Welcome back to us :/ Our hosts data center was down for the entire day.
MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 02-12-2006, 05:51 PM   #1
bandit

Feedback Rating: (0)

Unhappy Got pulled over.........and got a ticket!

Yesterday i left work to go home. I was on 96 in League City going wih the flow of traffic,minding my own business. As soon as i took my exit, BAM, i see DPS in my mirror with his lights on. I got off the bike and here he comes and asks if i seen him when i passed him doing 73 in a 55. I said no i didnt see you. My coworker who was in his truck right next to me says he didnt see him either! He must have a good hiding spot!!!!!! So i got a ticket,Joy!!!!!!! Anyone know what i can do to keep the ticket off my driving record so my insurance does not go through the roof ?
bandit is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
GOT PULLED OVER!!!! blackinesenika General Discussion (Moto Related) 37 08-02-2012 05:30 PM
Wonder if he gets pulled over? Vegas Kid Off Topic 9 08-09-2011 12:07 PM
Got pulled over... JSki General Discussion (Moto Related) 31 01-23-2008 11:26 AM
Got pulled over... rickykline General Discussion (Moto Related) 8 02-12-2006 03:48 PM
Got Pulled over... mightymouse General Discussion (Moto Related) 19 10-19-2005 01:33 PM
Advertisement
Old 02-12-2006, 05:52 PM   #2
Ramius
Rocket Surgeon

Feedback Rating: (1)

Bike(s):
The Purple People Eater

Send a message via AIM to Ramius
Sure man, go down and say you want deferred adjudication (or however they spell it) you pay a fine, and don't up (in that precinct) for three months and it's like it never happened.
Who I am now is not who I was, and who I will be is better than anything I ever could have imagined. I am Filled with the Spirit of Christ and I walk surrounded by a Host Of Angels, who can stand before the Army of ? Amen!
Ramius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2006, 05:56 PM   #3
AliceInChains02

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):
nada

. those troopers are sneaky. one came out of nowhere and got me a while back. either take the deferred, hire a lawyer, or get defensive driving.
AliceInChains02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2006, 06:02 PM   #4
Ramius
Rocket Surgeon

Bike(s):
The Purple People Eater

bah, all a lawyer will accomplish, is getting you deferred plus his 70 dollar lawyer fee.

Just do it on your own.
Who I am now is not who I was, and who I will be is better than anything I ever could have imagined. I am Filled with the Spirit of Christ and I walk surrounded by a Host Of Angels, who can stand before the Army of ? Amen!
Old 02-12-2006, 06:03 PM   #5
Ramius
Rocket Surgeon

Bike(s):
The Purple People Eater

Now if you were going really stupidly fast, I'd say get a lawyer, but yours is just a run of the mill "nice vehicle tax" =)
Old 02-12-2006, 06:09 PM   #6
AliceInChains02

Bike(s):
nada

i thought a lawyer is supposed to find out when the cop isn't going to be around, and then you go to court that day??
Old 02-12-2006, 06:14 PM   #7
Ramius
Rocket Surgeon

Bike(s):
The Purple People Eater

That doesn't work anymore, thats why you have three sessions instead of two, one to plead g/ng, the second to sit down with the da and discuss what happened and the third actual date, if the cop doesn't show up the da is there in his place with the facts as the cop would have them.

Too many cops weren't showing up
Old 02-12-2006, 06:23 PM   #8
AliceInChains02

Bike(s):
nada

well i wanna know how these lawyers get people off then? i always see people giving out lawyer #s and one time i asked how they do it and that's the explanation i got. what's the truth?! i can handle it
Old 02-12-2006, 06:26 PM   #9
Ramius
Rocket Surgeon

Bike(s):
The Purple People Eater

Ok, truth of the matter is, lawyers are very usefull if you really up. But for your average run of the mill speeding ticket they won't do anything for you that you couldn't do yourself, except save you the trouble of showing up, they can do that for you.
Old 02-13-2006, 01:13 AM   #10
scratchmaster_J

Bike(s):
'02 GSX-R Streetfighter

I've had lawyers for all 6 tickets i've ever had and all of them were disimissed. They ask for trial by jury... then the lawyer/ district attorney/judge all go out to the hallway and talk for about maybe 10 minutes and come in and tell you its been dismissed due to some technicallity with the the officer was using.
scratchmaster_J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2006, 01:18 AM   #11
ratmzapa

Member Garage

Ha funny^^^actually you can get out of any ticket if you can prove that your speed was in compliance with not the speed limit but with the weather and flow of traffic and that is was done in a safe manner...
Old 02-13-2006, 01:20 AM   #12
shipwreck

Bike(s):
2001 CBR 600 F4i

Quote:
Originally Posted by scratchmaster_J
I've had lawyers for all 6 tickets i've ever had and all of them were disimissed. They ask for trial by jury... then the lawyer/ district attorney/judge all go out to the hallway and talk for about maybe 10 minutes and come in and tell you its been dismissed due to some technicallity with the the officer was using.
the cops carry ? no wonder, last time i got pulled over, i felt that i just gotten f%#ked
shipwreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2006, 01:21 AM   #13
Ramius
Rocket Surgeon

Bike(s):
The Purple People Eater

Quote:
Originally Posted by dancinman
Ha funny^^^actually you can get out of any ticket if you can prove that your speed was in compliance with not the speed limit but with the weather and flow of traffic and that is was done in a safe manner...

I have never, ever in my whole life heard of someone getting away with speeding in that manner.

Except for that up north who got away with doing 129mph+ on his bike because he was charged with wreckless driving and the kid said "But it wasn't wreckless, I never switched lanes!!"
Old 02-13-2006, 01:37 AM   #14
ratmzapa

Member Garage

Exactly read the law books.. very carefully...how do you think people get away with murder...they get amazing lawyers who know the law books
Old 02-13-2006, 01:46 AM   #15
Ramius
Rocket Surgeon

Bike(s):
The Purple People Eater

I wish I were a lawyer, I'd dress like a Pirate and make people call me captain.
Old 02-13-2006, 02:57 AM   #16
ratmzapa

Member Garage

OMG^^^
Old 02-13-2006, 05:55 AM   #17
BigC
AKA Big Daddy

Experience: 7 years

Bike(s):
88"HURRICANE 1000 ( crashed ) / 98"Z-71 1500 4x4 / 06" Nissan Sentra Spec - V 6 Speed / ZX-7 Ninja

Bummer you got the ticket man - at least you weren't going crazy fast.
BigC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2006, 07:57 AM   #18
CarbonJames
LSTD/TTBC Instructor

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
13 250sx
13 350sxf
12 150sx
07 CRF 230
04 CRF 50/70

Member Garage

dont forget, if you get a ticket now you get points toward your lic. record. after 6 you're done.
CarbonJames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2006, 08:21 AM   #19
BigComfy

Feedback Rating: (3)

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
SV1k (sold)
CRB6 Track Bike (sold)
Daytona 1200 (parted)
1st Gen FZ1 (sold)
1st Gen SV650 (sold)

Member Garage

HUmmm well according to dancin man I passed one yesterday going a little over 55 mph lights on and all but I figure if I didn't see him it didn't happen....Sorry to hear bout the ticket man
Old 02-13-2006, 10:14 AM   #20
yankee

Bike(s):
08 HD Nightster

I hired a lawyer once and all he did was get me deffered. i could have done that myself. I was out the court fees + lawyer fees. IMO just go in an ask for deffered or defensive. I would ask for defensive driving 1st. its cheaper and your not on probabtion for 3-6 months. But if you cant take defensive ask for deffered, you just have to make sure you dont get another ticket while your on it or your screwed!!.
yankee is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement