote:
Originally Posted by logan5 View Post
The thing that's worked best for me is having a bike no one really wants. The 250 is not worth the effort to steal, and so cheap you could buy it with pocket change.
Nice!!!
rideForrestride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2007, 09:35 AM   #29
dbuck
Stayin' Young

Feedback Rating: (5)

Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
02 Honda Superhawk

Send a message via AIM to dbuck
Quote:
Originally Posted by logan5 View Post
I have the same idea....I ride a 94...I could leave the keys in it and have nothing to worry about
dbuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2007, 10:14 AM   #30
Jon

Bike(s):
MV Agusta

lo jack has 100 % recovery of motorcycles in the houston area as of 4 months ago
Jon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2007, 10:24 AM   #31
Seth
F T W

Feedback Rating: (2)

Experience: 5 years
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
sixsevenfive

Send a message via AIM to Seth
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tard View Post
I had a phantom tracking unit installed on my bike. Expensive, but it keeps me from worrying. Anyone touches it, moves it, sits on it, it will send a signal to my key fob if within distance. It also sends a signal to the dispatch center, which will then text my cell. They will then call to see if everything is alright. If stolen you tell them to activate the gps on the unit. They will then call the local pd and give them the information. I know someone in the houston area that is a dealer for the system. Phantomtracking.com
Holy cow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jango View Post
i say ride it into the class room.
Agreed. Park in the 12 o'clock position too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon View Post
lo jack has 100 % recovery of motorcycles in the houston area as of 4 months ago
Awesome.
Old 09-20-2007, 10:24 AM   #32
level5
moving chicane

Quote:
Originally Posted by andre3k View Post
I just wouldn't ride it there, especially if I had a nice bike. Prob not what you wanna hear though. Never tracked a lojack bike before but my concern would be if officers got the signal while it was mobile the suspect would run anyway and probably wreck the bike. There goes your $700.00 lojack and 8k bike.
I don't think the police is doing the tracking. Lojack triangulate the signal and tell the police where it is but sometimes can't be 100% due to proximity of others buildings or structures.
level5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2007, 05:19 PM   #33
bob_1

Bike(s):
2006 GSXR 1000

there's also like a home made lojack sorta thing you can make on your own... you have to get like a nextel or boost mobile phone with GPS. I'll post up the instructions if i find them. I'm sure prevention is important, but if it does happen you still have a back up
bob_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2007, 11:04 PM   #34
andrave

all security systems or tracking devices have their shortcomings.

I have a really think "kryptonite" cable and a big U lock with a special side cut key and a 6 tumbler lock.
its not fool proof, but youre not gonna cut, smash, pry, freeze, or burn through it with anything short of a gas powered cement saw or a torch, and I don't think your average thief has those (and I think they'd draw some attention using them if they did). And I always put the cable through the frame, through the swingarm, the rear tire, and around something relatively permanent (telephone poles, light poles, etc).

its not fool proof, and sometimes its a pain in the , but IMO is the most security I can get. And it only cost me about $50.
Old 09-20-2007, 11:20 PM   #35
hotnanas
i rock knobbies

Feedback Rating: (4)

i've been storing my bikes with no wheels lately...it's working well. I went out of town last weekend and accidentally left my garage door wide open...bikes were still there when I got home! (as was everything else in my house thank )
hotnanas is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement