Welcome back to us :/ Our hosts data center was down for the entire day.
MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > Information > Events, Meets and Rides
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 04-05-2009, 06:31 PM   #141
texlurch
Official MH tag inspector

Feedback Rating: (2)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
04 ZX-10R
02 ZX-12R BOTM 12/11
00 ZX-12R
07 GSXR 600
00 TL1000R BOTM 07/12 (sold)

Member Garage

It IS speed in the corner 99% of the time, and riding faster than you should be on unfamiliar roads. Even if you "know" the roads, that gravel or junk in the corner wasn't there yesterday...

Just touches way too close to home for me, especially now with Dave.
.... Home of the "Black Ninja's"
texlurch is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Sunday 10/11/09 Forest / TWS (Texas World Speedway) / Parade laps Ride Deano3090 Ridesmart Motorcycle School 51 10-12-2009 09:53 PM
Forest / TWS (Texas World Speedway) ride on Monday 09.07.09 Deano3090 Ridesmart Motorcycle School 13 09-06-2009 06:31 PM
7.5.09 Forest Ride andreakw123 Events, Meets and Rides 140 07-06-2009 01:26 PM
Roll Call for 4.4.09 Forest Ride/TWS (Texas World Speedway) Bevo Events, Meets and Rides 13 04-04-2009 08:01 AM
1.31.09 Forest Ride CaligoneTx Events, Meets and Rides 149 02-02-2009 12:49 AM
Advertisement
Old 04-05-2009, 06:38 PM   #142
Silent636
It's called a 6'Dirty'6

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 2 years
Trackdays: 4

Bike(s):
06 ZX-636 (Stolen)
EX-500 (Sold)
00 Aprilia RSV Mille

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by burnboy View Post
it's not even speed as a factor. the one yesterday was in tims corner.
I was the one yesterday. What happened was i was on the outside of the turn (turning left) and 3-4 bikes came at me riding the yellow line (i dunno how fast they were going but one was scraping i could hear it). It freaked me out a little b/c i had not seen any other bikes on the road coming the other direction. I up righted the bike and tried to break. I ran out of room breaking and the back end came up and over me 1/2 through the turn. The only real dmg to the bike is the wind shield got ripped off and the broken upper fairing. I got up and road it to Yankees and was fine. I have lacerations to the back of my neck on the right side from going through a barb wire fence, and my right thumb got jammed along with my whole left hand. Other than all that by the time i hit the ground the bike was down to 30-40mph and i was only going about 40-50 around the turn.

I could go on about what if's but all in all if the other riders that were coming at me had not been riding the yellow line i believe i would have been able to hold it.

With that said....you ride em you wreck em. I bought a bike fully aware the dangers of what could happen to me. I have raced Mountain and Road bikes for almost 13years now and have had much much worse spills (including losing 1/2 my face).

I personally want to thank everyone that came back and stopped to check up on me and help me get to Yankees. I personally want to apologize for my remark about the flowers for at the time i was not all there and had no idea that the cross and flowers were to a friend of the boards.

I had a blast and no matter the outcome enjoyed ever bit of the day yesterday and was happy to get to meet many of yall at TWS (Texas World Speedway) and on the way to Yankees. I will be back out there and fixed up within the next week or so already got new fairings on order and all that.

Till then ride safe be smart and for sakes wear gear.
Silent636 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2009, 06:44 PM   #143
texlurch

Bike(s):
04 ZX-10R
02 ZX-12R BOTM 12/11
00 ZX-12R
07 GSXR 600

Member Garage

That's what really sucks, when someone elses speed and borderline control causes your wreck.
Old 04-05-2009, 06:47 PM   #144
Silent636
It's called a 6'Dirty'6

Trackdays: 4

Bike(s):
06 ZX-636 (Stolen)
EX-500 (Sold)
00 Aprilia RSV Mille

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by texlurch View Post
That's what really sucks, when someone elses speed and borderline control causes your wreck.
It does but i am just happy no one else got hurt and both me and the bike were able to ride away.
Silent636 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2009, 06:49 PM   #145
texlurch

Bike(s):
04 ZX-10R
02 ZX-12R BOTM 12/11
00 ZX-12R
07 GSXR 600

Member Garage

Anytime you walk away its a GOOD day!
Old 04-05-2009, 06:49 PM   #146
burnboy
upliftmofopartyplan

Experience: 5 years

Bike(s):
2011 kawi z 1000

yes sir. is nice to know ya.
burnboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2009, 06:52 PM   #147
CaligoneTx
Forest Gnome Tour Guide

Feedback Rating: (1)

Bike(s):
Triumph 675r
Ducati 748
Hyosungs (250r + 650r)
Honda 900rr
Suzuki Busa1300r (+2 bikes)

Send a message via AIM to CaligoneTx Send a message via Yahoo to CaligoneTx
Again, you had a great attitude about the whole thing and the honesty about what happened was far better then what we normally hear from riders that say 'the bike this, the bike that.'

I was one biker behind you going down the line working with body positioning and we came up on you after prolly a half minute after you can to rest. As you said, the bike was in great position and I dont know how the headlights didn't get so much a scratch.

You should have gone for one of those turkeys while you were on the other side of the fence. Just saying
Old 04-05-2009, 06:57 PM   #148
JMAC

Bike(s):
Ninja

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent636 View Post
It does but i am just happy no one else got hurt and both me and the bike were able to ride away.
You have the right attitude. Better to have a little getoff in the ditch than spend the weekend on the couch. happens. Glad you are ok
JMAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2009, 06:57 PM   #149
ImpactBlue

Bike(s):
05 SV650S

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaligoneTx View Post

You should have gone for one of those turkeys while you were on the other side of the fence. Just saying
thats what i told him lol they would have made a yummy dinner! and thanks i tried to keep it together the best i could at the time...later not so much but its always worse right before you go to sleep at night
ImpactBlue is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement