MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 04-01-2009, 09:46 PM   #1
Azylum
The Chosen One

Feedback Rating: (23)

Experience: 8 years
Trackdays: 2

Man awarded $8.6 million after crash with pig

Only in california.

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/articl...2D68.DTL&tsp=1
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Woman 'hit on the head with Aaron's boss's genitals' awarded $95 million Grinchy Off Topic 50 06-13-2011 05:06 PM
Million Man March on DC 9/12 FKNA Off Topic 20 06-14-2009 09:01 PM
Advertisement
Old 04-01-2009, 09:51 PM   #2
Champ DP

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 1 year

Bike(s):
07 CBR 600rr

That is crazy...I wonder if he would have got 10 mil if he would have hit something bigger like a dear.
Champ DP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 09:56 PM   #3
QTip

Experience: 3 years
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
2010 Ducati Streetfighter 'S'

That's right...only in California. Relating to this, there was a story of a guy who tried to sue a department store b/c he crashed his motorcycle driving through the remnants of what was a watermelon in the parking lot. I don't think he got anywhere with that one though...

Here is the story from another forum I'm on:

So here's my dilemna- I was doing about 5 mph when I rode over a watermelon that had been smashed on the road and run over a few times in front of JC penny's. Now here's the issue...it was 7pm and the watermelon was flat on the pavement, I couldn't even see it and it had been there for about a day because the previous day I had seen where someone had thrown it down because it was in large clumps at the time.... The bike's not bad but the left side has been thrashed the front axle is bent a little bit, the swingarm is scrathed and bent where the rear peg is and the gas tank has a small ding in it....I went home after and called the police after I got the manager's name and told her about the accident but the police could have cared less and didn't even show up... So I went back to the scene today and took pictures and luckily even though i informed the management at JC penny's the watermellon bits were still there so i'm hoping I can take them to small claims court for diligence...anyone out there a lawyer...is this an available option.

Oh...and I just put my half termiginoni system on about 4 hours prior and it sounded great....life sucks..

Last edited by QTip; 04-01-2009 at 09:58 PM.
QTip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 10:14 PM   #4
Mr.P
Driving Duh-Bus

Feedback Rating: (5)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
CBR1000RR

Since when does a state have any responsibility for the condition of it's roadways? I'm guessing the case will be overturned on appeals by the state.
Old 04-01-2009, 10:18 PM   #5
Azylum
The Chosen One

Quote:
Originally Posted by QTip View Post
That's right...only in California. Relating to this, there was a story of a guy who tried to sue a department store b/c he crashed his motorcycle driving through the remnants of what was a watermelon in the parking lot. I don't think he got anywhere with that one though...

Here is the story from another forum I'm on:

So here's my dilemna- I was doing about 5 mph when I rode over a watermelon that had been smashed on the road and run over a few times in front of JC penny's. Now here's the issue...it was 7pm and the watermelon was flat on the pavement, I couldn't even see it and it had been there for about a day because the previous day I had seen where someone had thrown it down because it was in large clumps at the time.... The bike's not bad but the left side has been thrashed the front axle is bent a little bit, the swingarm is scrathed and bent where the rear peg is and the gas tank has a small ding in it....I went home after and called the police after I got the manager's name and told her about the accident but the police could have cared less and didn't even show up... So I went back to the scene today and took pictures and luckily even though i informed the management at JC penny's the watermellon bits were still there so i'm hoping I can take them to small claims court for diligence...anyone out there a lawyer...is this an available option.

Oh...and I just put my half termiginoni system on about 4 hours prior and it sounded great....life sucks..
this situation i can understand. it is private property and the business has an obligation to maintain its parkway for the safety of their customers.
Old 04-01-2009, 10:29 PM   #6
QTip

Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
2010 Ducati Streetfighter 'S'

Think about it though...he said he knew it was there before, yet he ran over it the next day with his motorcycle. That's like me suing Best Buy b/c I crashed my motorcycle in their parking lot b/c of an oil patch. It doesn't make sense...
QTip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 10:47 PM   #7
Japawhat02
02 Tona

Feedback Rating: (1)

Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
2002 Daytona

"The attorney representing the 45-year-old Rogers says most the award will be used for future medical bills."

8.6 million in med bills give me a fuggin break.
figures..... it is san fran sicko
Old 04-01-2009, 10:48 PM   #8
Azylum
The Chosen One

Quote:
Originally Posted by QTip View Post
Think about it though...he said he knew it was there before, yet he ran over it the next day with his motorcycle. That's like me suing Best Buy b/c I crashed my motorcycle in their parking lot b/c of an oil patch. It doesn't make sense...
im no lawyer, but i think you would have a case tho.
Old 04-01-2009, 10:49 PM   #9
Japawhat02
02 Tona

Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
2002 Daytona

bunch of friggin tards.....
Old 04-01-2009, 10:58 PM   #10
LuisG4

Trackdays: 8

Bike(s):
2003 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-9R

Send a message via AIM to LuisG4
Ha, then you wonder why California has a much worse crisis that the other states right now...
LuisG4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 11:03 PM   #11
ANTISOCIAL

Bike(s):
05 cbr 600 rr

Send a message via AIM to ANTISOCIAL
All that is worth putting up with to be back in CALI. . Nice weather ,
Fine a$$ b!tches & good a$$ w##D . I would def. move back if i could !
Old 04-01-2009, 11:20 PM   #12
Azylum
The Chosen One

Quote:
Originally Posted by ANTISOCIAL View Post
All that is worth putting up with to be back in CALI. . Nice weather ,
Fine a$$ b!tches & good a$$ w##D . I would def. move back if i could !
landslides, forest fires, earthquakes, tsunamis, looting, rioting, communism...ya, sounds like a real treat.

Advertisement