MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 02-11-2006, 03:25 PM   #1
UrMyStlkAl

Feedback Rating: (0)

Bike(s):
93 CBR F2 600

Send a message via AIM to UrMyStlkAl Send a message via MSN to UrMyStlkAl Send a message via Yahoo to UrMyStlkAl
? about Castrol Oil

Cycle Gear has a sale on Castrol GPS for $2.99 and Castrol ACT-Evo for $2.29. Either of those any good? I need to change the oil in my bike for the first time and not sure what kind of oil was in it before or what kind to put in.

Also might need a new chain, dunno yet. I'll be getting a rear stand and I'll see if I can just pull the back tire back some.
UrMyStlkAl is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Castrol 2T Oil? Would you use it? dbuck Dirtbikes, Mini's, ATV's..... 5 05-08-2012 10:38 AM
Castrol Honda back to WSBK Grinchy Taking it to the Track 5 01-23-2011 07:15 PM
Advertisement
Old 02-11-2006, 03:46 PM   #2
arturo3rd
OG Sheriff/ Boss

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2015 HD Forty Eight

both are ok. i say get semi-synthetic and see if they can hook you up for the 20% on the Castrol R4 oil.

if not get the Act-evo. you can get the oil filter at a autoparts store like Pepboys. they usually run aroun $1.99 there for the Fram. just cross refrence the part numbers and your set!
Old 02-11-2006, 03:47 PM   #3
PhilAnder

Motul .
PhilAnder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2006, 03:51 PM   #4
UrMyStlkAl

Bike(s):
93 CBR F2 600

Send a message via AIM to UrMyStlkAl Send a message via MSN to UrMyStlkAl Send a message via Yahoo to UrMyStlkAl
I was thinking I'd just get the K&N oil filter while I was there but I'm pretty sure it's more than $1.99. There's an autozone and an O'reilley's right down the street from me.

Also I have a 25% off coupon for next Sat. for oils and chemicals. I guess I'll just wait till then and get the R4 oil. Just gotta figure out what weight I'll use now.
Old 02-11-2006, 03:52 PM   #5
PhilAnder

I use a K&N cause the bolt mounted to the filter makes it so much easier to work with on the R6
PhilAnder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2006, 03:54 PM   #6
arturo3rd
OG Sheriff/ Boss

Bike(s):
2015 HD Forty Eight

Quote:
Originally Posted by UrMyStlkAl
I was thinking I'd just get the K&N oil filter while I was there but I'm pretty sure it's more than $1.99. There's an autozone and an O'reilley's right down the street from me
if you are going to change the oil filter frequently then get them at the parts store. if anybody tells you Fram filters are they are trying to sell you something. there was a case YEARS ago when they broke or something on motorcycles but that wasnt common.

the parts store isnt going to know what filter your bike has so get the #'s off the filter and have them cross refrence. the K&N filters are nice since they have the bolt head for you to unscrew them, but its not worth the extra $$$ for that feature.
Old 02-11-2006, 04:33 PM   #7
UrMyStlkAl

Bike(s):
93 CBR F2 600

Quote:
Originally Posted by arturo3rd
if you are going to change the oil filter frequently then get them at the parts store. if anybody tells you Fram filters are they are trying to sell you something. there was a case YEARS ago when they broke or something on motorcycles but that wasnt common.

This what your talking about? Is this no longer an issue?

http://www.tobycreek.org/oil_filters/fram.shtml
Old 02-11-2006, 04:37 PM   #8
arturo3rd
OG Sheriff/ Boss

Bike(s):
2015 HD Forty Eight

Quote:
Originally Posted by UrMyStlkAl
This what your talking about? Is this no longer an issue?

http://www.tobycreek.org/oil_filters/fram.shtml
yup. they got recalled in 1995. ive used FRAM for years now and have told other people nation wide (at www.kawiforums.com) and locally about the loop hole when buying them at the auto parts store. nothing but praise is all ive heard
Old 02-11-2006, 05:54 PM   #9
ownage
Banned

User is banned

ownage is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement